Reply to Thread

Thread: [Guide]Conquer your island in 1 week

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

[Guide]Conquer your island in 1 week

k, im bluffing, i started playing 2 days ago.
    But id like to explain to the other noobs the general outline of playing this game in turbo boost.

Start with the quests
    First of course you just start by following the quests. After 1 day, you will be lvl 16. While you do this, build only the bare minimum that the quests require you to build except for the production of building materials. (planks and stones)

Produce what has value
    When you explore the trade office, you will find that gold buys you everything. And, everything can be turned into gold...
    Therefore, you can easilly calculate how much every building you make is worth in dayly production.
    For example, i complete chain of plank production (3 forester, 2 woodcutter, 3 sawmils, 1 storehouse) will net you just over 600 planks per 12 hours. Since you need 9 buildings for this chain, that is 75 planks per building per 12hours or 150 per day. Planks sell for about 15 gold per 1000 so each buildings production is worth about 2,5 gold per day.

Now i am not gonna calculate everything here for you, but be asured, the building materials (pine planks, hardwood planks, stones, marbles) provide by far the best return on investment out of all that you can build. The weapons on the other hand provide you an absolutely terrible payout. Raw copper are isnt too bad either. You can even melt them into bars if you have the buildings anyway because the quests had you made those, but dont bother about those sword and bow makers. Burn them down.

Marble has a special mention, its value is extremely far beyond anything else you can produce. However, you are limited to a few mines. You can however build multiple marble masons per mine. How many you want to build per mine depends on how often you log in. It shouldnt take too much time after the mine is depleted before you are logging in to rediscover it. The same goes for stones actually, but their value is a bit less exceptional than marble (but still one of the highest values per production building available, so build plenty of them)

After a day or 2 you should produce building materials for a value of 300 gold per day. You can sell these and use the gold to buy what you need. Mostly however you will probably be using the building materials yourself

Some random tips
    -Do not produce more buffs than needed for your quests, they cost more than they help you on lvl 1 buildings and most lvl 2 buildings.
    -Make sure you always have enough residences to keep your free settler growth going.
    -build centres of production houses around a storehouse. I try to make 2 rings, in the inner ring, the ones that are closest, i put the buildings that have fast production cycles as they often have to walk to the storehouse. (pine sawmils for example) in the outer ring i build the slower buildings (like hardwood sawmills) as they have to walk less often.
    -you dont have to take care of the whole production line. Yesterday i bough 15.000 hardwood logs at a bargain. I immeadiately added a bunch more sawmills without adding the foresters and cutters that would fit this amount of sawmills. The wood will be 5 times the value as the price i payed for the logs. I can either buy more logs or add cutters and foresters later.
    -buy in bulk quantities and sell in smaller quantities as long as sell slots are not too expensive to justify this.
    -Use your first sell slot for stuff that keeps going fast (in my case it is usually occupied selling 4 lots of 50 tools for 7 gold each or 100 hardwood planks for 9 gold each) use the more expensive slots for more expensive and slower selling things if you want to use them. (like selling 4 lots of 1000 copper ore each)

The conquest chain reaction
    The quests will get you to conquer your first bandit leader. He is extemely easy. The next one is a bit harder, but not too hard either. I did it slowly though because i did not yet realise the chain effect that i am about to explain here.
    Each time you conquer a new territory, you are awarded 10 building licences and 300 gold (up till now, maybe it will increase in the future ?)
    Now if you read the conquest guide that is stickied in this forum section, you will notice that on conquering section 3 and 7, you will lose about 250 units. 1 unit costs you the following: 25 bread to buy the citizen in the provision house, 10 swords, 5 beer. so for 250 soldiers you need:
    -5250 bread (150g)
    -1250 beer (40g)
    -2500 swords (150g)
    In total that makes 340gold, barely more than the 300gold you get for conquering a territory ! And these are prices i just looked up in the trade office without waiting for the right bargain. Also, you dont need all the bread since you will have 96 free settlers per day. So probably the 300 gold will do and you wont need to invest anything besides that.

So keep checking the trade for the right deals, keep that provision house producing settlers, Keep that barracks pruducing soldiers and just steamroll over the bandit camps. If you can get things to keep going smoothly and your barracks doesnt run out of settlers or items, you need just a few hours per territory.

Now from here of course it is the bluff. I didnt conquer the map yet. After field 3 and 7, the losses will increase and i may want stronger soldiers. I feel confident however that when i add the 300 gold per day from my own production, i should be able to conquer field 6 and 8 in a day each and then i have 3 days left in this week to conquer field 9 (that is 900 gold +300 from the last conquest makes 1200 gold, not counting growth, quest rewards, conquest loot etc)
    Last edited by HugoChavez; 18.01.13 at 21:14.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    The one thing that will affect how long it takes you to take your island.. or at least the first 8 Sectors.. is your supply of Bread, Bronze Swords, and Brew! Because, that's what you need to make Recruits, which you NEED lots of to take the island.

You will make most of it yourself, but could also trade for it. Whatever way you do it, don't waste time/resources on buildings/resources you don't need, take your island first, worry about design/layout, other building chains later.

You will need other things like Bows, Longbows, Horses, Steel Swords, etc for some minor losses. But you can often buy these in trade, production of them isn't necessary immediately, and will only make the process much longer.

World
    Sandycove
    Emperor, at what level would you say players should start worrying about there chains?

Thanks, Web.
    http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2...c4908a8em3.png

Need any Help? Just ask. I will try to help you as much as I can.

TSO Beginners Guide -- Important TSO Links -- TSO Help & Support.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Weblo View Post
    Emperor, at what level would you say players should start worrying about there chains?

Thanks, Web.
    There are 2 answers to that:
    Lvl 1- 28 (or 32) -- First, you should maintain balanced chains right from the start. FOUR(4) chains you need built early are: Pinewood logs/planks, Bronze Sword, Bread, and Brew.
    Lvl 28+ (or 32+) The rest you should not worry about until you've taken your island, either the first 8 sectors, or all 9. (The 9th sector is VERY costly to take, and some people leave it till when they badly need the +10 licenses).
    NB: You will reach level 28 by the time you take 8 Sectors. You'll get level 32 if you take all 9 Sectors.

> Building Chains Link <

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    it all depends on your playing style. Of course this game is designed with the intention that you make perfect chains and have everything a little. The way i do it, i focus on producing the most valuable stuff and then trading for what you need.
    The choise between those 2 aproaches is valid at every level i think.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Day 3 update:
    Today went mostly as planned.
    I conquered section 7 and almost section 3. I havent been selling much of my production, but the extra rewards from quests and leveling up and some buy+sell trading did the job to suplement the 300 gold per section. I am well stocked with swords beer and bread.
    I upgraded my barracks but did a little to late. Therefore 1 camp is remaining (one eyed) and i need another half hour before my army will be restored to 200 but the internet cafe will be closing in 10 minutes. Unfortunately that means i will be unable to spend the 300 gold before the night and thus my military production will be halted for some hours. But first thing in the morning one eyed dies and from there it will be trying to gain as much as possible gold by trading, selling stock and leveling up to hopefully get the next section tomorrow as well or at least be close to getting it.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Day4 update:
    I have killed one eyed and taken most of the camps of sector 8. Tomorrow i start with a cavalry attack on the last camp before the leader and should take it losing 1 or 2 cav. Then i will go for metaltooth.
    Building cavalries is a bit dissapointing, the time it takes is insane. I have now qued up all the units needed to take out metal tooth. It would take 24 hours to produce them so i used a drill plan to make that into 12 hours. Tomorrow by this time AM, metaltooth should be down. I sold my red flying settler though, i would have liked to save it for later when im making gold, but now im starting to feel like i want to beat this challenge i have set up for myself. I did however found one other disadvantage; i am now stuck with a questbook full of quests that actually have a maximum level. Seems i can never complete them and cant remove them from the book.
    Last edited by HugoChavez; 20.01.13 at 03:51.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    day 5 update:
    Real life cought up with me in ways you wouldnt believe if i explained them. They involve boats with failing engines out in open water....

Anyway, i have been unable to login earlier to day so i have a full day delay. Doing it in 7 days had become my challenge for this game, but now i am surely not gonna make it anymore. I am currently attacking metal tooth. I will just take sector 6 tomorrow and leave sector 9 for when it is actually worth the effort. Because really, i could now try to do it in 8 days or whatever but the chalenge is failed anyway and it is pretty costly, id need to use everything at my disposal, all things that are better saved for later. So ill just take sector 9 later. That makes this the end of this guide / report. The essence i guess is clear however. If you want to conquer your island fast, ignore all the nice little things you can build, just make building materials, be a good trader and immeadiately invest all the gold you get from your conquests to keep conquering more.

Reply to Thread