Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: recycling plant the maths dont add up ?

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

recycling plant the maths dont add up ?

i have just aquired my 1st recycling plant.on lvl 1 it produced according to the economy overview 225 coal per 12 hrs.after upgrading it to lvl 2 (+100% 2 coal instead of 1) it show it now produces 422 coal per 12hs? (only a 87% increase) upgrading it again (+200% 3coal instead of 1) it now does 633 coal per 12hrs (only 181%).....why are the numbers wrong?
    if i had built 3 seperate coking plants each would of give 225 coal in 12hrs making 675 so why is my recycling plant which is equal to 3 lvl 1 coking plant only giving me 633 ? i have noticed this is also the same with the lvl 3 coking plant i have it also gives me 633 instead of 675 which according to my maths is what is should be doing.
    any one got a valid explaination for this difference as it costing me 42 coal every 12hrs for every one of the 6 coking plants i have,which may not seems a lot but if this is happening on every building on every upgrade then i am losing tons of resources surely?

World
    Northisle
    the walking time between your plant and the storage isn't reduced so as you might make 2 in the time you would produce 1. Your walking time doesn't drop so you will never have twice the production... doing maths with your maths

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    3,2 at lvl 1
    1,7 at lvl 2 x 2 = 3,4
    1,13 at lvl 3 = 3,4

The second and third one seem similar productiontimes, first one seems faster- I havent seen production times bug out and you can check em in the building itself which one it is

Most times when production times change it is due to
    1) Building being moved
    2) Storehouse being moved/tore down
    3) comparing 2 buildings that have different workyard/storehouse travel times

The calculation over 12 hours is only an estimate as it seems to use rounded data to calculate results instead of only rounding the end result and thus giving false information

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravekeeper View Post
    the walking time between your plant and the storage isn't reduced so as you might make 2 in the time you would produce 1. Your walking time doesn't drop so you will never have twice the production... doing maths with your maths
    Production times do not change either though- just the output changes (and hence production time per unit)

World
    Northisle
    same conclusion remains... but indeed you are right

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    right,i know the walking time does'nt change but instead of producing 1 coal every 3mins24sec now cause of the upgrade i should be getting 2 every 3min24 so i should be getting 250 at lvl 2 as i got 225 at lvl 1...it also follows that at lvl 3 i should be getting 3 coal every 3min24sec and this is not the case and i wanna know why.if there is a bug in the maths or there a bug in the economy overview as now i look at it if this happens at ever building i have upgraded then i am being short changed on my output.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    I have always had the impression the economy overview was not accurate.

I could look on a resource and it would show in the red, while my stores where going up consistently.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    doing the calculation in reverse based on the new information:

If production time is 3 mins 24

level 1 production over 12 hours = (720 / 3.4) = 212
    level 2 = 2 * 720/3.4 = 424
    level 3 = 3 * 720/3.4 = 635

so the economoy overview was correct to within 1/10 of a % or so.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    so now it seems the maths in economy overview is wrong...lol well at least that has solved the mystery

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    2 things I've noticed about the Economy Overview (EO):
    1. It does not seem based on the next 12hrs production, but on a 12 hour period determined by the server. (Which seems to sometimes include the buildings production at the previous level before upgrading. But I don't know exactly how that works. Bottom line, check again 12 hrs after you upgrade it).
    2. It includes production of buildings currently being upgraded but not 'sleeping'. To get accurate overall figure for resource, sleep the building before you begin upgrade.

There's more things that affect it as well, most noticeably with cutters/foresters. The walk time to deposit changes constantly as they change deposists, so the figure can vary a fair bit each time you check it.

Scruffy

Reply to Thread