Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] New Version + Fixes and Performance 24/01/2013

World
    Sandycove

[Feedback] New Version + Fixes and Performance 24/01/2013

[Dev Update] Fixes and Performance

Dear Settlers,

Our development team has actively been focussing on bug fixes and performance improvements.

Fixes Complete

The next version (mid February) will include several fixes.
    Amongst many others, a timing issue will be fixed (e.g. your geologist returns after the correct search time).
    Some players could not finish the main quest due to the fact that the level was far too high. This issue has affected several quests, this will befixed.

Fixes in development

We are working on more fixes, the topics mentioned do not represent the entire list.

-The 'user online display' will be fixed. A previous workaround today already solved the issue for some users.
    -An extended logging system delivers additional helpful data.
    -An unlock script for locked zones will be activated tonight, which will unlock locked zones with minor issues. It runs on a regular basis every night around 02:00 CET. Hence, some players that are currently affected by a locked zone will be able to play again after the script is executed.
    -A bug fix for guild quests that cannot be completed is in development, too.

Test server

There will be a new version on our test server soon.
    If you like to test the first branch of fixes, please visit the test server and post your feedback in the official forum.

Performance

The performance improvement has the highest priority.
    On the software side, a rework is in development. It will reduce server load.
    This will take some time, but our progress is significantly positive.
    Regarding the hardware- we’ve already started to add additional servers to game worlds with high load.
    When will the performance and stability of settlers improve? When i first started playing in June last year i would and did recommend it to friends and family since it was fun and stable (when friends/family get frustrated by buggy/unusable stuff you've recommended they aren't that happy with you) yet while it is still fun it is very very far from stable.

Playing now seems to involve refreshing constantly to either fix a bug such as the trade system constant hour glass or the being disconnected from chat server and having to delete your temporary internet files on a very regular basis.

These would be the temporary internet files that make the rest of the internet easier to use so lets not pretend that having to do this is a minor issue.

So is there a date for when i can give my F5 (refresh shortcut key) a rest and not have to type my login details in to every other web page i use?

P.S.

When will guild quests be fixed? As from my other thread on the bugs forum and my ticket to support at the start of the year we've still not received a new one.
    Last edited by EternalPink; 18.01.13 at 00:32.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Have to agree totally with you here eternalpink, and also when is dev's diary going to actually start producing what it has promised and some levels after 50 with some fresh new things for all us loyal players who have spent alot of money and been here for along time.

Even if there was to be a level 51 set up which is out of reach so that people can still carry on playing the game and earning xp not just losing it, there are so many players that are leaving and feeling very let down by BB.

There is so much more I could say on this matter but it would be nice to hear back from the above issues from eternalpink and my couple of questions.

Thanks Gavin

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Just bring the new pvp stuff and lvl cap raise already...

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    First of all. I'm glad to see a thread started for this, it's good to see some communication from dev's. Great Start!

Like most people, I have got impatient waiting for fixes/game stability. Just keep the updates coming, it's good t be informed.

Please make the information accurate, don't promise what you cannot deliver, don't give a date that won't happen.

Cheers
    Scruffy

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland

[Feedback] New version + Updates 24/01/2013

As requested my feedback......
    More new features and functions
    Why oh why oh why are BB spending dev resource and effort on small additions when they could be;
    1. Fixing known bugs
    2. Adding the functionality promised many times and initially scheduled for delivery September 2012, now promised for some time in 2013 with no clear roadmap (L50 cap raise, new levels, science tree, pvp etc)

I would rather they stopped trying to add new and unpublished functionality and concentrating on the 2 areas above. Otherwise it suggests BB has no change control / release strategy in place that you would expect from a half decent software house.

fishslice

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Jason, I posted just after you - takes me longer to type but I share your frustration, sadness and anger

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello!

I have merged 2 threads together.

[Thread merged]

Thank you,
    Sinister-King

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    bb need to start getting on with projects that were promised on last years road map and not doing new projects

here is my point
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...iary-June-2012

states end of 2012

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    If you look at the changes we are getting in the Guild Store for guild coins then its clear that Bluebyte really lacks an idea what items to sell. I mean, removing the Jolly geologists which costs 4000 guild coins!! Most of my guild members are trying to save up enough guild coins to buy that guy and now before they are able to buy the first one, they are going to remove it!!??

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    agree with Jason,

How about implementing a feature where level 50ers can collect the loot but store xps until bb increase levels?

Mystic - make your guild complete them quicker we already have members who bought a couple of jollys..

Reply to Thread