Closed Thread
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] End of the World

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by milos321 View Post
    I'm lvl 36, have no Vetaran or Crossbows, so I barely finished EOW in 2,5 days. Needles to say that I sold out everything (and I really mean everything) I had, for bread, brew and weapons, and still didn't recover, so finishing adventure one more time was impossible for me.

What surprised me is how people are greedy, and how prices went up on everything, like it wasn't in everybody's interest to help those who want to play EOW... Not to mention that I had 5 or 6 more EOW adventures, which I sold for next to nothing, thinking that it's better to give it to someone who can actually finish it, and later I noticed in trading history, that two guys bought all of them, and were reselling them for profit.

That's when I gave up on Sandycove and people on it, and have no intention on playing any similar events in the future, unless I can have some direct benefit from it!
    The same happened on all servers / be it euro, german or whatever else. One lesson should be to give players a better feeling of control aka beside serverwide rewards, better personal rewards as well/ maybe quastbased and scaled to level, like finish x adventures or donate y items or combinations of goals that will help an overall server goal

Also good to have random extra rewards - maybe from the subquests - there are many options to get more people involved and make involvement somewhat more " in control" Events on a server basis are just too hard for people to feel able to control. If i see how much effort has been put in by some and how small a dent this made in percentages- it is no wonder people signed off on impossible goals. Achievable goals at individual level or guildlevel are much more influencable by people and hence will get more commitment

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by milos321 View Post
    I'm lvl 36, have no Vetaran or Crossbows, so I barely finished EOW in 2,5 days. Needles to say that I sold out everything (and I really mean everything) I had, for bread, brew and weapons, and still didn't recover, so finishing adventure one more time was impossible for me.

What surprised me is how people are greedy, and how prices went up on everything, like it wasn't in everybody's interest to help those who want to play EOW... Not to mention that I had 5 or 6 more EOW adventures, which I sold for next to nothing, thinking that it's better to give it to someone who can actually finish it, and later I noticed in trading history, that two guys bought all of them, and were reselling them for profit.

That's when I gave up on Sandycove and people on it, and have no intention on playing any similar events in the future, unless I can have some direct benefit from it!
    if you would have gone into global -4 you would have had all the help you needed. Yes we had profiteers, but we had a lot more helpfull players.

World
    Sandycove
    So, Maintenance supposedly is done and the End of the World event has ended. I logged in afterwards, and about an hour later my explorers come back from their searches. 3 explorers, 3 EotW adventures found...... Eh, thanks, so generous of you, too kind, you shouldn't have really. No really, you shouldn't have..... Ah well, adventure anyone?

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by JannekeB View Post
    So, Maintenance supposedly is done and the End of the World event has ended. ....3 explorers, 3 EotW adventures found......

Eh, thanks, so generous of you, too kind, you shouldn't have really. No really, you shouldn't have..... Ah well, adventure anyone?

I wonder if they count to board since explorers start serching 'em before mainatnce ;p (just kidding...)
    At the end.... everything is going to be OK...
    If it's not OK... it's not yet the end...

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    EOTW will now be worth less than Sons of the Veld!

Looked like from last night that 16 servers will have made the 100% mark - Germany 1-11 and Poland 1-5. Everyone else fell short. Stink much? I await BB's announcements about rewards with interest. Let's remember, they sold this to us as a fair event, their exact words were, "The required amount of adventures to be completed depends on the number of active players on each specific realm. This will encourage all game worlds to have the same fighting chance, success will depend on your cooperation instead of how large your server is."

Read that again BB, you said, "all game worlds to have the same fighting chance". We did NOT have the same fighting chance, so now you should make amends for it.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by sdofmsdf View Post
    i think we wouldn't have made it, since the stats are screwed up. our server have played this adventure hundreds, maybe thousands of times. and still not 100%, seems very unlikely as the Germans got 250% and we only stuck at 78%. something fishy going on here with the stats, i'm telling you. and i also agree that the end of this adventure shouldn't be at 05:30 in the morning, but should have last till the end of the day. but whatever, gonna build a farm field now -_-'
    Well of course there is something fishy.....just don't mention the war....ooops

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Well done Lulu, I did the same after the end time got brought forward, had to rush the last three.
    But, I managed to keep it completely fair, 10 completed - 2 per server as promised.
    Hi Nogbad,

Not sure but i got a feeling rumors may have been flooding Sandycove server about me. (thing is if so they are probably true lol)
    as Haggarth and TheFairy know i lasted until around 2:30 am I could have done another but my eyes were burning from staying awake. However no matter how many you did helped each time you should be proud to have tried your best or set out to do as you promsied.

I'm disappointed if they didn't do the maintenance they promised i wonder does that mean any we do today may count?
    if so i can reach my goal i set myself getting from level 41 to level 43 during the event. last night i was around 10k xp short of level 43

Quote Originally Posted by duboisdvoleur View Post
    good on you lulu
    i only managed to do it 5 times and am stuck now with no archers or recs so that is it
    strange we didnt get to %100 after everyone seems to have done it lots?
    how on earth did they manage to get to %200 + amazing

duboisdvoleur the 5 times you did is more than others on Sandycove. Well done and congratulations every little helped towards the %'s like you i am very confused as to how some got their %'s so fast some of the jumps they had throughout the day was very unnatural but all i know is we did our best, we did it right and completed every single adventure to gain our stats.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFairy View Post
    almost 2 hours past the announced shutdown time, and still nothing happening... its a plot by the Mayans
    all i can say fairy is OMG its a conspiricy im tired and my other 1/2 woke me up @ 11:30 am telling me to get out of bed lol
    if only he knew what time i been going off line theis week he would understand why i am soooooo tired lol
    I am so proud of everyone on Sandycove who tried their best and those from g4 who went far and beyond what was asked in there we found new friends, and worked well as a team. i will miss not being able to talk to all you guys all the time. i still think we should camp out in g4 lol.

well done everyone who tried their best and those who faced adversity to complete at least one of the adventures with major losses, also thank you to those who couldn't do the adventure but donated resources everyone who was not trying to profiteer i am proud of you and we have shown some of us can work well as a team.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLurker View Post
    EOTW will now be worth less than Sons of the Veld!

Looked like from last night that 16 servers will have made the 100% mark - Germany 1-11 and Poland 1-5. Everyone else fell short. Stink much? I await BB's announcements about rewards with interest. Let's remember, they sold this to us as a fair event, their exact words were, "The required amount of adventures to be completed depends on the number of active players on each specific realm. This will encourage all game worlds to have the same fighting chance, success will depend on your cooperation instead of how large your server is."

Read that again BB, you said, "all game worlds to have the same fighting chance". We did NOT have the same fighting chance, so now you should make amends for it.
    they promised participation rewards for all- dunno what to make of that but i doubt it even comes close to a reasonable reward based on efforts put in and promised potential rewards

World
    Sandycove
    the game is owned and run by the germans and oddly they are way in the lead so dont bother playing the EOTW it's a wast of time..the whole event is over b4 you start

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    in every place, in every country, for every kind of event, (sport, commercial, or everything else) when you set a closing date, [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 0)"]unless otherwise specified[/COLOR], this date is identified in 24,00. Why not in this case? I don't think this is correct!

Closed Thread