Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Chat colors & Migraines/Palinopsia

Former Community Team Member Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by AmySafeunderdark View Post
    Some things are very easy to ask, but hard to implement, so it could take some time to get it.
    But an update would be nice, at least we would know what would be done, and preferably when it will be done.

Pluto ?? lol that's not even a Planet anymore
    We are discussing it (on Earth!), but implementing it will take time and needs to go through due process. I will update when I have more information.

Best,
    BB_Alpaca
    Last edited by BB_Alpaca; 25.09.13 at 12:51.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Nope, cannot for the life of me, figure out how this could take longer than five minutes & one maintenance to fix.

We got green nicknames that look awful & nobody ever requested, and that seemed too easy to implement.

Players have been asking for a change to more-readable colours for a year, so either BB have been ignoring players for a year, (not good,) or BB have been discussing it for a year, (more time than it took to get a rough plan for manned moon landings, and again, not good.)

Every day this remains unchanged, is another insult to the players.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    been in contact with genuine rocket scientists I know, manned moon landings only need 3 months planning.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm really not happy with another "you'll find out when it's there" answer.

It's been an issue raised many times. And at least the problem is really easy: People like to gbe able to change the colour of the chat/whisper. Can BB do that or is it difficult?

Takes not more then 5 minutes for a developer to give a quick answer if it *most likely* could be done. But all we get is "we;re discussing it". Uhm... what does that mean? Are they not convinced it's a needed change? Is it really difficult to do, and are they studying how to do it?

I've said it many many times before. If they would just answer, we most likely would understand what's going on and the choices they make. If it's difficult, fine then we'll be patient. But by not providing any info, people keep asking, and it only takes more time and energy. The communcation department has to be on the dark side of the moon, I've hardly ever seen such a rediculous communication strategy.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Perhaps the developer in charge of the communications interface has purple as their favourite colour? Changing it is out of the question cause purple is an awesome colour! It stands for royalty and other things I better not mention here.

But all jokes aside, perhaps this is a case of, its too simple to merit consideration, while larger issues are being discussed. I know from experience working with developers, that making what may seem a simple change never gets the light of day due to serious issues they may be trying to resolve. It can be hard to take 5 to fix a simple problem, while other game breaking issues need fixing.

At any rate, I do agree, some form of communication from them in regards to whether this is being considered would be nice. Even if they indicate they are too busy to look into this, that at least would be something, I for one would just move on...actually I may just move on now...haha.

Perhaps they will fix the whisper blinking bug while they are at it? /me crosses fingers

Flesh Eating Mushroom Keen Commentor SwampHen's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree. Very difficult to read, low contrast of the text colour to background.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1 from me. The purple sucks.

And yes: stop making the whisper tab blink if nobody wants to get in contact with me... when people finally want to get in contact with me, they are ignored because I learnt to ignore the blinking whisper tab....

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    In chat, just type /w w w that sends a whisper of 'w' to non-existant player w, and stops the blinkin' blinking.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    And another week has passed.

What we found out since this topic is here (20.08.13) and since the same issue has been raised several times over the past 2 years:

They are discussing it (on earth), but implementation would take time.

Ok, so.... huh? Still discussing, does that mean no decision has been taken to change it or not? Maybe because it would take to much time, and they're working on other bugs first?

Letting the topic die hasnt helped in the past. The issue has been raised several times, and nothing has been done. And coming up with unclear answers doesn't help either. If the developers would just make a decision and issue a clear statement, that would actually help. But all the "we're discussing it" and "will let you know" yada yada... sorry, but that clearly never works within BB.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    From the lack of communication I am seeing here since I started playing, my guess is that the company is a bureaucratic one, heavy on process and politics. I've worked for such IT companies, and even simple changes took months just to get through the approval process. It's really a shame as I think too much process and procedure harms a company more than making a few hasty mistakes that can be backed out quickly.

No matter how much complaining or suggestions like this one are made, I sincerely doubt we will change how the company runs internally. At the end of the day, so long as they are making money and can keep everyone employed why bother changing anything? I don't agree with that mandate, but its what I have experienced working for such companies.

Putting that aside, I do hope they eventually change the purple text...lol. I also hope BB do not take offense from my comments, I do love the game and I think their dev's are awesome! To think its all done by flash...haha...awesome stuff!

Reply to Thread