Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: [Contest] New year Resolutions

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    One settler says to another "I heard if an explorer goes on a long journey he might find some gems for master to buy us more goods in the shop." "don't be daft man" came the reply "I AM the explorer and I haven't found any yet, and I've been looking for years.... But perhaps if I try again this new year I might find something new like that."

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    dear diary,
    I think the Mayan's may have been kind of right in their ideas that the end of the world is approaching, I have been out in my boat today and found there are no fish left. I see the almighty one hovering above us more and more since the end of the world was meant to happen but She seems to have less and less power as she cannot even replenish my fish anymore. I hope we can set sail in a Bigger boat soon and see if we can find a new land to start again. if I know the almighty she would be able to build us an economy that flourishes and thrives now, thanks to her vast experience and help from other gods with where we should place buildings and things like worrying about if I will ever fish again will be a thing of the past, rather than just the start of the end of the world. This new year brings new prayers from all the settlers for new lands fresh and green. But between you and me diary I heard a General saying to a Soldier last night that the next adv they go on the army must be ready to work with farmers and the like to use resources found on the island they visit in order to boost what we have in storage. If we can just use these resources temporarily whist they are on adventures on foreign islands to keep the strength of the army up the almighty one may be able to keep our homes alive after all and not let them fall into disrepair like so many mines and quarry keep doing. thats all for now diary, 05.01.2013

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    My settlers are thinking "Where is my master" as I've not been able to get on for 10 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dear diary,
    I spent the hole day on the streets talking to all the settlers around about their life on the island. And it seems they're really happy. Most of them the children, because they don't have to go to school as there is none. Also the women are happy as their husbands are working 24h and don't disturb them doing some shopping ore meeting for a cup of tea. Even the men are happy as there is always plenty of brew in the storage and they often get a gift basket from their aunt.
    There is only one problem that I get a headache of. The streets, or more the parts where the streets are not how they should be. There some parts where even our best streetworkers failed to build up a street and some other parts where bushes or even trees grow out of them. Now the women complain about dirty shoes and the sand their husbands bring in their cleaned house. People are walking into trees because they don't watched their steps good enough. And most of all the childern are sad, because they can't do their soapbox races. Of course this problem is not the end of the world, but as the world for my settlers is only a little island it's a really big problem for them.
    As I want to see my settlers living happily ever after, I really want to find a solution for this street problem in this year...
    To smile is to survive.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    the master is always busy on trade office and doesn't spend anytime with us little folk. I wish upon this star tonight that our master may find the light, let her have another window to work with us and trade aswell,if I wish hard and I wish good, perhaps this dream will be undrestood

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    This would be my entry since my pc is older then the reaper itself or close to it
    lol another 3 mins travelling,... 5 minutes delay before it started moving i guess. and him with nothing but skull and bones i can't even say something about the reapers weight.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    My husband should eat less sausages and start go jogging instead of searching for stupid trinkets and fancy goods.
    'Explorer's wife'

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    my settlers told me their new years resolution was to run a little bit faster to the storagehouse. i had to promise they'll never need to be recruits in my army tho..i wonder why^^

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    This year my dear settlers we are going to find new land, so that you don't have to live this tight. We're gonna have hanging gardens for all our farms and firlds, while our workshops will have to go underground. This will take alot of work, and we are going to have o kill numerous of foes, but I promise you, your blood and sweat is what makes this land so great! Ok, all exept you there John, your just the village bum. I think we are going to have to make you a recruit in the army so you can be of some use.

Now, lets all work hard to get this huge promise of mine completed before next christmas, and you will all get a nice present if your still alive by then, it's a promise!

Sheila, bring me some more of those baskets, giving orders is hard work!

World
    Newfoundland
    Last year I made some resolutions for the new year, but they were hard to keep.
    This year I made only one new years resolution: I never make new years resolutions again.
    I wonder if I can keep this one.

Closed Thread