Reply to Thread

Thread: Army uses up population

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Question Army uses up population

Hi all,

I have a general question, how do you keep your army? In terms of which units to build and how many? Obviously, the population is the ultimate limit..

I currently have 1200 and I have reached the licence limit. So the only way I can increase the pop max is to upgrade the residences to lvl 5 (I currently have half of them at lvl 5 and half at lvl 3) but that takes a considerable amount of gold (

To be able to complete advanced adventures I need a ton of recruits. I can prepare for the adventure by maxing out population and having a sufficient stock of swords, brew and bread to train recruits non-stop once I begin an adventure (barracks are LVL 3 at the moment). But the bulk of my population is always taken up by packs of 200 soldiers, longbows and cavalry and that's 600 population. Recently I reached lvl 36 and started training crossbowmen as well. So once I have 200 of them (no veteran general yet), I will need 800 pop just for the advanced units! that means I will only be able to have ~250 recruits before any adventure and all the rest will need to be trained once I lose some and free up population.

Any suggestions on how to overcome this? Or just "increase pop max" and "buy/free additional licences"?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Last edited by rooban; 10.12.12 at 09:56.

World
    Newfoundland
    buy some noble deeds, problem solved.. its best way to bypass that problem.

if u cant afford the gems im sure u can trade for some whit other players (dont know how sandycove works on this market, on newfoundland noble resident deeds go for 500-600coin each)

♥♥♥ Thank You BB_Ravel and Dantesama! ♥♥♥

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    By far the best option is to level up and save Gems from your weekly allowance and buy the "+10 Licences" you can use a few on Noble Residences and the rest on expanding your economy. Sell overstock and collect gold and buy or trade for Noble Residence Licences (really great as they don't take up a licence) that can be easily raised to +50 population and +20 more but for a steeper cost.

Be clever and work the markets and know the value of items to get the best returns for your sales. The "Stealing from the Rich" adventure has a very small chance of giving you a +50 residence "The White Castle" and is a decent adventure for XP and Items too.

Reply to Thread