Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Lootspots and Lootspot Etiquette

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm sorry MutantKid, I've no idea. Anyone from Northisle?

For anyone else who may refer to "current" prices posted anywhere: Prices for all things do change over time, sometimes very quickly and the economies on different servers may (or may not) be wildly different from those on your own. Unless you get confirmation 'at home' all older posts or posts 'from away' will reliably tell you is what a price was in a given place at a set point in time.

And many thanks everyone, I'm very glad the [Guide] is proving useful.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 02.02.13 at 13:49.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Great post! I just wish you would ask the sellers to sim the troops needed for LS! It might not mean much to many players, but there is no reason to lose a cav when a rec is enough, or to kill 3r when one is enough, or 5 when 3 is enough, and so forth! I often see people asking me to bring more troops than I need, and while 1r will make 1 kill, 3r will only make 2, so you dont even get ekstra XP according to loses (not that so little xp makes much difference, but its the principle!)

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Tasita, sometimes it is better to err on the side of caution, I can think of quite a few camps where 1R may or may not make a kill, but you also need to consider this:
    Some sellers may need a camp weakened to a point where they can attack with significantly fewer losses themselves, kind of like a suicide attack to take out 1st strike units, although it would be good etiquette for them to point this out beforehand.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I have just been involved in a LootSpot. Dark Priests
    We traded LS, both killed troops and both lost some of our own men.

The friend received rewards from both, but I only received rewards from my own adventure.

Only difference I can see was that I sent my general out of the friends zone after I cleared a camp.

Is this a bug, or a "feature" ?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    It shouldn't matter whether you have a General on the Island or not when the Adventure ends or if you lost troops of your own, if you killed at least one enemy you should get a wee bit of xp and a full set of loot.

Double check the battle report in your mail and if you definitely made a kill run through the Support basics first: "Refresh - Clear your cache and cookies - Try a different browser."

If none of that helps contact Support: http://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/help-and-support as what you have is a bug, not a feature.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Just a comment regarding communication for lootspots, based on the fact that recent quests have resulted in a large amount of sales of lootspots and some confusion at times over what is expected.

1. Is it worth confirming the same details via Mail and via Whisper? Whisper will get lost if a connection is lost, but it may be useful for ironing out details like 'where is G6 and what do I do for a block?' This could always be copied and pasted to a Mail later.

2. Don't jump to conclusions about a player when they have apparently taken a long time to make a kill, aren't communicating or seem to have been offline for hours: they may be experiencing lag / having to refresh / suddenly got disconnected and can't get back into TSO or have a real life emergency that takes priority.

3. Lootspots aren't actually supported by Blue Byte, and therefore they do carry a degree of risk. The buyer and seller need to trust each other. Unfortunately sometimes trades go wrong. In this case it is very much 'buyer beware' and 'seller beware'. You don't actually have any recourse to compensation through official channels. It may be nice to sell a lootspot that otherwise would be 'lost', but that doesn't mean they are guaranteed to be profitable and fail-safe.

4. Naming and shaming people in trade and other channels regarding failures over lootspots is not fair, and against the rules. This is the official line on the matter; it will refer to lootspots as well as other trades...Trade and Lootspot Scammers. If there is a degree of madness around with people desperately trying to complete quests that require adventures to be done, then mistakes will happen. Try to be patient, even if it's difficult to do so with one eye on the clock.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Current ls prices?

Anyone have current ls prices (Gunpowder etc.)

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    An Excellent post and invaluable to a new player like myself

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Current lootspot prices on Northisle, as I have observed recently:

Dark Priest = 100-250 (hardly sold)
    SFTR = 300 - 400
    Surprise Attack = 650-750
    Nords = 650-800
    Black Knights = 700-850
    VTV = 600-700
    Roaring Bull = 1100-1300
    Dark Brotherhood = 1500-1800
    Secluded Experiments = 1500-2500 (wide range, hardly sold)
    Valiant Tailor = 2500-3000
    Sons of Tailor = 2800-3500
    HLT, CLT, BLT = 6500-7500
    Xmas special: More Secluded Experiments = 3000-4000

Don't see much else being offered, so no prices on those.
    Last edited by Sharpielein; 31.12.13 at 15:25.

World
    Northisle
    I would love to know the average prices on North isle too, but a very nice guide. thanks

Reply to Thread