Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Thanks for Maitenance notice 2/1/2013

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Boi View Post
    That's a bit of an oxymoron to say generally between 6-9 hours and then to say at least 3 hours before the game is up again
    That's because, as usual, your lack of intelligence prohibits your ability to think it out before you speak/write....

I'm sure most others understood it just fine... have another think about it.. take your time.

... So glad i have you on ignore in-game.
    Cheers
    Scruffy

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibber View Post
    What I was trying to say is it's only a game which should be played as an aid to relaxing, not a way of life. If the game stops working, why panic and moan. Do something else for a few hours until it's back again. Having been a programmer, I'm aware of how hard it is to get everything correct so there is never any unexpected outage. Same as your car, the electricity supply and phone/internet.
    On the one hand, you'd be correct in saying games are to be enjoyed, and not stressed over.

However, as a Programmer, you probably understand a person or company who invests money in product/application/game has an expectation the software/application/game works to all reasonable/advertised expectations. Would you as a programmer condone charging people a comparatively high amount of money for a piece of Beta software? And with all the experimental/communication failures this game has?

They can say this is a Beta game, but that is irrelevant. When you start taking money from players, and encouraging players to pay more money with promotions and advertising, it by definition, becomes a 'retail' product. If it's paid for, it's retail. And with retail comes fair expectations.

Players are rightly unhappy with the product they are PAYING for.

I'd be happy to play this game as an non-paying Beta, if they removed the advantage to everyone else who payed. It would very much change the whole economics of the game.

Cheers
    Scruffy

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    put an auto-sleep feauture to buildings if are left unbuffed. All complains will end.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    stop with the beta arguments- it is old stale and not true

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm still waiting for the Nephews 24 hour ban to be lifted and him to be compensated or for every other person in the forum who has done exactly the same as him to receive an equal 24 hour ban for doing exactly the same thing. Come on MODs prove everyone is the same whether their face fits or not, and regardless of whether they are in the same guild as you or not

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Deorum View Post
    put an auto-sleep feauture to buildings if are left unbuffed. All complains will end.
    That's actually a great idea. They'll probarly charge a gem every time it sleeps a building tho.
    But that means more money for them, and they're more likely to put it in...

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Hello guys,

I understand the frustration, we will make sure this won't happen again.

Thread closed.

Bb_Dantesama

I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

Closed Thread