Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: [Feedback] New Version + Fixes and Performance 24/01/2013

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    jeez.....

players who get to lvl50 can always take a break and come back to it.....there is a real world out there...

give bb some credit...its only been 1 year and things are on the right track...when the new trade office came online - it was all moan,moan moan....now not a peep...
    Last edited by dahmmy; 25.01.13 at 22:09.

World
    Newfoundland
    It’s not about taking a break and coming back to it. It’s about knowing BB are going to be doing something with the game other just making grand announcements things are coming but with no real idea when or in what form.

It’s about trust, it’s about playability. It’s about knowing the game is going to end up being something we want to come back to if we were to take a break. I would guess some players don’t want to take that break as they fear they won’t come back and the last year they have played the game for will have been for nothing. Instead they are begging (whining as some others will call it) for BB to show some positive initiative and show signs things are going in the right direction. There are some things from an online game that you expect. One of them is to be able to do things all the time, fun and useful things. Someone posted above about MMO’s and how it can take a while for the level cap to be raised. I can understand what you’re saying but I think you forget that during the time the level cap is raised new content is introduced often to give players something to always be doing during that time. There have been some improvements to the game but nothing truly fundamental to keeping us entertained, active and engaged in a positive, fun way. Once you get to 50 in this game there is next to nothing to have you continue playing. For me it happened before 50, I stopped at lvl 44. I just see myself going nowhere slowly and got really bored of doing the same adventures on my own day in day out.

It would be like in WoW if after getting to level 15 and doing the westfall area the game just stopped. You could run around Stormwind, crafting and trading, you could go and kill stuff, run through stockade and deadmine dudgeons but all you would be doing at that point is getting the same loot over and over again, amassing a large pile of gold and nothing to spend it on. In just about every other MMO there is content to continue doing, like raids or heroic dungeons, once you hit the level cap and for a good reason.. You might not increase your level but there is still stuff in the game to continue doing to improve yourself a little bit. Get a better mount from a raid boss, get better gear, get a rare crafting recipe, skill up a profession. There are many options of thigns you can do to better yourself while you wait for the level cap to be raised. More importantly you can do things with other players and don’t get penalized for it like in TSO. This game has nothing, nothing at all.

For me it’s not even about getting to lvl 51. I would settle for being able to help others do adventures and progress or play together as a team and beat the game that way. But how the game is designed prohibits this. 2 player maps are not the good kind of 2 player maps we should have. Ones where XP is at least split no matter who loses what or where a lvl 50 can help a lvl 36 friend where there is a decent balance of fun and co-operative adventuring between 2 people. With an online game we should be able to actually play with others. PvP would help solve this problem but when’s it coming? How’s going to be implemented? Do the Dev’s even know yet or are they still trying to iron out bugs from 6 months ago and are just getting over working on the art cover of the new starter pack? In the mean time we’re left with just a Sim City single player game with no real substance or fun game-play. It’s just a dull boring grind to 50 and then just plain dull and boring once your there.

BB needs to address these kinds of issues. At the very least let us have a Dev chat event, let us know for sure they are hearing what were saying. Let us know what they intend to do or what they will never do as the patients of players will only last for so long before they do just decided to go for that break and never come back.

There is a certain amount of time. The time between the player willing to hang on because of their investment already in the game and the time there willing to be patient to see what’s going to happen to the game long term before they merge and they just feel they’re wasting their time full stop.
    Last edited by Dopey; 26.01.13 at 09:19.
    A little less compensation, a little more action please
    All this compensation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more content and a little less bugged
    A little less inconvenient and a little more hugged
    Re-do PvP so its actually PvP and bluebyte satisfy me.
    Satisfy me bluebyte.

World
    Newfoundland
    As requested by mail a reaction;
    Although I like the fact that BB is coming up with new ideas like new adventures, I cant help to think that there are a lot of unfinished items here. And I wonder with each new item, why not do the waiting ones first or as well? For example ofc expected lvl 50 cap.
    I would love a new adventure, but at lvl 50, cant do anything with XP.
    This is btw not a complaining post by yet another lvl 50 player as i see written in some posts before, but a serious question to what we can expect as lvl 50 players obviously contribute a lot to the game and to new players, by helping with mats and adv and advise. So all benefit when lvl 50 players will again enjoy the game as well with new challenges.
    And what about the lag that is still here? When wil servertime actually be fixed for good?
    Then what about the jolly? Why take it from shop?
    I dont get it, it was a great feature BB. Pls leave it where it is or max it if you must.
    It is one item that is really helpfull for lower lvl players. For example we share in our guild the guildcoins and buy all members jollys so they have it a bit easier.

But as said why not fix the already planned changes instead of adding new ones or at least give more feed back when we can expect pending plans to be implemented.
    Now all is silent on older plans , would be nice to have some kind of timeframe and more clear answer on what we actually can expect as experienced players.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopey View Post
    At the very least let us have a Dev chat event
    +1 to Dev chat event. I've been meaning to post that there should be a Q&A session and not just a Developer but a Designer too. Developers can tell us why some elements work a certain way if it's due to coding, but Designers can tell us what is intentional (and also what is planned).

A lot of frustration could also be alleviated if a senior tester explained their decision-making around new releases when they allow some bugs to be included in new releases and what regression testing they do. Perhaps that's a little too technical for some but I get the feeling there is a sizeable number of players who would be able to engage meaningfully with that sort of discussion.

As for the issues raised by L50 players, let's try another perspective. BB should be considering commercial factors when determining the release schedule, since this game needs paying players to survive. My guess is that players who have been at L50 for a while now are more likely to have consistently spent money on this game to get where they are, so BB should be trying to retain this group of people.

As it is, my feeling is that BB prioritise new players over ones that have been playing for a while. The game provides very little for higher level players, as explained by others on this forum, but there is plenty for new players to keep them interested. While this was a reasonable strategy when the game started I think it's the wrong one now. Good customer management focuses on retaining your existing customer base while trying to attract new customers. There is little long term benefit in having a high churn rate of players - it gets harder and harder to attract new players and the ones who have left won't come back. Eventually the game will not be sustainable.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinStare View Post
    As it is, my feeling is that BB prioritise new players over ones that have been playing for a while. The game provides very little for higher level players, as explained by others on this forum, but there is plenty for new players to keep them interested. While this was a reasonable strategy when the game started I think it's the wrong one now. Good customer management focuses on retaining your existing customer base while trying to attract new customers. There is little long term benefit in having a high churn rate of players - it gets harder and harder to attract new players and the ones who have left won't come back. Eventually the game will not be sustainable.
    Settlers will be an game like the computergame Settlers, you play it for a couple of months and then you move to the next game. There is no point in comming back for players who reached L50 and as there is no victory condition they won't come back for an second round., so they won't be playing on another server.. This is an open ended game which is being treated by the designer as an typical computergame which you buy off the shelve. Get new players, make some small bugfixes and move on to the next version

As soon as Bluebyte gets the reputation not to care for the EOC players (which is very easy to attain) they won't get much new players and the game will bleed to death. No Endofworld or easter/xmast event in the game will stop this.

World
    Newfoundland
    I don't know if this has already been suggested, but it would be good if BB should put "Game Over..." and credits after the congratulation on reaching level 50. It would be a relief for everyone. When PvP is added "Game Over..." could be easily removed.
    Last edited by nikovchi; 31.01.13 at 11:38.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    On a happier note, although the previous week's maintenance did not seem to affect performance, last night was one of the best Friday nights as far as lag is concerned for many months. Still room for improvement, but hopefully a move back in the right direction at last.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by nikovchi View Post
    I don't know if this has already been suggested, but it would be good if BB should put "Game Over..." and credits after the congratulation on reaching level 50. It would be a relief for everyone. When PvP is added "Game Over..." could be easily removed.
    There is no end to the game, and no game over
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    There is an end, when the zone crashes like mine has twice!

Reply to Thread