Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Loot slots

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

Loot slots

some of the adventure threads mention earning loot slots, I have just tried the one for DP in the Killste Adventure link thread & it didn't work. Whats the story?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    what do you mean tried loot slot?
    you sell or giveaway 2nd player slot and they get a share of the loot.
    simples.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Each adventure has a certain amount of loot slots. What you receive as reward from each loot slot is based on percentage chances. Most adventure guides will show you the possible reward from each slot and the percentage chance of receiving the corresponding item or resource

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Trying to give an answer to this question that can be easily understood:

You know you get a mail containing lots of resources when you complete an adventure? Yes? That's the LOOT

And you know that some adventures, like DP, can have more than one player? Yes? Well, those are player SLOTS where the person who started the adventure can invite his friends and guildmates along

What you might not know is that each player in an adventure gets their own set of loot PROVIDED THAT they killed at least one enemy troop during the adventure. So, the extra SLOTS in the adventure can be used by people who just wanted to come along, make one kill, and get their LOOT reward. Hence the name LOOT SLOT. They are often traded on global-3.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    On Sandycove at least the space for a second or third player is called a 'spot' and the 'slot' refers to the layout of the Mail containing the loot. So, we sell Lootspots and check our mail to see what came in each slot. Confused yet?

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    thanks for the responses so far
    I understand what you mean by a spot for a second player & the email of the rewards etc

in the game guides on Killste thread there are specific instructions to do battles against particular camps in a particular manner for lootspots or bonuses.
    For example in SFTR it says, get player 2 to attack the leader camp of bottom left sector with 1R & then Player 1 attack as normal...the reward being the last leader camp should have the same forces as this camp.
    Example in DP says there are 2 extra loot slots by getting player 2 to attack the dark castle with 1cav before player 1 attacks as normal & to attack the leader just to the left of the Dark Castle by player 2 with 31R & then by Player 1 with cavalry.
    Perhaps in my testing of it on DP yesterday I should have checked if it allowed 2 more players to join instead of adding 2 lootslots to the rewards.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    You've got yourself so mixed up I don't know where to begin

Just start by assuming that everything you just said is wrong and then try to work out what makes sense based on re-reading the guides and the comments above...

G

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Extract from SFTR: what is the point of wasting 1R & injuring 1 general?

Garrison Position G6 (LOOTSPOT)

Invite your friend (lootspot buyer) now.
    He should bring 1R, with which he can attack camp 3 first.

Lootspot buyer's kill:

Camp 3) 65 Recruit Deserters, 85 Bowman Deserters
    ANY general: [1R (1R)]

Before attacking the last leader camp, make sure your friend has made one kill.
    Your own last attack has the same setup regardless of whether your friend klled one recruit or not:

Camp 3) 64 Recruit Deserters, 85 Bowman Deserters
    ANY general: [27R 170C 3LB (19R - 23R - 27R)]
    ANY general: [26R 1S 173C (19R - 23R - 26R)]
    VETERAN general: [19R 1S 230C (14R - 17R - 19R)]

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I think I see where the confusion crept in.

If this from Dark Priests:

Quote Originally Posted by Tage:
    A lootspot buyer can be invited now and asked to sacrify the 31R needed in attack 13a.
    This is recommended if you swap two of these lootspots with a friend,
    and especially if you have only 2 generals and need them both for the attack on camp 15.

A lootspot buyer can also bring 1C to be sent either onto camp 14 (from G2) or onto camp 15.
    read:

"A lootspot buyer can be invited now and asked to sacrify the 31R needed in attack 13a.
    This is recommended if you and a friend each do a DP and swap the lootspot,
    and especially if you have only 2 generals and need them both for the attack on camp 15.
    OR
    A lootspot buyer can bring 1C to be sent either onto camp 14 (from G2) or onto camp 15."

it might be clearer.

In Stealing From the Rich it doesn't say:

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken_Abbot:
    the reward being the last leader camp should have the same forces as this camp.
    it says nothing changes in your troop setup whether the are 64 Recruit Deserters or 65. In that guide this is the last camp and the last chance for a lootspot player to make a kill so it's wise to be certain they have.

While any kill, even picking up one Caltrop (though using Traps as lootspots is often more trouble than it's worth and not recommended,) will count for the lootspot on a successfully completed Adventure there are no hidden paths to bonus loot slots in Mail or extra lootspots.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 14.01.13 at 06:07.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    the only rationale I can make is that an invitee must do some form of fighting to qualify for the rewards & that just turning up doesnt reward, & that the purpose of this is for the owner of the adv to fight the whole thing themselves & take all the XP.

thank you for your patience Iolanthe. I normally go halves with my comrade in arms on both the fighting & the rewards. It makes no sense to be greedy for XP, as the troops you save in sharing the adventure will fight a different adventure increase the loss/rewards ratio & get XP wherever they fight albeit at different ratios on different advs.

Reply to Thread