Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why do people not want us to win ?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Why do people not want us to win ?

Tonight the prices on bows, has been put on a way to high level, only caused by "End Of The World".

I can see the point in selling bows to higher prices, when the need for bows is large. But during this event, we have to succeed as a server, and these prices is a direct cause to our server loosing.

Why cant people see things a longer perspective ?

/TheNoX

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi,
    I'm a player on Sandycove but I don't know on what place we are in End of World competition.
    What server we are? EU; Poland; German?
    Tx

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoroastru View Post
    Hi,
    I'm a player on Sandycove but I don't know on what place we are in End of World competition.
    What server we are? EU; Poland; German?
    Tx
    we are eu server 03 on sandycove so 20th at the moment

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Thank you very much!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    I want us to win, but I believe our chances are less than other servers who have great advantages. The adventure is costly in time and troops compared to it's immediate reward, so I understand why people do not want to do it.

The adventure is designed for servers with generals who can hold 220 troops. (They can therefore kill some camps win a single cheaper general than a vet, as opposed to Sandycove having to use Vets, or send in suicide generals first).
    Other international servers also have cheaper economies, meaning players are more advanced and can do more adventures than Sandycove server.

Not that it isn't possible for Sandycove to win, but the odds are weighted against us on this one. So those in the best position to lead Sandycove to a win are those with lots of gems, and are also the people least interested in winning more gems when there are far better adventures to be doing.

Given these odds stacked against Sandycove, we appear to be doing very well. Just don't be too disappointed in the minimal reward from not winning.

... not that I'm putting a dampner on this, just stating a few things some players already know, and others may not, to clear up some confusion.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Good info EmperorScruffy. didnt know the difference. and it seems to me its realy not fair. But hey, maybe some time Sandycove will have advantage in smthng else...

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    If other servers have a 220 General (that this adventure is geared to) then that is a gross injustice to the rest of us who have entered this event full of enthusiasm and at huge expense in time and resources. This is something that BB knew about and could have acted upon. In my guild we would have had a whip round before the event to make sure everyone had a 220.

Other issues that people are complaining about i.e. TO prices etc are the players fault not BBs. Though they perhaps have the benefit of experience of these events and the reactions negative and positive.

I will suggest to my members that we continue with this event with as much effort as we have always been going to as I know there are plenty on this server doing the same and it is a team event. But I do think BB should give a special reward to all servers who have not got the 220 general. I am disppointed at such a faux pas by BB.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Who and what is a 220 general ?

World
    Northisle
    220 general?would have made a real difference in completion time for adv.The dice are loaded in those servers favour

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by leiard View Post
    Who and what is a 220 general ?
    A general, holding 220 units instead of 200
    The big problem are the 30/30/100 camps on the adventure, with no vet you must do 2 attacks on them or 1 attack with severe losses, with the 220 general you need just one nice and easy attack. Not to mention the increased losses, the recovery time, and if the servers with lower buildings price is true - lower production we have. So the event right now feels like running with your feet tight Yes, we are moving forward, but way slower than we should be...

Reply to Thread