Thread: [Feedback] End of the World

World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks Dantesama!

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland

Feedback on EotW, actually it's more a suggestion for future events

This event has thrown up quite a few issues, but I have also made a lot of really nice friends in g-4 over the last week, and I'm trying really hard to concentrate on the latter

The following suggestions are my ideas for how a similar event can be improved in future. Feel free to disagree or agree as much as you want... I would really like it if this could be a thread with suggestions for future events. There are plenty of threads available on forum for feedback of what people consider wrong with the current one. Please add your voice to those.

I believe there needs to be a clearly defined statement from BB as to what constitues an active player. How can we fill a criteria when we do not know what the requirements are? I do not mean that BB needs to give out all details - but tell us if it means someone logged in last 30 days (that would be rubbish btw)

If the next server vs server event is to be based on adventure completion I would like to see the following implemented (or something similar - just thinking out loud here...)

A minimum of 3 adventure difficulty levels.
    It is wholly unrealistic to expect a player at level 26 to be able to complete the same adv as those at lvl 50, we have lvl restrictions on current adv, so why not on these event adv. It is unrealistic both from population perspective and the available troops they can make in barracks. I also believe that the loot and xp should vary between the 3 different adv levels.

Level1 - from 26 to 36.
    My reasoning for this is that at lvl 26, people still have parts of their island to complete and will have limited resources available. The xp needed to level up is also quite low for these players and this should be taken into account. Most of these players do not need granite or exotic wood. Marble, hardwood planks, gold coins would be a much more beneficial award.

Level 2 - from 37 to 42 (XB to ES)
    A harder adv than lvl 1, xp should be higher than lvl 1, loot should differ, xp less than lvl 3. Loot and xp should be more similar to the adventure that are rated as green/blue

Level 3 - from 42 upwards (ES upwards)
    Similar difficulty/xp/loot to the blue/purple adventures.

I would also prefer it if the adv were NOT tradeable. As I think this would make the competition a lot fairer between the servers. Why not have a quest chain with 3 adv? All players will get the adv appropriate to their level in mail. Then - the next adv will come as part of the loot for when the 1st adv is completed. This would mean that the adv rewarded could be linked to the players level.

I would like to see the adventure available in trader, but only so that each player can buy a maximum of 1-3 extra adventures. Whilst I have completed more than 6 EotW myself, I do not really consider this fair to the newest servers such as Latin America, Spain and Czech servers (just as an example).

A server should not be able to win the event because 10% (or whatever percentage) of dedicated players make up for the shortfall of the rest of the players. It should be about involving whole servers, that means that all servers must be given a realistic chance according to the player levels of that server.

I love the idea of "global" events and would really like to see more of them. However - I would like the event set up so that all servers have a realistic chance of doing well.

Bring on those ideas people

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    maybe just a little thought next time an adv comes round like this make it multi player giving those of a lower level a chance to get help and it will also bring the server closer together...

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorScruffy View Post
    PS. Regarding % and active players: People have the missconception that of all the active players on Sandycove, a large percentage are able to do the adventure. My guess is, the number of active people able to do this event is perhaps 10-20% of all actives. And of those, maybe 5-10% have a vet. Meaning 0.5-2% of actives have a vet, and do the adventure maybe 2-20 times. So you can see how our % increases very slowly. Compared to an old server where the percentage of actives with vets/220 generals is much higher, and their % increases much faster. Just FYI IMO
    This. We are not competing in an equal field, we have a huge disadvante compared to some of the other servers and BB have not done a proper job at balancing the event for it.

World
    Sandycove
    hello,

i think it might be wise to let others know the buffs are having trouble. i noticed this in the last two days (i buffed an iron mine 5 times and it still did not light up) and now lulu was buffing me and 13 buffs did not work. but also i have noticed buffs failing and ending hours before their time. i only use baskets and am only blessed with baskets by friends so it really can make a big difference if they totally fail or finish very early. so i have contacted help and below is the conversation. I think it is important that others know as others might be accused of stashing buffs. support is aware of the problem. i am writting to them now and crossing my fingers that i will at least get some res back.

22:22] [PAWP] TheOldHag: may i feedback here about buffs - resently i have noticed that on the occasion when i am buffed or i buff someone else the buff doesn't work (but it has been used) or it does work but will "fail" after a few hours after and finish early. noticed it yesterday and today

[22:23] [VAULT] Iolanthe: Buffs have been buggy recently, you can try a ticket to Support but I'm not sure how they're handling it.

[22:24] [PAWP] TheOldHag: my firend just buffed me with baskets and 13 of them failed

22:27] [VAULT] Iolanthe: Have them try a ticket, I did once (then I got tired of them and gave up) and got a portion of the buff ingredients back. Really it's down to how much one wishes to persue it.

Kind regards Mary

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLurker View Post
    I do not think a cheat is needed to explain the stats, it is simply the number of high-level players on each server. That still makes me very disappointed with BB for this, because they could and should have anticipated this - it wasn't hard to work out.

As an example, (purely to show the maths, I have no actual figures from BB or anywhere else):
    You are absolutly correct. And given the situation, Sandycove and other servers have done very well against clear odds.

However, the failing of BB is less about the lack of anticipating the level difference, and more about failing to make this event open to ALL levels. The differences in levels would have made little difference if the adventure was scaled according to level.

Or making it a 2-3 person adventure would have been even better!!
    - The high level players can take on the brunt of the adventure, while lower levels can take on the weaker sections of the adventure.
    - OR the higher level players can step into lower level players adventures to help out when needed.

The Christmas Feast adventure was a step in the right direction, but still not enough. If they cannot make scaled adventures, then make different adventures that contribute to the wider event.

Or perhaps the higher level adventures can drop a lower level adventure as loot, that players can pass onto lower level players.

Anyway, there's a lot of ways to do this that'd involve all players on equal footing.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    From another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorScruffy View Post
    You are absolutly correct. And given the situation, Sandycove and other servers have done very well against clear odds.

However, the failing of BB is less about the lack of anticipating the level difference, and more about failing to make this event open to ALL levels. The differences in levels would have made little difference if the adventure was scaled according to level.

Or making it a 2-3 person adventure would have been even better!!
    - The high level players can take on the brunt of the adventure, while lower levels can take on the weaker sections of the adventure.
    - OR the higher level players can step into lower level players adventures to help out when needed.

The Christmas Feast adventure was a step in the right direction, but still not enough. If they cannot make scaled adventures, then make different adventures that contribute to the wider event.

Or perhaps the higher level adventures can drop a lower level adventure as loot, that players can pass onto lower level players.

Anyway, there's a lot of ways to do this that'd involve all players on equal footing.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    It doesn't take a genius to look through the guilds on the servers, see the average levels (30 is my impression for sandycove) and for BB to recalculate the true active players that log in more than once a week for the target total percentage.
    The adventure designed for level 36+ players is obviously biased against newer servers.
    This is in the middle of the xmas event, where players are expected to do the xmas adventure occasionally, guild and daily quests which ask for other adventures.
    Also with maintenance on different days giving some servers advantage/disadvantage.

So the whole event seems a bit rushed.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just to add my part to the on going debate. why could we not have been given the facts and figures of what was needed to achieve the targets set. Newfoundland really pulled together after a couple of days and trades were amazing with players doing eotw non stop for days. how can it be even remotly possible to not get to 100% ???
    Myself only managed to do 7 adv with the short time i spend online and im level 44 so im very greatfull to all those that have dedicated a lot of time to to this for what appears to be absolutly nothing.
    Kind of hoping this was a test by BB to see if we would actually give it a go for future events

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    they will not divulge strategically sensitive information- like any data that will give people a fairly accurate estimate of active population on servers

Closed Thread