Reply to Thread

Thread: Residence - keeping it viable.

World
    Northisle

Lightbulb Residence - keeping it viable.

Just a random idea to prevent the noble residence from superseding the residence. maybe the type of building can influence the rate of population growth. Say for example a residence, cos it's cheap, has a positive effect on growth. While noble residences don't (because they're expensive). In addition this would help new players of TSO while making residences a viable building option later on in the game.

Feel free to add to this idea. I will be.
    Settling isn't just for fun

World
    Northisle
    Normal settler growth is 1 settler every 15 mins no matter which residence you have, normal or noble but noble residences supersede normal ones leaving them redundant. I suggest that normal residences form level 3 onwards add an additional (single) settler every 2 hours per level of upgrade. So at level 5 a residence adds 3 settlers per 6 hours. This would make residences a viable alternative to noble residences.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    why should they be a viable alternative - noble is more expensive and more expensive to upgrade and hence u get more people. This idea would make not only the noble residence obsolete, but would completely ruin the balance of the game

I can see it happen, people having 40 lvl 5 residences instead of noble deed buildings thats erm 50x 12 is 600 settlers extra per day from the residences. What impact do you think that has on the game economy and esp on the need for making settlers in the provision house - for many it would even make upgrading prov house to lvl 5 not needed and they can more than halve their bread production.

Base line- resident for resident, there is nothing wrong with the normal houses versus noble ones- They get obsolete but so do other things. At the end of the day almost no one will have regular residences at the high 40's left either- they will be replaced by a mix of castles, witch towers and noble building deeds and freeing up licenses

World
    Northisle
    Yeah but I like residences. Noble residences are boring. Thanks for the input. My Idea was rubbish.

World
    Newfoundland
    The idea would be nice, but I have to admit that it wouldn't really work. I keep a few residences anyway, dont care does it matter my population!
    We cant take away homes of simple folk, can we?
    But anyway, this would unbalance the game, as said.
    "That cat is staring me in a nasty way... just take the photo quick and run!"
    My camera's last words...

Reply to Thread