Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [Guide] Lootspots and Lootspot Etiquette

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I use this thread a lot in Help chat, may I ask for a sticky post?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Some adventures have room for a number of players, but more possible lootspots. How is this possible? Can you jump out after making your kill, in order to make room for the next lootspot-player.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Slight update northisle lootspot prices in March 2014:
    Dark Priest = 100-250 hardly sold
    SFTR = 350 - 450 (+)
    Surprise Attack = 700-800 (+)
    Nords = 650-900 (+)
    Black Knights = 700-850
    VTV = 700-900 (+)
    Roaring Bull = 1200-1500 (+)
    Dark Brotherhood = 1500-1800 some ppl sell 500 if using WPP on boss tower - to each their own
    Secluded Experiments = 1500-2500 wide range, hardly sold
    Valiant Tailor = 2500-3500 (+)
    Sons of Tailor = 3500-4200 (+)
    HLT, CLT, BLT = 11000-12000 (+) - usually not too difficult to buy at the low end if using combat buffs
    More Secluded Experiments = 3500-4500 (+)

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    I have a serious question about "waiting for the kill" now:

I am on Roaring Bull, got 2 lootspotters invited. 1 made the kill immediately, 1 is offline since his general arrived, but he didn't make the kill.
    This is 8 hours ago.
    I sent him a message but no response - maybe he's from a different time zone and went to sleep.

Theoretically, I could wait 4 more days before finishing the adventure.

The guy who got his kill is on Premium and is now pretty (PG-7) because his Premium is running out and he can't do other adventures.
    So due to 1 person's inability to show up, 2 people are losing a Premium day, which isn't really funny if you rely on Star Coins Premium which is limited to once-a-week.

How would you guys handle a situation like this?
    Last edited by Sharpielein; 15.03.14 at 15:53.

World
    Sandycove
    8 hours is more than enough time IMO - go ahead and complete I say

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Can I suggest adding something along these lines?.... "If a lootspot advertisement requests a whisper (w/m) and does not tell you to buy the fish/stone/whatever in the Trade Office then you should whisper the seller and wait for a reply before buying their lot in the Trade Office. If they already have a trade up, the chances are it has been placed there for someone who they have already agreed to sell to in whisper."

I'm getting really tired of placing trades in the TO for people who have done as I have asked and whispered only to have some 'eager beaver' buy the lot and start demanding I send invite because they bought my lot before I have had the chance to tell them the spot is already sold.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    RL and things have kept me from the forum and this is overdue for a number of updates, so just a quick note to say it's known. Cheers very much everyone for the suggestions.

Sharpielein and jollyfog, you're spot on and Ozzymandeus that really must be awkward, I'll try to get a note in, also one about the:

Master of Martial Arts - unless it's specifically agreed he'll be sent it's best not to use him for a kill. He does enough damage he may mess up a block planned for later or take more XP and/or Star Coins away from the seller than was intended.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyVonW View Post
    Some adventures have room for a number of players, but more possible lootspots. How is this possible? Can you jump out after making your kill, in order to make room for the next lootspot-player.
    There's no way to squeeze extra players into an Adventure, once the invitations have been accepted those players are in it till the end, but there is a bit of confusion about the term "lootspot". It refers to the extra spots for invited players, not the player who started the Adventure or their loot.

While it may sometimes be described as having two, meaning the maximum of two sets of loot, a two player Adventure like Dark Priests has one "lootspot", the first isn't really a "lootspot" as such.

Hope that helps a bit.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 23.04.14 at 14:31. Reason: Improved image

Reply to Thread