Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Chat colors & Migraines/Palinopsia

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am finding hard to read whisper messages, because purple on a greyish background lacks contrast for reading clarity. I suggest a lighter colour (although maybe not one already in use to highlight moderators, system messages, etc), such as magenta or pink, to give greater contrast between the background colour, & to help those, who like me, have vision difficulties.
    We all want to enjoy the game, not get eyestrain!

World
    Newfoundland
    I would recommend if the game will provide a click function to block or black list a person from whispering you or chat by clicking the name once icon

It would simplify and a lot easier to use rather then asking a 7 years old kid to use \ignore some players name (this method takes time to learn and it might be too late for a 7 year old kid to respond or (to even care) send a ticket to support to stop the player.

It could also be too late when they would have been influence something in the process.

I do know that blue byte monitors the movement of a player but question is how many players can blue byte monitor in every single minute every single event its not going to work perfectly.

settler_working
    I agree, the text color of whisper is very difficult to read.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    +1

World
    Northisle
    +1

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    It's definitely been asked before, but still a good idea. Such a terrible colour currently.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    From the point of view of Disability Discrimination and Website Accessibility, a colour change would be advisable as the current colour combination probably wouldn't pass the test for readability by all players. It can make things difficult for any players with colour blindness or colour differentiation problems if the colour sets are not a good choice or combination. I don't know the exact numbers of the colours used in whisper (brownish background and pink/purple text), but similar colours fail the colour combination tests.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have vision issues and when I use whisper I need to lean in to see it properly. Making the text much brighter like a hot pink colour, or bright purple would fix it. Very light text on dark works great. Colour is unimportant.

+1 since this would be a very easy fix

World
    Sandycove
    +1

Former Community Team Member Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi all,

Thank you so much for contributing your personal experiences to this thread-- I feel this is also an important issue and am currently discussing what can be done about it with the team. Will keep you updated.

Best,
    BB_Alpaca

Reply to Thread