Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Maintenance Schedule

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Is it too much to ask for a 12h-24h notice on SCHEDULED maintenance??? If unscheduled a post at least in the main page is a logical thing to do...Where is it???

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    hey i left this morn to do a bit of work at fathers assuming no maintenance too. yet found out hard way when i came back. and yea my buildings all running too

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Icegirl View Post
    GMT+1 is actually British Summer Time, hence the recent timings being given in plain old GMT.

Maintenance tonight and no notice, nothing on the homepage, nothing on the forum. We haven't been told when the Christmas event ends or when the shop shuts. Apparently other servers are kept up-to-date, so why can't we be? This is pretty disgraceful.
    Nothing like a nice bit of confusion to keep the mind active.........

Why does it show the current time as GMT+2 at the bottom of the forum?????

The current UK time FYI is GMT.......

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:18.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt-Mannering View Post
    Why does it show the current time as GMT+2 at the bottom of the forum?????
    Because TSO believes you live in Cairo. You can try changing that by clicking 'Settings' in the upper right corner of this page, then 'General Settings' under 'My Account' but it may not stick, mine won't so now I always know what time it is in Madrid.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    The forum administrator has the power to change the preset time of the forum. Usually it's set to the zone of the administrator which in this case would be GMT+1. Since the clocks changed the admin hasn't altered the forum time which is why it now shows times as GMT+2. It's not possible for the forum to be correct for everyone so I can't see it being changed anytime soon

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    Because TSO believes you live in Cairo. You can try changing that by clicking 'Settings' in the upper right corner of this page, then 'General Settings' under 'My Account' but it may not stick, mine won't so now I always know what time it is in Madrid.
    Hello,

Thanks for the information guys, I have changed the time to "London time".

As quoted above, you can then change the time in your personal settings.

Best

BB_Dantesama
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    It may not be that simple unfortunately, my clock is still (and was when Capt-Mannering's was GMT +2) reading GMT +1. I've just set it again, for at least the 7th time 'cause I'm whimsical like that, to GMT -5. I fully expect to be returned to Brussels/Copenhagen/Madrid time before too very long. *fingers crossed*

Tis a minor inconvenience but an odd one.

Edit:

GMT +1 again, hello Copenhagen I noticed the change a few minutes before Maintenance so I remain puzzled.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 08.01.13 at 00:33.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi,
    Does anyone know if the accumulated presents will disappear after the maintenance?
    Also, with the not started x-mas quests: can I keep them for next year or will they disappear also?
    Many thanks!
    Nimurian.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken_Abbott View Post
    Well done for informing us of the planned outage & its expected duration, it is much appreciated. hopefully we can see this from now on with planned or unplanned stopages on the homepage.

A slight improvement to this would be an in game pop up message or mail message, assuming something like that doesnt overload the servers.

A good start to the new year with communication, hope to see it continue. as last year was a bit haphazzard & inconsistent.
    Xmas is over...Easter awaits our arrival, eggs please
    I did got a popup telling me there would be a maintenance.
    Good job BB!!

Reply to Thread