Reply to Thread

Thread: Adventures with random camps

Nifty
    World
    Northisle

Adventures with random camps

In all its shortness: how about getting adventures where enemy camps are in random locations and contain random numbers of troops.

Benefits:
    - even if the map doesn't change, the best way to finish the map is different every time - you won't get bored so quickly
    - you need to use your own brain instead of following a guide - you won't get bored so quickly
    - the troops you'll need isn't clear until you start the adventure - extra preparation challenge

Downsides:
    - you need to use your own brain instead of following a guide - some people prefer guided tours, but there's plenty of regular adventures for them
    - bit more work from developers since the randomness needs to be controlled (i.e. leader still has to be behind other camps, numbers of troops can't be impossible or ridiculously low, etc.). And just to be clear: the number of troops really must be random, not one out of preset 10 types of camps, because then you'd just end up with guides telling you the optimal numbers for all those 10 camp types, ruining the whole point. But once you get the randomization code done, creating new adventures is actually less work than ever before.

Since you'd be on your own figuring out how to survive these adventures, they would be much harder than regular adventures. Players should be rewarded accordingly. One day you get lucky and your adventure is easier, another day you're less lucky and it may be too hard to even complete. Not much different to daily quests in that sense.

Credits to Solocos for coming up with the original idea.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Would be a great improvement.

World
    Newfoundland
    This randomness idea remind me of Diablo, you never knew where to go.
    Just as a minus, try to do random camp adventure when you are lvl 16 or so.
    Higher level players may not have that problem but it will take ages to calculate (using combat simulator) every camp and send the proper amount of troops and IMO it won't change a thing. You can always start adventure, sat down with pen and paper and write down every camp for few hours , then following that you build your troops and finish it within and hour or two. That would mean more players would leave the game as they won't have that much time to play with combat sim. Some players play 10minutes a day some 2hours and some even whole day. We all got our real life duties and I'll never sacrifice that for game.

Regards

K0sh1

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Adventures with different versions for difficulty depending on level would be better, but as K0sh1 said random camps would not work as people would just give up.
    I do adventures based on resources needed, and that is what needs changing more. Too many weapons are given as loot, making higher level weaponsmiths a waste to build and run. If they changed it so that they all gave different resources and few or no weapons people would do more varied adventures, and even consider joining more lootspots.
    A bigger home island with more camps to beat, more resources and buildings would help with attracting more players or getting some to return.
    Hopefully with the level cap increase there will be even more to do.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    i love the idea those who don't like it will stick to the normal adventures and lets face it no one really plays Sotv daily or traitors ppl say they cost to much so dont play them i see no differnce in rendom adventures play them if you want dont if you dont want lol ^^ again i love the idea top marks

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Put forward a similar idea back in August.

Thought it was a good idea then, still think it's a a good idea now. Still waiting.

Reply to Thread