Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Guild Bank and Adventure Library

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by G_O_L_D View Post
    I love the idea of using the original type of trade system from game but in bank / library, i still think there should be a banker / librarian to keep an eye in the trade so no one abuses it to much.

We also do trade for 1 fish etc but sometimes it may take more than that if someone empties 5000 Granite for 1 fish ! in the bank ! hense you will need a moderator ie banker to ensure all in fair.

As far as chat is concerned, shesh u wanna come to our chat ! carnt shut some ppl up lol joking peeps !
    We as a guild now have set this up with a player who willing to trial it out as the librarian, A very trusted player who has all the guilds (most) adventures ready to go who wishes to donated and take out (nobis, you my little star )
    If you see G_O_L_D anywhere else its prob me!

World
    Newfoundland
    Just to see it in action so to speak please goto HERE

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I see you have modelled your suggestion on how your guild does things. The problem is not all guilds use the same economic model. Any hard-coded library would therefore only satisfy some and be the bane of others.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I see you have modelled your suggestion on how your guild does things. The problem is not all guilds use the same economic model. Any hard-coded library would therefore only satisfy some and be the bane of others.
    This is very true but all suggestions have to start somewhere and its a work in progress (WoW), Yes we have modelled it on how we do it and until people suggest to us on who people run it, it in there guild this is a starting block. Im hoping that the DEVs along with oither guild or even lone players will have some input and come up with a solution, other online games do banks / libraries, i just hope TSO will do soon to.

Regards

G_O_L_D

P.S I will pass on any comments made to the player who has had the most input to this so far which is "Nobis"

World
    Newfoundland
    we have implemented this in out guild now, and its going very well

World
    Newfoundland
    If everything seems to be going very well you have obviously overlooked something - Murphy Law. Now imagine the drama when stuff goes missing.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    ... or the "librarian" quits game/loses internet/discovers girls...
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Not to poo poo on this idea, since each guild is different in their needs. But i just cant see the point of this, in my guild if we have to much of something we just ask who needs it. If you want something you just ask for it and potentially work out a deal if its a high value item. And its the same with advents, if you give a good advent out you might ask for the first loot slot (i.e granite or exotic wood) in exchange. I just don't see the need to complicate it.

Also have you thought about what happens when this librarian/banker isn't on due to holiday or have finished the game all together???? (not everyone make a conscious decision to finish the game for good on a particular day, so handing on the title and good would be hard)
    Also this game is a world wide game so many time zones need to be taken into account.... we have people from all over the world in our guild...... I do like the idea of the guild trade system like the current trade system though, it gives you a chance to offer it in house (even while offline) before selling it.

But hey if this idea works for your guild roll with it, and i hope it works well for you, but i don't think it will fit all the guilds and their different styles

World
    Newfoundland
    I hear you all and ty for your imput, Its just an idea and obvously needs so exercising, Maybe the system could be the banker / libirian with the guild leader telling it what the conditions are on taking items out?

World
    Newfoundland
    Yay , new BB video on main page says there looking into it, at last a GUILD BANK !

Reply to Thread