Closed Thread
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] End of the World

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLurker View Post
    None of which deals with the central bias of servers with large numbers of low-level players who couldn't complete the adventure and thereby skewed the statistics. Why will BB not acknowledge this? None of us believe those other factors are the fundamental reason as to why our servers failed to reach 100%. BB's silence on this is only going to ensure that I stop supporting this game.
    Even if the MOD's here agree with you, such as BB_Dantesama, they cannot say they agree, or voice dissent/objection towards BB. As their job does not allow for it. They can only Moderate the Forum, and act as a intermediary between the forum members and BB.

Hence why you don't hear anything from them other than what BB allows them to say.

BB have acknowledged the bias of older servers vs newer servers, but chances are, they cannot find a perfect way to deal with it. The problem is the event was designed poorly, you cannot simply 'give' newer servers a win, thereby taking it from the older servers, just to make 'some' people happy. It only creates more problems. So BB are staying silent and hopefully taking on board their failures to make sure it doesn't happen next time.

You will just have to accept this huge blundering failure by BB, and get on with things. You won't get what you want.

World
    Northisle
    I like the above ideas, I`d add to that:
    Communicate better the events requirements,
    not on only what constitutes an active player, but also
    • how many active players each server has and if adventures get grouped by level (and even if not)
      • how that number of players is spread on different ranges of levels
        • how many adventures are to be done by each group (related most likely to numbers ib the previous 2 statements)
          • and what actions are taken to level up the differences between servers to make the event equally fair and enjoyable by all.
    Last edited by Polymer; 20.12.12 at 04:30.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer View Post
    I like the above ideas, I`d add to that:
    Communicate better the events requirements,
    not on only what constitutes an active player, but also
    • how many active players each server has and if adventures get grouped by level (and even if not)
      • how that number of players is spread on different ranges of levels
        • how many adventures are to be done by each group (related most likely to numbers ib the previous 2 statements)
          • and what actions are taken to level up the differences between servers to make the event equally fair and enjoyable by all.
    Do not expect hard numbers as these can be used to calculate server loads to some extent- which obviously they woul nto want to divulge

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFairy View Post
    This event has thrown up quite a few issues, but I have also made a lot of really nice friends in g-4 over the last week, and I'm trying really hard to concentrate on the latter

The following suggestions are my ideas for how a similar event can be improved in future. Feel free to disagree or agree as much as you want... I would really like it if this could be a thread with suggestions for future events. There are plenty of threads available on forum for feedback of what people consider wrong with the current one. Please add your voice to those.

I believe there needs to be a clearly defined statement from BB as to what constitues an active player. How can we fill a criteria when we do not know what the requirements are? I do not mean that BB needs to give out all details - but tell us if it means someone logged in last 30 days (that would be rubbish btw)

If the next server vs server event is to be based on adventure completion I would like to see the following implemented (or something similar - just thinking out loud here...)

A minimum of 3 adventure difficulty levels.
    It is wholly unrealistic to expect a player at level 26 to be able to complete the same adv as those at lvl 50, we have lvl restrictions on current adv, so why not on these event adv. It is unrealistic both from population perspective and the available troops they can make in barracks. I also believe that the loot and xp should vary between the 3 different adv levels.

Level1 - from 26 to 36.
    My reasoning for this is that at lvl 26, people still have parts of their island to complete and will have limited resources available. The xp needed to level up is also quite low for these players and this should be taken into account. Most of these players do not need granite or exotic wood. Marble, hardwood planks, gold coins would be a much more beneficial award.

Level 2 - from 37 to 42 (XB to ES)
    A harder adv than lvl 1, xp should be higher than lvl 1, loot should differ, xp less than lvl 3. Loot and xp should be more similar to the adventure that are rated as green/blue

Level 3 - from 42 upwards (ES upwards)
    Similar difficulty/xp/loot to the blue/purple adventures.

I would also prefer it if the adv were NOT tradeable. As I think this would make the competition a lot fairer between the servers. Why not have a quest chain with 3 adv? All players will get the adv appropriate to their level in mail. Then - the next adv will come as part of the loot for when the 1st adv is completed. This would mean that the adv rewarded could be linked to the players level.

I would like to see the adventure available in trader, but only so that each player can buy a maximum of 1-3 extra adventures. Whilst I have completed more than 6 EotW myself, I do not really consider this fair to the newest servers such as Latin America, Spain and Czech servers (just as an example).

A server should not be able to win the event because 10% (or whatever percentage) of dedicated players make up for the shortfall of the rest of the players. It should be about involving whole servers, that means that all servers must be given a realistic chance according to the player levels of that server.

I love the idea of "global" events and would really like to see more of them. However - I would like the event set up so that all servers have a realistic chance of doing well.

Bring on those ideas people
    I heartily endorse this product and/or service.

I would like to add that BB should consider greater clarity and transparency of the rules, regulations and requirements, and make sure any perceived loopholes are shut down BEFORE the event begins. They also need to learn to communicate with ALL players (not just one nationality, leaving everyone else hanging) simultaneously.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    We don't really know if BB has acknowledged the failure here though, we only know some of the moderators agree, the people who designed the event could just be ignoring all feedback and patting themselves on the back for an event well done. Since we get zero direct feedback from the designers, I guess the only way we can tell is if the next event they run is a massive failure too. The extra problem here is that if people keep playing despite things not running well then they have no incentive to run anything other than terrible events.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorScruffy View Post
    ... but chances are, they cannot find a perfect way to deal with it. The problem is the event was designed poorly, you cannot simply 'give' newer servers a win, thereby taking it from the older servers, just to make 'some' people happy. ...
    There's one thing they could do ... and that would be to make individual prizes too, based on the averages over each server. For example, the Northisle chap above, who did 31 EotWs, ... surely he deserves to be in the 200% target level?

(Additionally, if more prizes are given, it doesn't take away from the old servers, since they still get prizes also. It isn't a zero-sum game).

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    @ Kotugo iam very sorry to tell you but 100% next event will fail too just like every other event,gameupdate before. Deutsche grundlichheit dosnt excist at BB they all from the it dosnt matter that you fail mama still loves ya generation

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    We don't really know if BB has acknowledged the failure here though, we only know some of the moderators agree, the people who designed the event could just be ignoring all feedback and patting themselves on the back for an event well done. Since we get zero direct feedback from the designers, I guess the only way we can tell is if the next event they run is a massive failure too. The extra problem here is that if people keep playing despite things not running well then they have no incentive to run anything other than terrible events.
    Even in cases where devs read the feedback directly like on the staging server- it has never made a difference- bugs get ignored, imbalance is kept in place all to meet deadlines without bothering about quality of gameplay

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    It is important to make complaints and feedback known. I have written to customer support as well as voicing my opinions here. BB may indeed ignore it, but along with withdrawing financial support it is the only way to make your voice heard. If you do not speak they cannot listen. Make sure you have contacted customer support with your feedback as well as posting here - BB need to know how badly they have failed us or it guarantees nothing can change.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    in response to # There's one thing they could do ... and that would be to make individual prizes too, based on the averages over each server. For example, the Northisle chap above, who did 31 EotWs, ... surely he deserves to be in the 200% target level?#

Not disagreeing at all but what about those of us wh gave 1000's of bows, sword etc to help the ones who completed miltiple adventures. Totally agree that BB should do something. We seem to have lost a lot for nil return and yet I know people were all working together on this

Closed Thread