Reply to Thread

Thread: Guild throne usurpation

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Guild throne usurpation

Hello. I have this suggestion that when there is a big guild and suddenly the guild leader becomes inactive all of the active players start to leave the guild, no metter if there are active officers or not. So why not make the opportunity if the leader is innactive for 2 weeks or 1 month, the officers or if no officers, then other members can vote to take the guild leadership? This will be much better becouse it won't require resources to fund new guild.

Thank you for your time reading this.

P.S. There should be option even if the leader is active, there could be a call vote for changing the leader. It just sounds quite democratic i know, but it will be good if the game has that option.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    This suggestions has been made at least twice already, with a lot of support each time. There has been no feedback on it from BB, so not sure if it's in the works, or if they've even taken note. A support ticket with the suggestions has been sent and support have 'passed this onto the dev team."

Can't hurt to discuss it further, maybe develop some more ideas in the same vein I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolintzumaa View Post
    P.S. There should be option even if the leader is active, there could be a call vote for changing the leader. It just sounds quite democratic i know, but it will be good if the game has that option.
    I personaly am 100% against a guild leader being replaced by force. The guild leader OWNS the guild. However, I do agree a majority vote from the guild could be used to replace an inactive leader (or the second in command automatically takes over).

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Well I personally hope that developers will do something about it. I am glad that it is already discussed.
    Well he may owns the guild but knowing that you can be replaced makes you to be nice to people every time. :P Of course it depends tho.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I am a Guild Leader and have asked for this also. So i support a leader being replaced or be able to hand over the 'big chair'. By force i am not so sure. Setting up a guild is expensive, hard work and time consuming this would be rather like stealing in my view and would the new leader understand all that is involved. So a total mess could ensue.

I would like to have a second in command, someone else that can kick officers or cancel guild quests. He/she would be able to take over for holidays and sick leave and eventually take over completely if required. Maybe the second in command could be elected by the members.

I have been in the big chair just coming up to a year and quite frankly i am desperate for a break. I will never let my guildies down intentionally but it worries me that so much responsibility is held by one person. There is no allowance for a personal life, unless you have officers that will put in a similar amount of time and share the admin these are very hard to find.

Reply to Thread