Closed Thread
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] End of the World

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    The event is almost halfway. And we're on 26%. I think it's time to stop these adventures, I don't think we can make the 100%.
    Not a balanced event so far.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Cully View Post
    Thing is those of us who do not have the actual time are helping out other players by sending them resources so they can complete the adventures for us. Little unfair to reward only those who complete, if they're using other peoples resources
    It is a good thing that you help out, but believe me my friend, there is not so many people like you. Which is unfortunate. Because then we would finish this Event.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    somehow- the starting values of active players seems to be skewed

My estimate is that they peg NFl at 10k+ active lvl 26+ players- which is far from the truth. login the past 30 days seems to be the wrong measure and then you end with an unachievable goal for the real active population on the servers which leads to people signing off on the event

I thought this was a good idea and a cool event- ill the first few measurements made clear that even 100% is more or less impossible and either 95% of the server is not participating or the values used are flawed. There have been a lot of people doing many adventures and seeing percentages move small amounts only and as usual, the new winds on the euro servers are dolldrums aka no news from the blues

Which, alas, has made me pretty much sign off on the event- i do not feel like wasting tons of resources doing adventures with mediocre rewards and useless xp for a lvl 50 for a goal that is unreachable and the 100% mark is pointless compared to the resources needed to get there (sorry 75 gems and a decoration just don;t ring my bell and anything else is impossible to get)

Final conclusion- good idea, bad implementation making for a very disappointing event

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Event is a waste of time, the formula used is too stacked in favour of the German servers, they should have run it between servers from the same area with each of them having a number 1 spot rather than them just fixing the results to give the servers in the same location as the devs an easy win.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Yeah, this event is rather funny.. Places 1 till 17 are all German/Polish at the moment. This doesn't seem right to me. Oh well, the people on this server might be better off to just ignore this event. Its a bad event anyway, why hunting for more XP if you can't level up after level 50 anyway..

World
    Newfoundland
    Call me cynical, but I think if BB had offered the current 100% reward as a reward for 200% completion of your own personal EotW adventures we would see the stats for all servers above 200% right now... I'm on my fourth run, I've donated a lot of resources to others and some people are in double figures but we're on 32.2% for our server... Most people just aren't interested in working together unless there's personal profit in it.

I've been doing it for the giggles and the community spirit, but for me the giggles have just about run out. I've got another four to run and I'll keep doing until the end because I can soak up the the losses fairly easy, the XP is OK for my level, the rewards aren't that bad and I feel like I'm doing my bit... It's a pity other people don't see it the same way though, could have been good but it's turned in to a bit of a fail.

I'm pointing at you people who are selling 200 bows for 25gc. *fingerwave*

Skilled Student Harald_Villraade's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Splotch, couldnĀ“t agree more, thank you.

BB: extend the time limit of the contest, give us three more days now that guides are out that reduce losses. Should give half the servers a fighting chance. But do it quick!

World
    Sandycove
    Is it just me or is this entire event heavily stacked in favour of the German servers? they have been around the longest have the greater number of high level players. Now if the formula they use to calculate active players was working then there would not be such an immense difference in the percentages. The event was a great idea BB but it looks like you have failed at being fair to everyone, such a pity, we were having fun until we all realised we had no chances of winning anything. maybe next time BB!!!!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    winning is one thing

Having hardly a chance to reach the lowest milestone in the event is the limit though- which makes most people sign off

It is like organizing a marathon with half the starting field having no hope of finishing within the timelimit

Then you know it is a bad plan or badly implemented plan

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    old servers have better chance to win the event... maybe also becouse no have so many multiaccount as in new servers?

Closed Thread