Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Chat colors & Migraines/Palinopsia

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quite right that this sort of change should go through due process, even, heaven forbid testing. Its a pity they didn't put the golems through the same due process isn't it though?

Hows that gem sale going BB, i bet ppl are simply falling over themselves to top up their gems at this point.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Sooo, what do we have.

A month ago Alpaca said they're "discussing the problem". But a month later, we still dont know if the supposed discussion is about IF they want to change it, or HOW they have to do it. If you cant even tell what you're discussing.... I dont believe there's a discussion at all.

A community manager from a different server told me they havent had complaints about the colour of the whisper for months, and it's not an issue at the moment. Ah, so ... no discussion. Great, either there was no discussion to start with, or community managers dont share information. (A shared forum for problems and issues being worked on might help guys)

Superduperawesome. Dont bother to answer Alpaca, I've made a bet with my weebles when it would be solved. They said 2017, I said 2020. Not in a hurry at all

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Lots of better colours would work and I'd bet its only a few lines of code with minimal testing needed.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    +1 from me

Former Community Team Member Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethos View Post
    Sooo, what do we have.

A month ago Alpaca said they're "discussing the problem". But a month later, we still dont know if the supposed discussion is about IF they want to change it, or HOW they have to do it. If you cant even tell what you're discussing.... I dont believe there's a discussion at all.

A community manager from a different server told me they havent had complaints about the colour of the whisper for months, and it's not an issue at the moment. Ah, so ... no discussion. Great, either there was no discussion to start with, or community managers dont share information. (A shared forum for problems and issues being worked on might help guys)

Superduperawesome. Dont bother to answer Alpaca, I've made a bet with my weebles when it would be solved. They said 2017, I said 2020. Not in a hurry at all
    Unsure of who you talked to, but there is a discussion going on! Like I mentioned earlier, I will update this thread when I receive more information about it-- I cannot update it if I do not have any yet. It is currently being looked at and we understand that this is an issue for the community that they feel very strongly about.

Best,
    BB_Alpaca
    Last edited by BB_Alpaca; 30.10.13 at 14:24.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    *sigh*

That is such .... nonsense.

If they understand it's an issue the community feels very strongly about.... why is it not solved after 2 years?

Why are they still not capable of telling how they're doing, do they have a solution in mind but just no time to implement it? Are they testing colours? I dont think they understand the problem, because the developers clearly never chat themselves, they are incapable of communicating.

I've told BB more then enough, it would be so much easier to just communicate. The "we're aware and working on it" and "we cant do everything at once" yada yada..... that are jsut ways to avoid telling the players how it's really going. To maybe disappoint some poeple because the developers are not working on a solution or choose a different way.

Avoiding talking to players is just damaging the game though. The same questions will pop up over and over again. Taking time from support, mods, community managers. It gets players annoyed, and creates a bad and cynical atmosphere. But hey, why bother communicating. Lets just go on not telling people how it's really going with the colour of the whisper, or how the developers look at the numerous complaints about too much clicking, or requests to just change some tekst in the questlines. Ha no, that would be too easy, taking 5 minutes to answer questions that have been asked dozens of times over the past year.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    I also can't understand why not any possibility for custimization, instead of any fix color combination. No variation fit for all...

Former Community Team Member Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethos View Post
    *sigh*

That is such .... nonsense.

If they understand it's an issue the community feels very strongly about.... why is it not solved after 2 years?

Why are they still not capable of telling how they're doing, do they have a solution in mind but just no time to implement it? Are they testing colours? I dont think they understand the problem, because the developers clearly never chat themselves, they are incapable of communicating.

I've told BB more then enough, it would be so much easier to just communicate. The "we're aware and working on it" and "we cant do everything at once" yada yada..... that are jsut ways to avoid telling the players how it's really going. To maybe disappoint some poeple because the developers are not working on a solution or choose a different way.

Avoiding talking to players is just damaging the game though. The same questions will pop up over and over again. Taking time from support, mods, community managers. It gets players annoyed, and creates a bad and cynical atmosphere. But hey, why bother communicating. Lets just go on not telling people how it's really going with the colour of the whisper, or how the developers look at the numerous complaints about too much clicking, or requests to just change some tekst in the questlines. Ha no, that would be too easy, taking 5 minutes to answer questions that have been asked dozens of times over the past year.
    I'm not going to repeat myself, but it is being looked at. I can't speak about the previous two years, because I only saw this thread when it was created (August) and took action on it at that point, and I have not been CM for two years. Needless to say, I am following the process closely to see it through as it goes, and I am talking to you right now. I have also stated multiple times my inbox is always open for users to privately message me if they have any serious concerns-- I am always open for talking.

Best,
    BB_Alpaca

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Doing great Alpaca,

I enjoy seeing you reply on a number of forum posts.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    So, another week has passed, another 2000 opportunities where a chimpanzee could have changed whisper text to a more readable colour, and yet all we have are more excuses, not a single syllable about why the (alleged) discussusion is taking so long, or what the problem with changing the colour might be.

It is truly amazing that a small software company thinks it can afford to ignore its customers, annoy its customers, even regularly insult its customers. Well, BB, you're not getting another cent out of me until a) whisper text colour is improved, and b) at least 2 of the excellent suggestions for reducing the number of pointlessly annoying mouse clicks are implemented.

Shame on BB...

Reply to Thread