Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Guild Bank and Adventure Library

World
    Newfoundland

Lightbulb Guild Bank and Adventure Library

I know there have been some ideas kicking about “Guild Banks / Storehouse” already and after speaking to some of our guild members and leaders we would like to propose the following ideas to the Developers’.

“Guild Library” or "Adventure Repository".

New rank of “Librarian” with in the guild rankings. With ability to GUILD EMAIL

The “Guild Library” could be got to from the “Guild” icon on the main screen and marked as another “Tab” on guild information.

Guild member are perfectly in his/her own right to sell any adventure they have, on trade for coins or resources outside guild, be it the whole “Adventure” or just the “Loot Spot”.

1. A donation of an adventure that a player does not want or need would gladly be donated to the library.

2. A donated adventure will never be sold outside the guild for any profit for the individual.

3. As I am sure that the 2 player + adventures will be the ones that causes the most administration I think, Loot spots would have to be agreed by the ”Librarian” and all other loot spot players before the adventure is given out (If require in conjunction with the leader/s.

4. If an adventure is needed for a Guild Quest. It will be gifted free from the library (if in store, of course, I don’t see how this could be scammed, you know by the level of player if he/she would get such a guild quest).

5. Another way to combat all of the above is to have a grading system for “Adventures” in / out, so you donate a Grade 4 Adventure into the library let’s say “Traitors” (just to get the general idea across) and you sign out another Grade 4 or lower to the one that you want. If a higher Grade adventure is needed then, compensation donations would solve this. As decided by the “Librarian” in conjunction with the guild leader/s.

“Guild Bank”

New Rank of “Banker” with in the Guild rankings. With ability to GUILD EMAIL

The “Guild Bank” could be got to from the “Guild” icon on the main screen and marked as another Tab on guild information.

Guild member are perfectly in his/her own right to sell any resources they have on trade, outside the guild.

I think this would be a fairly easy one to manage pretty much the same as the library above.

1. All donations in and out the “Guild Bank” would be controlled by the “Banker” in conjunction with the guild leader/s.

2. Resources in / out would be an “Intermediate” item/s for another “Intermediate” item/s or “Intermediate” item/s for “advanced” item/s with a small amount of compensation, if the “Banker” feels the need that it would be for the good and benefit of the guild.

Amount of guild bank / library space? Again this could be the same a store in the main game, you get a set amount, and then you have to upgrade the bank / library to gain more storage. “Guild Coins” or “Gems” could be used for this from the merchant.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank “Nobis” mainly for these ideas and I’ve added / amended to them with his permission of course, and also to “Charmed” and “Wolfstone” for their contribution, all of us are from the “Rebellious and Proud” (RAP) guild.

Here are the amendments that "Nobis" would like to make, for this to feel more "fair to all members" (poor lad spent two days on this ammendment lol):

1. No special bonus or reward to the Librarian, he adheres to the same rules as anyone else when donating or taking out Adventures from the library/depository. Rewards by buff or Loot spot are always given to the DONATOR of the Adventure taken out, never to the role of the "Librarian".

2. The content and change of the library has to be totally transparent. To do this, the Librarian has to administrate 3 lists. First is the current inventory status of the Adventures one can ask for, second is a transaction log of what has been given, or what has been taken out.(To ensure, correct payment for it has been made), Third is to keep a list of the cue, when more than one adventure of the same kind has been donated, so that one knows who is next in line for the buff (Current Donator), or lootspot of what has been taken out. Principle is first in first out.

Baskets, it should be sent to the librarian as trade for the adventure taken out. The Librarian will then visits to buff the donator, and mails the Donator that buffs was given for the donation, so its not to be confused with "Owing buffs" to the Librarian who buffed him.

For 2+ player adventures, the Librarian will mail the DONATOR that she/he is to expect a lootspot from the player that picked it up. This is to ensure the Donator really gets what he/she is entitled to. If the DONATOR for some reason has been offline and can’t except, as the adventure draws to a close....the lootspot should be given to someone else in the guild....The leaders should determine who, so that no favouritism is in play here. No 2+ player adventures taken out from the library can ever be sold outside the guild; all LS must also stay in here.

1. The Liberian must report any change to the Library to Hosts, immediately (i. e. transaction made, be it in or out), that way the status is always "up to date"...if this is something of a group mail to send out, I don’t know. Up to you leaders to think about, but it really to keep up the transparency of it, because all will see who did what, and then can ask, "Was it honoured, whit the baskets or the Lootspot?"

2. If you take out an adventure, your intention must be to play it right away, not to hoard it till you perhaps finish what you are currently doing, and play it a week later. Of course one has to have the time to build up the troops, but that must be the main focus if taking it out of the Library.

3. If you donate and adventure, and then want it back (provided it hasn’t been sold for the five buff's the DONATOR got), it's free to ask back. If it’s been sold, well, even money then, pay 5 buffs for next offer....zero sum game.

4. Swapping graded adventure I find a great idea, but can’t find a good solution to it yet. I think, for now, if someone finds something they want to swap, they should go to whisper with the DONATOR (as he can withdraw it for free), and then just make a bi-lateral trade about it.

How does this sound, for improvement?

Here is an imaginary instant report from a librarian to leaders, after a change to inventory has been made. (If it is broadcasted is up to you, but i think it should be, so you all don’t get first dibs on everything):

Adventure library stock:

Adventure / stock / Rank / # plr(s) / Days / XP / Fee / Current Donator

Save the x-mas Feast / 2 / 3 / 1 plr / 2 days / up to 4890 / 5 baskets / #playersname
    Horseback / 2 / 2 / 1Plr / 2 days / up to 7230 / 5 baskets / #playersname
    The Dark priest / 2 / 3 / 2 plrs / 2 days / up to 5975 / Lootspot / #playersname
    Traitors / 3 / 4 / 1 plr / 3 days / up to 8710 / 5 baskets / #playersname

Adventure library transaction log:

Adventure / Transaction / member / Date

Horseback / Donation / Nobis / jan-21
    Witch of The Swamp / withdrawl / #playersname / jan-21

Adventure cue:
    Adventure / member / date

Save the x-mas feast / #playersname / jan-20
    Save the x-mas feast / #playersname / jan-20
    Horsback / #playersname /jan-20
    Horseback / #playersname / jan-21
    The Dark priest / #playersname / jan-20
    The Dark pries / #playersname / Jan-21

Any thoughts / better ideas or even thumbs up or down, please leave your comments below.

Ill revise it as it goes on and if people let me know of course.

To see this in action so to speak, we have created out own one for the guild = GO SEE IT HERE

Regards.
    Last edited by G_O_L_D; 26.01.13 at 17:07. Reason: update for idea
    If you see G_O_L_D anywhere else its prob me!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    As the guilds are what keep games going over time, I hope devs take the time to read, reflect and perhaps in one shape or another implement suggestions like the one above.

Regards
    Amled

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    i maybe the last person to say nobis has had a good idea lol. however this gives the senior or up and coming members who ave gained...like myself from the guild to give back and bring new members through or at least give them the same support i have had. all in all great idea im in

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Think its a brilliant concept and would be a great help especially to new players embarking on their first adventures. Big thumbs up from me - great idea

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Thumbs up

Worth a Beta try!

Redaurore
    Last edited by Redaurore; 20.01.13 at 18:31.

World
    Northisle
    Good idea
    Settling isn't just for fun

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    really great ideas, +1

World
    Newfoundland
    if anyone has stuff to add to this Im (We) are more than happy to amend original post, please fill free to add a comment !

Skilled Student Harald_Villraade's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Great idea! BB, just do it!

I´d just like to add the option of a simplification: It could be done as a regular guild trade tab, where members put up what they need/offer and what they want in return (in my guild, most likely one fish...). No administration needed, and each guild can decide on their own rules for the trades. The whole clue to guilds is being on the same team and helping each other, so I don´t see how this should cause any trouble.

It would be a great way to share advs and resources effectively, particularly as the players with spare resources often are those spending little time online.

I see one possible downside, the chance that people won´t enter the chat in need of resources, so not getting to know each other that way.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Harald_Villraade View Post
    Great idea! BB, just do it!

I´d just like to add the option of a simplification: It could be done as a regular guild trade tab, where members put up what they need/offer and what they want in return (in my guild, most likely one fish...). No administration needed, and each guild can decide on their own rules for the trades. The whole clue to guilds is being on the same team and helping each other, so I don´t see how this should cause any trouble.

It would be a great way to share advs and resources effectively, particularly as the players with spare resources often are those spending little time online.

I see one possible downside, the chance that people won´t enter the chat in need of resources, so not getting to know each other that way.
    I love the idea of using the original type of trade system from game but in bank / library, i still think there should be a banker / librarian to keep an eye in the trade so no one abuses it to much.

We also do trade for 1 fish etc but sometimes it may take more than that if someone empties 5000 Granite for 1 fish ! in the bank ! hense you will need a moderator ie banker to ensure all in fair.

As far as chat is concerned, shesh u wanna come to our chat ! carnt shut some ppl up lol joking peeps !

Reply to Thread