Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Regarding PVP

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Regarding PVP

Just started playing this wonderful game, been a settlers player for about 15 years, so it was about time. However when I started I was sure there was PVP in the game after you leave your island. This however does not seem to be the case. Could someone please tell me, will this be implemented soon, if so what is the latest update regarding this and how will it be done? I am really curious as pvp is easily my favorite aspect of strategy games, specially in the settlers genre. I am sorry to say (and realize) I will most probably become bored of the game if there is no pvp and I hate to see it come to that as I find it really fun for the moment.

Hope to see some info! Best regards, Davoud
    Last edited by Davoud; 11.12.12 at 19:56.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    2013 is the date, It was pushed from fall of 2012 to an unknown date in 2013. look up the DEV diary for more info.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Aha nice, then I shall continue I hope they bring more information soon on how it will be done.

Thanks for the replay

Best regards, Davoud

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Do not know if anyone know this yet, or have information regarding it. But will the strength of ones own island affect once pvp ability? I mean, do you send soldiers and resources out to the pvp world from once own home?

Best regards

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I sure hope it is like this

World
    Northisle
    We have no idea Davoud, only information we have is from those Dev diaries, rest is just pure speculation.
    We assume that pvp will actually be a competition on a separate island to clear as many zones as possible before the other pvp-er does (or something similar to that), but that is again... only a speculation.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Alright, thanks for the answer Polymer.

Be well and prosper!

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    I can see how people would want to raid the other guys island and steal all his resources from the storehouse. Fun as that may be, it isn't so funny when you get invaded on a daily basis. The problem with pvp is that lower level players wil be bullied by higher level players and will leave the game in droves.
    There is a way around this.
    First we raise the number of civilians. This can be done by increasing the workforce in the buildings. 1 settlers for a lvl 1 building, 2 settlers for a lvl 2 building, 4 settlers for a lvl 3 building, 8 settlers for a lvl 4 building and 12 settlers for a lvl 5 building. We can play with the numbers a little.
    This would mean smaller armies for the same max pop limit.
    Then in pvp you wouldn't be able to send in your recruits or bowmen. Only troops from lvl militia up could be sent in a pvp battle.
    But of course the defending island would be able to use it's recruits.
    After invading his island, the armies are pitted against each other and if the invading force wins, you would take control of the island.
    But since the defending army is fighting on its own island, they should get a defense bonus. Perhaps we can make every soldier 10-20% stronger.
    Also, defeated defender has 50% chance of being taken in by civilians and nurtured back to health by the next night.
    To organize the plunder would take a week, so the invading army is stuck on that island for a week (no exit strategy). So the bullies can only be mean once a week, or they would have to have more than one invading army.
    Furthermore, the civilians would resist the occupation and join the remainder of the defending army in the struggle. The first night the civilians attack the occupying army with the strength of recruits. Since they now the terrain, their losses will be halved.
    The second night, they will have become more experienced in half of the survivors will have been promoted. Also, after 24 hours you will get about 100 extra population, so 100 extra recruits for your freedom struggle.
    The third night, half of the survivors will have been promoted again and the rest of the surviving recruits will be supplemented with 100 fresh recruits.
    You can throw in longbowmen but probably no elites or cav.
    You can see how this becomes a strain for the occupying army since they can't pull out (no exit strategy) but can send in reinforcements.
    With these adjustments, I think bb can pull off actual pvp wars, without risking a few bullies driving all the new players out of the game.
    Obviously, this has to be balanced a bit, since we don't want to make pvp wars entirely impossible.
    Any suggestions are welcome.
    Last edited by Wreckless-; 26.12.12 at 17:11.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    I believe the Dev's have stated that player islands will be sacrosanct and all PVP will be on designated and entirely separate islands where you can send armies to fight and hold ground for bonuses of some sort.. prolly resources i guess.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Sacrosant, smacrosant. Where's the fun in that?

Reply to Thread