Thread: Reevaluate Endless Copper Mine Cost

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Nice one, Emperor!

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I see. Yes, looking at it this way, it seems right. That answered the whole issue. Thank you. Now I feel content, and have no further objections.

World
    Newfoundland
    I feel this is all part of a larger problem. The game should make us want to play it and log in more, not so we get the same benefit of those that pay, but to have FUN! The whole game could do with a redesign. Taking away the need to constantly put down, mines, wheat fields, wells and do buffs…all the boring time sinks, and introduce FUN things to actually do with our time and make us think ‘I’m going to log on and PLAY settlers for a while’ not ‘I HAVE to log in to settlers to put down some copper mines’. What we have right now is not a game! It’s just endless repetitive actions doing the same thing day in day out for no real goal, reason or objective. All I’m holding on for is PVP, if it doesn’t change things I have no reason to come back and play, certainly not to just keep putting down copper mines all the time. If I spend gems so I don’t have to then there is even less reason to log in at all making spending the gems a waste of money as I’m not really playing the game at that point.
    Last edited by Dopey; 15.01.13 at 20:43.
    A little less compensation, a little more action please
    All this compensation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more content and a little less bugged
    A little less inconvenient and a little more hugged
    Re-do PvP so its actually PvP and bluebyte satisfy me.
    Satisfy me bluebyte.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    easy solution;
    upon happy hour, spend 1 time €100,-. this will allow you to buy 2 x gem pits. after 3 months, you will have another 20k gems, buy the 3rd gem pit etc etc untill you have 5 gem pits. with those gems, you can buy the 3 endless copper mines, and still have 40k+ gems to spare, free to buy stuff.
    but you have to consider, that this is a strategy for a long term commitment. it will take up to 9 months, before you can place your copper mines. so, to sum up, for €100,- you can buy 3 x endless copper mines and have 40k gems, ready to spend on whatever you want. a 1 time investment, the only thing you need to do is wait.

World
    Northisle
    @AngelRane: Dont feel bad, you are very right the the cost of endless copper mine is ridiculously high.

The endless copper mine is not competition for the old copper mines. As you point out, economically it cannot compete at all. That is not what it is about.

This game have 2 groups of very different players.

1) The players who played the original Settlers game. Very often they are into the production balancing, and find a major reward in setting up a beautiful and finely tuned production line. Even to the point of being a bit annoyed with the fighting part, when marauders came and messed up their production.
    They are usually at least 40 years old and have a steady income, enough that they can afford such investment. And they are not online daily, because they real life may not allow that for them the game should continue smoothly from where they left it maybe several days ago. The endless copper mine makes that possible, so for them it is a reasonable investment, and the cost or 20.000 gems is not un-affordable.

2) Then there is the new players. mostly younger. And not nearly as settled. They dont really know if they want to play next month or if something more fun will come along. And they are usually way more interested in the fighting part than the economy part of the game. For them it would be downright stupid to buy an endless copper mine. But of course if some of them are stupid enough to buy one anyway, then that is fine with BB

regards Angua_W

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Well... I can't get rid of the feeling I have from the very first moment I started TSO - that the motivation behind making this game is not "we want to make great games because we love to do so" but "we want to make money in the first place, good game in the second".
    Don't know if it so, I just myself happen to have that feeling.
    It is dissapointing to see how much the game wants me to pay to recieve the full package. Building licenses are the most notable thing, without buying them it feels more like playing a demo.
    Last edited by AngelRane; 16.01.13 at 22:28.

Reply to Thread