Thread: Buff Lists

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Nice idea so when can we play??

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Great idea and well thought through. +1 From me. Would also help to pick up the pace of the game which at times can be painfully slow.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    +1

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    +1 I would start to do buffs again this way!

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Great idea. Too bad that most llikely this will not see the light of day...

World
    Northisle
    +1 good idea

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    +1

Pure genius. The best thought-out solution to mass buffing I have come across. The customizable list fits every buffing scenario I can quickly think of facing in the live game. Max size of list to equal max size of buff stack, and if the list is shorter the remainder is left in the Star menu. You should be able to chain them though, in the picture that illustrates the functionality it shows greyed out stacks if they are smaller than the list. If I have stacks of 10, 10 and 8, I should be able to drop all 3 into a friend's 25 list. Then the remaining 3 will once again be left in my star menu.

I also like that the benefits were considered from BB's aspect as well. Less server stress and a well-desired function for available for gems (=income). BB will be a bunch of fools to ignore this.

Did I say +1 already?

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    If they do then I hope it's not compulsory. I prefer to just tell my buffing partner what I need rather than have to worry about whether Iv'e updated a list in game.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Fero View Post
    You should be able to chain them though, in the picture that illustrates the functionality it shows greyed out stacks if they are smaller than the list. If I have stacks of 10, 10 and 8, I should be able to drop all 3 into a friend's 25 list. Then the remaining 3 will once again be left in my star menu.
    I'm hoping that if BB take this concept on board, they will also consider things like that and tweak the idea into a fully usable feature.

Quote Originally Posted by King-Fero View Post
    I also like that the benefits were considered from BB's aspect as well. Less server stress and a well-desired function for available for gems (=income). BB will be a bunch of fools to ignore this.
    It sure would have helped with that crisis quest, cut down on the lag from many players doing hundreds of friend buffs and might have even helped the quests count every buff rather than lag out and miss some.

Quote Originally Posted by Cully View Post
    If they do then I hope it's not compulsory.
    I did not propose this interface to fully replace current buffing protocols, just to add an effective grouping and management facility. It would still be possible to buff buildings individually and even to buff one of the buildings in a defined set (hence the toolmaker in the image shows a current *2 buff and the required buffs total 22 when there are 23 buildings selected).
    It should also 'maybe' be possible to click through the selected buildings individually from a list, so you could say 'can you just buff all the fishermen from buff list 1 pls' and a friend could then use the interface to find them.

World
    Northisle
    +1
    very nice work

Reply to Thread