Reply to Thread

Thread: replacing empty resources

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle

replacing empty resources

Ok, much as i like playing this game, it's becoming a bit of a chore to replace every feild/mine and well so my idea is this....

Once i am logged in i have a tab available that when i click it, it shows me how many mines, feilds and wells have been depleted since my last log in and tells me how many of each resource i have available, for example - 2 iron 1 gold and 3 copper and no coal, it then gives me an option to replace 2 iron 1 gold 3 copper and 0 coal automatically without having to keep placing each build individually. it shows only the resources the geologists have found, so i still have to send them out before i can build. it will show available well and field spaces , these will be just the exhausted ones so if i have 10 wells and 5 have run out, then it will show 5 available.

The build time for each item could stay the same and the geologists time for searching could remain the same as well.

The problem is having only 3 spaces on the build queue is a pain in the butt, i don't wish to buy any extra slots but likewise it such a chore having to wait for a space so i can place 1 building, some days i don't have time to sit here and wait for each mine to be built so i can add another to the queue and when i have 10 or 12 mines to replace plus a dozen fields and maybe 10 wells, that's like 30 builds i need to do almost daily.

The build queue seriously needs replacing with something more efficient and this could be a good way of doing it, i log in, set what needs to be done with the autobuild function and then i can feel secure that my settlers will carry on with out having to spend all day logged in, sitting around waiting for each individual build.

discuss.....

World
    Newfoundland
    I believe the guys are actively working on this sort of thing, from the dev diary at the end of November they posted the screenshot below

If you want to read more about what they're up to here is the link

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...ary-20-11-2012

In terms of the 4th building slot, they need to make money from us to support running the servers, paying the devs and other general running costs, so if they gave everything that people needed for free, they'd be no game!

You can also get packed wheatfield deeds which give a 3000 deposit wheatfield for 95 gems, should help not having to replace them so often.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    they have to make money

putting gem items in to relieve tedium is one of em- call it an incentive to pay :P

World
    Northisle
    Yeah lets take all the effort out of the game and end up doing nothin'
    Settling isn't just for fun

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Right i agree that the 3 slots need improving but how about something like they did with trade so you spend GC or gems for another temporary slot getting more expensive each slot taken now that satisfies both the Devs&BB and also the players who have the option to spend an extortionate amount on extrra slots or stick to the 3 they been given and thus keeping both sides happy, THIS HAS TO BE THE BEST SOLUTION.

World
    Newfoundland
    Wivadee, that system already exists
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Reply to Thread