Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Proof the German servers (and possibly others) HAVE used an exploit in EOTW

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by peck_ed View Post
    If you were BB, what would you do to fix this? I imagine they don't actually have granular enough detail to see who has and hasn't done 100% (if this actually exists of course). So you can't just punish the "cheaters"

Start it again, have everyone who put everything in have their efforts wiped out?
    Give everyone the 200% reward? So those who tried less get it anyway?
    Give everyone 100%? So the servers who managed to break 150% get less?

Be tricky to be in their shoes right now.
    I would just want an answer not interested in the rewards! Being open and honest goes a long way to gain respect, at the moment do we really trust them, people who answer with one line responses usually are hiding something, a simple no that is not the case is in most cases pretty lame.

Stamping your feet to get attention will do us no good, but requesting a proper response may ... hopefully give us some answers.

Saying that I still think the Rankings would not have changed too much

World
    Newfoundland
    http://translate.google.com/translat...ndo%3Fp%3D8332

This was posted just now in the German server, looks like BB are once again saying you need to 100% it to complete it.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Just now is 3 days late and 3 days they been bad boys. but not all have done the bad but those that have have contributed to there percent without it being taken off
    or adjusted. They also agree its unfair for newer servers with lower level players giving the newer servers less chance.
    Reading the rules the ones saying the cheat on german servers should have be banned for speaking oof they way to do it
    but are they i dont think so
    Last edited by Trakist; 18.12.12 at 21:13.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by peck_ed View Post
    http://translate.google.com/translat...ndo%3Fp%3D8332

This was posted just now in the German server, looks like BB are once again saying you need to 100% it to complete it.
    This is the type of reply we wanted from BB_Ros I am more than happy wih that reply thanks, pity it is on the German Forums

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    its latin america...

in germany it is still rankings fair and balanced calculated according to specific criteria. " (BB_Pandur)

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    An interesting observation ..... no response from BlueByte on ANY of these threads about the EotW adventure scoring !!! ... THAT SAYS IT ALL !!! Just "Light the touchpaper and run ....! ". Typical !

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by HogarHorrible View Post
    An interesting observation ..... no response from BlueByte on ANY of these threads about the EotW adventure scoring !!! ... THAT SAYS IT ALL !!! Just "Light the touchpaper and run ....! ". Typical !
    because he replied on a different topic ?
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Dantesama View Post
    Hey guys,

I have gathered of all your feedback, it has been sent to the right people.

I do understand how you guys feel and I have asked for a better explanation.

I'm awaiting more information. I will keep you informed as soon as I know.

Best

BB_Dantesama

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Hey guys,

I did not want to sound like Captain Obvious but I'll throw in my two cents on what's going right now.

It is pretty obvious that some servers (german mainly) had an advantage due to the fact that they have a lot more higher level players (older server).

The lack of precision in numbers and the lack of infomation on the calculation process have been an issue indeed, I think this has caused confusion on your objectives for the adventure, this would also explain the conspiracy theories, the cheat rumours, trust issues...

We will provide more details next time.

So yes, the stat calculation is flawed, It's actually far from being perfect. However, NO, cheats do not exist for this contest.
    I will try and provide more details on the calculation process and how cancelling a quest was DETRIMENTAL to the Contest more than anything else.
    Remember, this is BB's first attempt in organising a little competition between servers. Your feedback is crucial and things will be different next time round.

I actually think this has been a positive event, (beyond the obvious faults) it has brought people together and united them. This has also giving you an idea/hint on how your server might react facing future PVP events.

I will forward any information I have as soon as I have any.

Best

BB_Dantesama
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I would like an answer to the following question: what does 100% actually mean? How is it possible that half of the servers cannot reach even this 100% mark in ten days?

I would like this investigation to provide the following data: breakdown of levels for each server (number of players with each level), number of players and number of active players for each server (per the definition of "active" that you used for this adventure), and in line with this topic shortest duration of completed adventure for each server.

Also, an explanation for "Sandycove/Newfoundland mystery". AFAIK Newfoundland is older than Sandycove, so it should have more high level players. The explanation of "older servers being advantageous" does not apply to this case, so what's the explanation?
    Last edited by Dialecticus; 17.12.12 at 17:09.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Maybe it is just me... but if the calculation is flawed, doesn't that mean,there actual will be loopholes, if you find a way to use them, then you would raise quickly. Well I just find it a little strange, that they manage to do the quickly raise, so far, I only have the idea, that the calculation might include low level players,who can't go on the adventure yet, and if that is true, that is truely a flaw.

Well all rumours start with a reason, and I think it is a bit weird, that some servers just manage to take a leap on almost 20 percent point down to the second, and just keep it that way. I have been making the adventure some times, and not really looking like it making any difference to the server, and even though, I hear people been a lot more active than me, so makes it strange, since our server is that far behind. I also wonder, what those mini quest along the adventure does, since you from time to time, receive something for solving them, and other times, you don't, not make lot of sense to me.

Closed Thread