Reply to Thread

Thread: How much would you pay for gold bars and why?

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland

Question How much would you pay for gold bars and why?

Ask yourself how much would you pay in game for 1000 gold bars, remember your answer and then read down.

I know the trade market changes all the time and prices change etc, this post is not for all price and stuff it is solely looking at one thing and that is gold bars.

The trade sheet that most people know about on newfoundland says 1000 gold bars is worth 500gc to 800gc. (this is not a mistake they valued them at this, as I did ask)

Also people in game offer for this price and I am sure people pay this price.

How does this value come about and why would you pay that price?

Gold bars are only good for one thing and that is to put into a coinage and get out gold coins. Unbuffed a coinage will give a 4 to 1 return (4 gold bars equals 1 gold coin)

So unbuffed a 1000 gold coins equals 250 gold coins. If you double buff it at say a cost of 5gc per basket running on 3 coinage that is 15gc cost and you make 500gc so after cost 485gc. Now if we triple buff it the most you can possibly make is 750gc, if we value a triple buff at a low low price of 60gc and running on 3 coinage that is 180gc so after cost you get 570gc.

So to recap from 1000 gold bars

unbuffed = 250gc
    double buffed (after cost of buff) = 485gc
    triple buffed (after cost of buff) = 570gc

So where do these prices come from????

Use your common sense people. All constructive feedback welcome please be kind

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Triple buff calc way off..

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    The cost of the triple buff? Yes they are probably a lot more. Actual return that is spot on as I have been running cookies on my coinage and can see return.

My coinages are lvl 3, which is 12 gold bars for 3 coins, with triple buff it is 12 gold bars for 9 coins. Do the maths equals 1000 gold bars is 750 gold coins
    Last edited by PChamps; 10.01.13 at 18:09.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    The prices on the market is, overall, messed up. Use it to your advantage or lose it.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Triplebuff

how i can to triplebuff?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mclou View Post
    how i can to triplebuff?
    You can get fruit baskets and other items that will give much greater buffs than the standard you can get from your provision house, either check the gem store or in the trade office under buffs
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Tnx mate

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    so basiclaly you should pay no more than around 400 for 1k bars, if you pay more u take on risks (unscheduled maintenance, rl preventing you from logging in etc prevening you from running fully buffed the whole time etc ) which you will not make back on profits from the buy. If the buy doesnt yield enough profit, then it is pointless doing it anyway as it takes a few days and buffing to get the stuff converted to coins.

So you will have to decide what profit will make it worth your while to do this- a few coins usually doesnt cut it

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes, I assume you are talking about the Exotic Fruit Basket 12hr x3 buff. x1.5 duration when buffed by a friend.

On a lvl5 Coinage, an Exotic Fruit Basket (EFB) will turn 881 Gold Bars (GB) into 661 Gold Coins (g) over it's duration of 18hrs. With another partial EFB, 1000 GB becomes 750g.

So as you say, less the cost of an EFB, which in Sandycove, is more reasonably valued at 75g (which is what i've payed for them for a long time), this would make end value being 666g from 1000 GB. [To simplify the equation, you could say Gold Bars give you 2/3rds their amount in gold coins].

So naturally you'd wonder why someone might pay 800g for them.

However, most players have no idea of the value of things, which is why I make so much gold in trade. I don't set out to rip anyone off, and if asked the value of things, I'll give a fair/honest answer. But otherwise I'm happy to take the money of others who can't be bothered learning the value of things.

PS. There's also the odd Zombie buff laying around, which is a x4 buff. Just FYI.

Cheers
    Scruffy

World
    Newfoundland
    The price sheet mentioned here is just a reflection of current prices on TO and trade channel, not a sheet of normal, usual, good or whatever you would like to call them, prices. The high price of gold bars on the sheet was probably result of not enough offers on TO to take a good sample from and inexperience of the updater.
    Last edited by nikovchi; 22.01.13 at 14:46.

Reply to Thread