Reply to Thread

Thread: Latency Issues and other suggestions.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Latency Issues and other suggestions.

Well, like many I've managed to loose a lot of troops because the game client is showing my something completely different to what the game server is seeing.

Here are a few suggestions on how to help mitigate the waste of players time and effort due to game lag.

1) Show the current game latency at all times in the game client (regardless of being in an adventure or not). If I can see that I have a high latency, I might just not bother doing an adventure till it's better.

2) Show the actual times the server receives the commands during adventures so I can tell if my generals really did leave 1 second after eachother, or if they actually left about 5 seconds later..

3) Auto cancel attacks if a player's latency has exceeded a given threshold, or give an option to manually cancel the action if the times are very off.. i.e. in the command request sent to the server, it should include the timestamp when the command was issued and if the response from the server is > threshold, allow the user to roll back all of their current attacks automatically.

4) Update the position of the generals during attacks so their position is more / always accurate, rather than relying on people refreshing their game client to check the actual positions.

5) Allow user to fast forward battle reports so they don't have to watch every single wave taking ages when you probably just want to see a summary of losses for each round. Maybe have a summary option that just shows this data and optionally watch the blow by blow report if you want to...

6) Do something about the rediculous need to log in every morning and evening to replace fields, farms and mines... It gets really boring after a while guys.... Seems the only thing that keeps going without daily attention is pine/hardwood production chain...

World
    Northisle
    You can buy watermills, endless copper mine, recylcing plants and silos so you don't need to login every time.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Imo, things you buy should enhance the gameplay, not just take away the tedious parts... (v-gen is a good example of a good item)

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibman View Post
    Imo, things you buy should enhance the gameplay, not just take away the tedious parts... (v-gen is a good example of a good item)
    Actually the veteran General is probably the idea that have been most destructive to gameplay in this game.

It halved the losses when doing adventures, and with loot staying the same, that made items like crossbows, steel and damascene swords so cheap to loot that they are not worth producing.

regards Angua

Reply to Thread