Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Invisible Storehouses

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Invisible Storehouses

After updating my video drivers (hoped to fix frequent server dropout problem - but didn't) my storehouses (and maybe others I'm not sure) are invisible. When I mouse over their location they are there ok - just can't see them......

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Probably just a cache problem. Trying clearing it and see if it helps.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    or try different browser, they all use flash differently.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    and maybe try reinstalling directx
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Think it was a cache problem. All good now anyway. Tx for the replies guys.

World
    Newfoundland

Question

I realise this is a really old thread but this is exactly the issue I'm having.
    Surely someone else is having this?

I've tried Firefox and Chrome on Windows and Firefox on 3 different linux computers but the same happens on all of them. I even tried creating a new profile to make sure it wasn't a cache issue.
    When I clear the cache (Ctrl-F5 or new profile) I see the storehouses until I scroll to a different part of the map. When I click and drag the map as soon as the storehouse goes out of view it disapears.
    invisible_storehouse.jpg

Any ideas?

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    If you have the resources, try upgrading it... lvl 2 is a different image so maybe more visible.

Which browser are you using anyway? Ctrl-F5 would only hard refresh in Gecko browsers (Moz/Firefox/IceDragon etc) and might not affect the flash cache.

Try Ctrl-Shift-Del in Chromium browser (Chrome/Opera/Dragon etc) and clear Hosted App Data along with cache. Also try right clicking inside Flash and tweaking the settings to use zero local storage (3rd tab, looks like a folder). Do a quicky refresh and see if that helps.

Searching 'Linux Flash render problems' does not seem to yield much that is recent... most responses just seem to steer down the 'make sure you have the most recent flash distro' route
    Last edited by Tripi; 16.07.14 at 11:28.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Increasing the amount of local storage (cache) that flash is allowed to use should prevent buildings from disappearing.

http://prntscr.com/437qeh

Last edited by MOD_Daz; 16.07.14 at 12:26.

World
    Newfoundland

Thumbs down Still no luck

Thanks for the suggestions guys but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.
    @Tripi I have a mixture of different level storehouses (1.2 &3) and they all disappear.
    I also tried changing the flash cache settings to not allow storage, it kept popping up a request to store stuff and I clicked deny. Didn't make any difference, the storehouse still vanish when I drag the map to the right.
    @MOD_Daz I tried increasing the storage to unlimited and in the global settings deleting the current files, but that made no difference either.

I have the latest flash for linux, and pretty sure latest chrome version in windows.

As I said before I tried a fresh firefox profile so that would have had no stored cache/settings.

This is just really bizarre. It's not really a big deal, just a bit annoying. I'm surprised that noone else seems to be experiencing it.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle

normal stores dissappear

something seems wrong with one of my sections, I can roam all over my island, and everything is fine, yet as soon as I expose section 3, where I have my watermills, all the normal store houses on my island go invisible, and I cannot even place another anywhere to build one while they are invisible, could there be a bug in one of my watermills or island, causing this ? could BB check these ?

obviously with so many different players having same problems, on different computers, it could not possibly a coincidence that all have the same problem at the same time on different equipment.

OK, just bought brand new comp, everything is up to date (updates) first place I went to on computer was TSO my island, (so I had absolutely nothing else in cache) and still the regular stores STILL disappear when moving the island towards the right.
    Last edited by fisho1; 24.08.14 at 07:53.

Reply to Thread