Closed Thread
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] End of the World

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    My Suggestion is to redefine what they mean by an active player, could they not use anyone who logs in between the dates the ad is running is then classed as an active player and this is used for the calcuations. This also negates how old the server actually is, so old or new open or closed will make no difference.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    1 have not stopped and starting number 11
    But why has the 15th and 16th been taken off the forum stat as it was there this am i cant get answer from Mods on chat any help pls

World
    Newfoundland
    Yes.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Lets talk numbers guys.. The top server is Germany6 at 153.7%, the first non-german/polish server is at place 17 with 60.6%. The difference between the lead servers and the medium server is at least 250%. Which is horrble high. The leadservers are going to make 200% without much problems, while the lower servers starting from 17 might have a small chance on getting at 100% but i doubt it.

Without an recalculation of the numbers needed, taking into account only the players which are high enough to have xbows maybe, we will never going to make it to 100%. Our server is running for almost an year which makes us an relative old server, but non of our international servers are going to make it. Ofcourse you can say we have lots of players who don't like to do adventures in our midst, but looking at the number of people who managed to get to L50 within a few months i really doubt it. So, i can only assumed that the total numbers needed to get 100% is faulty calculated.

Oh well, if this is the way BB is going to do some of the interservers event, they can have it, but I will fatly refuse to participate. There are plenty of good games around where i can play and not feel cheated out.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    My guild is amazing, we have done more than 200%, even though we have a LOT of members that can't do it at all because of low levels. But it feels extremely unfair that we are competing against servers that we can't be compared to. Our casual players against the intense gamers from Germany and Poland can't be in our favor, ever. We never had a chance, and that just sucks. I don't want to see an event like this again =(

Off to finish my 12th round.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexidh View Post
    My guild is amazing, we have done more than 200%, even though we have a LOT of members that can't do it at all because of low levels. But it feels extremely unfair that we are competing against servers that we can't be compared to. Our casual players against the intense gamers from Germany and Poland can't be in our favor, ever. We never had a chance, and that just sucks. I don't want to see an event like this again =(

Off to finish my 12th round.
    I doubt it is casual versus hardcore that is the problem

World
    Newfoundland
    Wow, Northisle is the worst of the three EU servers. Hasn't even made 50% yet, ouchy.
    Trying to be happy in a sad world

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Then what is?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    What i cannot understand is why there appears to be such a huge force behind stopping other player's doing this event.
    I don't see a huge force stopping the event. But there is a lot of players explaining why they are not doing it, as lots of people complaining that they are not doing it and want explanations.
    If you dont like it dont do it make a complaint to BB and just get on with the way you want to play the game.
    People have filed complaints, but fact is, nothing really happens with the silent complaints. People have actually LOST things due to this event, not only do they not see any gain. Time, resources have been spent on what they were told was a fair event, only to find out it's not at all. People don't want to 'get on with it', they want it corrected, they want to participate fairly.

None of my guild members are forced in any way to do the adventure. Many have declined but most for an understandable reason and i totally respect that. Some are helping with buffs and resources. There is so much not known about this event and how it is working, the stats i dont believe give an accurate reading of the whole situation. BB by doing them at erratic times have made it difficult to assess the apparent surges etc at a glance. The task is not difficult now we have so much more information and my guild has reached over 200% despite several members unable to log in some for a few days now. There are 3 days to go and we reached the target for our guild and we are still going and i am sure others have done the same. If the whole server took up the task and did it we could still get the 150% reward. The stats dont show a true picture. BB are taking a day or two after the event to establish who achieved what so obviously we cannot go by the stats.

We have 3 days dont waste them.
    Firstly, the situation now means that those people who'd normally do dozens of EOTW's, now won't do a thing. Changing the stats/reward after the event will not encourage people to do more NOW. For BB to reward those people after the event, who DO do the adventures now, would just be another slap in the face for everyone else. And given BB's track record, I doubt they'll retroactively alter the stats, or rewards, but you can hope.

I'm here saying all this because people deserve to know what's going on, and not have unreasonably high expectations of what will happen after the event. By all means do the adventure if you wish, but don't expect anything from it.

PS. Regarding % and active players: People have the missconception that of all the active players on Sandycove, a large percentage are able to do the adventure. My guess is, the number of active people able to do this event is perhaps 10-20% of all actives. And of those, maybe 5-10% have a vet. Meaning 0.5-2% of actives have a vet, and do the adventure maybe 2-20 times. So you can see how our % increases very slowly. Compared to an old server where the percentage of actives with vets/220 generals is much higher, and their % increases much faster. Just FYI IMO

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    No, right now starting nm 24

Closed Thread