Reply to Thread

Thread: EotW, trade and ignore.

World
    Newfoundland

Question EotW, trade and ignore.

Do me a favour BB...

Let me ignore players and have them removed from my trade listing forever... I really don't care if they offer up something that I want, the fact is this event has highlighted tons of players that are just out to milk the event and I don't want to trade with them. I'm putting up trades at more than fair prices, I'm giving stuff away to others running the EotW and I'm running EotW as much as I can but people offering, for example, 130B for 1000Hwp or 1000B for 10 presents... I'm just not interested in trading with these people! Ever!

It would take you like 2 seconds to add that, you could even make it optional with the default as off if you really wanted to but I suppose there would need to be some additional options page for that but the fact is if I ignore someone, I want them ignored... That's why I ignored them.

/starsky No, seriously, come on, do it. Do it.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I totally agree, lets get the possibility to play the game without having to get annoyed at the game coz of all the scammers

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    +2

World
    Newfoundland
    I understand what your saying and can agree with it to an extent but I see the ignore options as purely a chat feature.

I would still want to buy from people in trade even if I have added them to my ignore list for acting like a complete ninny in chat. If anything I would want to trade with them even more if I thought the deal was good, so as I could smirk at there stupidity for offering up such a good deal.

Perhaps a simple popup window when ignoring someone with 2 tick boxes in it with okay and cancels buttons would be best. Beside the tick boxes are ‘Chat’ and ‘Trade’. Chat is auto selected, Trade needs to be manually ticked before pressing okay.

While I’m on the subject I would also like to add that I think providing new trade filters as well would be very useful. Something like: Everyone, Friends, Guild. Not just for searching to buy but also when selling too.

So for example if you’re looking to buy and have the friends filter active then when you press the Refresh offers button the trade system runs like normal and finds trades from everyone, the friends filter then gets activated and checks your friends list against the trade list and displays only those names that match.

If you’re looking to sell then when you tick the friend’s only box on a deal a flag is added to the deal. When a non friend then looks to buy stuff the trade system runs like normal and finds trades from everyone. But if a ‘friend’ tag is returned on a deal that player gets the filter activated automatically behind the scenes, it checks there list of friends and matches it against the seller, if they are not on that list it don’t show the deal.

This way would be more secure to help protect from people not on your ignore list yet but would happily use you to make money. You would only be trading with those you have pre-approved going BOTH ways.

To take it one step further we could have a forth option called ‘trade partner’ which is the same setup as friends but lets us put them in a separate group if we want to and keep our friends list used for exactly that purpose, not because we trade a lot with them and have never spoken more then 2 words at a time to each other. Having countless people in your friends list can sometimes prove challenging to remember if you added them because you liked them or added them because you wanted to trade with them. Being able to have the option to not show we’re online to trade partners would also be useful.
    A little less compensation, a little more action please
    All this compensation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more content and a little less bugged
    A little less inconvenient and a little more hugged
    Re-do PvP so its actually PvP and bluebyte satisfy me.
    Satisfy me bluebyte.

Reply to Thread