Closed Thread

Thread: Test server

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove

Test server

Hi,
    I collected a couple of questions for you, regarding the upcoming stress test.

Do I have to register on the test server?
    Or is it possible to use my account data from the normal game server?

The live game worlds and the testserver are separated.
    Hence, you need to create a new account on the test server, in case you didn't do it already.

What do I have to do during the test?
    Why can't I complete the tutorial?

You just have to be active somehow. Create new buildings or recruit new troops, e.g.
    You won't be able to finish the tutorial, because you start with a prepared island. All sectors have already been revealed.
    Hence, just ignore the tutorial tasks and be active in a different way.

When I try to register, a message shows up that the e-mail address is already in use.
    What shall I do now?

The test sever uses -besides Facebook-Login- Uplay, the global gaming account system from Ubisoft.
    If you already have an Uplay account that was created with your particular e-mail address, your mail address is blocked for new account registrations (see picture).
    But if you already have an Uplay account, you can login immediately!
    In case you can't remember your password, just order a new one from Uplay.

Error message regarding E-Mail - "Forgotten password" function @Uplay

How do I verify my e-mail address on the test server?

First of all: Have a look into "MY PROFILE" if your e-mail address has already been verified.
    If that's not the case, you can easily do this now: Just order a new verfication link by clicking here (see picture).
    You will receive an e-mail that contains a verfication link. Click this link to verify your e-mail address.
    Check your SPAM filter if you didn't receive the e-mail within the next 10 minutes!

Order verfication mail - verfication link clicked - Status of a verified e-mail address

Why do I have to accept the "Newsletter" in order to get a voucher code?

First of all, you have to participate in one time span of the stress test...
    The activation of the newsletter option is crucial, because this way you agree to receive mails (besides actively requested mails like you when you register).
    After the stress test we will send e-mails that contain the voucher codes. You can deactivate the "newsletter" option afterwards, again.
    But there is nothing like a newsletter for the test server anyway...it's just necessary for the voucher code mail.

All users who didn't verify their e-mail address or who didn't activate the "newsletter" option when want to send the code,
    won't get an e-mail! Please check it in advance!

Please check your spam filter options as well. Otherwise your voucher code might be deleted accidentially!

Activated "newsletter" option

Will there be a compensation if I loose my code, e.g. spam filter?

Nope. We're sorry, but the e-mails that contain the voucher codes will only be sent once.
    Thus, it is important that you check your settings in advance (at least before Wednesday), especially your spam filter settings!

Can I use the voucher codes/items on my regular game account?

Yes.
    You'll receive a code via e-mail (approx. on Friday) after you participated in the event. This code can be redeemed in you regular game account (profile).
    Keep in mind that the e-mail address you use on the testserver must be verified and the "newsletter" option must be activated.
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Facebook - proxymail

Dear Settlers,

we want to stress again, that you will receive an e-mail with a voucher code (it includes the gifts for participating in the special tests).
    There is something, players using Facebook should check in advance:
    You won’t receive e-mail messages if you chose the anonymous proxymail option for the test server!

Hence, if you are registered on http://tsotesting.com website with Facebook, please check if you are using proxymail setting or not.

Here is a short tutorial how to do that:

1. Login on Facebook website.
    2. Go to here: Home -> Account Settings -> Apps (menu on left) -> The Settlers Online -> Edit
    3. Check the e-mail address that's being used (e-mail address shown below means that you are using proxymail setting).

If you are using proxymail setting (Facebook), there are two solutions (how to make sure, that you will receive a voucher code with respective rewards):
    1. Disconnect current http://tsotesting.com account from Facebook and create additional one, also with Facebook, but during the registration process choose normal address e-mail, not the proxymail one.
    2. Create UPLAY account and use it for testing purposes.

We advise to use the second solution.

How can I disconnect The Settlers Online account from Facebook service?

Login on Facebook website and go to here: Home -> Account Settings -> Apps (menu on left).
    On the right, next to "Edit" option, you will find a button that will remove The Settlers Online account from your Facebook profile.

Happy testing,
    The Settlers Online Team!
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

Closed Thread