Thread: Chat colors & Migraines/Palinopsia

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks Alpaca! Would be cool to get some quick wins like this one in...haha

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    That purple is terrible. I can barely read it. it should be normal white just like on trade channel.

World
    Newfoundland
    Had a similar request (Original posted here:http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...our-suggestion)

Could best be combined with this one, Thank you

Chat Colour suggestion
    Didn't see it mentioned before, so I'll put it here:

Is it possible to have things you post in chat to have a different colour than white?

I sometimes can't follow chat because I often need to look at my fingers while typing, when I'm between my Parkinson med. sets.
    Because that influence my fine motor skills that effects my finger/fiping, creating my 'Fat Finger syndrome"

It would be nice to have an optical difference between things I say and others, helps a lot in finding my last reply and follow things in chat faster

Also the green on black names, are often difficult to read for me, I know that is my problem, would be nice to change that colour to.

It would be nice if you possibly can make your own colour scheme so you change colour to your liking/readability.
    Would make chat more accessible also for the Visually Impaired
    Just thinking out loud here

If everyone could set their own colours, that would make a lot of users happy I think, I would be anyways
    Last edited by AmySafeunderdark; 14.09.13 at 18:27. Reason: fat finger syndrome..lol
    Amy Safeunderdark
    A little magic goes a long way.

Amy's Rules of progress (TSO Forum )
    Amy's random quotes & Settlers related Art and images (TSO Forum )
    Amy's TOOLS:
    Forum image uploader New version online supporting more image types, even animated gif!
    Explained here (Forum link) --> PLease leave your comments and/or remarks here

TSO server status (outside link) New Version!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    I assume the developers dont understand the question, otherwise they could have answered by now. So what do they not understand? Do they not know what a whisper is, or are they unaware of the existance of colour?

And it's not only this thread, they fail to answer this question for a year or 2 now. It has been asked several times before. Such nice people, those developers, I'm told they do read the feedback, and they refuse to answer....

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    This is how difficult it isn't to change text colour.

But instead of the devs changing 1 occurrance of "FC68FF" to "FFFFFF", they fix the battle report arrow nobody ever cared about, and give us collectibles nobody ever asked for or wanted.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    It is baffling that Whisper is still such a squint-inducing colour, there are long running threads in forums the world over (including ours as a keyword search of the word 'whisper' will quickly show) asking that it be changed to something more readable. One of the strangest pieces in the saga is that back in November of 2012 is was apparently changed.

Patch Note 22.11.12

CHAT INTERFACE MODIFICATIONS

• Nicknames and messages are different colors now
    • The color of whispers has been modified
    I recall the shocking green of nicknames coming in but what Whisper might have been changed from escapes me and how it could possibly have been improved by the modification to become what it is now I cannot imagine. o.o

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Then we are truly like an inclined plane wrapped helically around a cylinder. ( [removed] )

Even BB_Ravel cannot convince the devs of actually-unfixed "fixes" while demonstrating them in real time...

Hi Hairy,

I'm afraid everyone has to figure it out on his or her own since the word used isn't PEGI-7 and thus had to be removed

Cheers,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 19.09.13 at 18:55.

World
    Newfoundland
    +1 from me too about the color and its really sometimes hard to read if you dont have good brightness on screen. Also I would like to see an whisper button for invited players to adventure. Sometimes when I whisper with more people and accidently close whisper from 1 of the the players that are in the adventure I need to look for them in the long friends list of type each time /w. It would be much easier if that could be done only by clicking on their avatar in adventure when seeing details. Cheers
    Don`t think too much. You`ll create a problem that wasn`t even there in the first place.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    So... how is it going?

It's a pretty easy question. This thread is here for over a month, Alpaca is "discussing it with the team" for 2 weeks... Are they on Pluto that discussions take so long?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethos View Post
    So... how is it going?

It's a pretty easy question. This thread is here for over a month, Alpaca is "discussing it with the team" for 2 weeks... Are they on Pluto that discussions take so long?
    Some things are very easy to ask, but hard to implement, so it could take some time to get it.
    But an update would be nice, at least we would know what would be done, and preferably when it will be done.

Pluto ?? lol that's not even a Planet anymore
    Amy Safeunderdark
    A little magic goes a long way.

Amy's Rules of progress (TSO Forum )
    Amy's random quotes & Settlers related Art and images (TSO Forum )
    Amy's TOOLS:
    Forum image uploader New version online supporting more image types, even animated gif!
    Explained here (Forum link) --> PLease leave your comments and/or remarks here

TSO server status (outside link) New Version!

Reply to Thread