Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quest text

World
    Sandycove

Quest text

Can you please change the quest text that says "have a production value of at least 0 for every 12 hours" to a much simpler have positive production on economy overview since we have to explain this several times a daily and its really beginning to get old.

Thanks

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    First time I hear this being a problem.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Whizkeyjack View Post
    First time I hear this being a problem.
    This comes up constantly, "at least 0" Quests confuse lots of people and it's one of the most common questions in Help. There is even a guide to them here: Commonly Asked Questions

Changing the Quest text would make very many people's game experience much less frustrating.

+1

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    I see it as one of the most asked questions. And some of these are multi-part. We cant see the other player's screen, so it is many questions just to get the player and the help person talking about same part of quest.
    -
    The person may say something about part 2 ....and we(who cannot see their screen) are trying to solve part 3.
    -
    And if multiple people are trying to get help...... it gets difficult to keep focus on one issue.
    -
    Even though one uses names and such when helping, the moving chat screen makes it easy to miss a person's statement.
    -
    It's often hard to keep focus on what the problem actually is.

World
    Sandycove
    After learning today that someone has actually made a guide for these quests due to how awful the quest text is can we finally have some action on this please

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

How has no one mentioned that having 0 production is not the same as having positive production yet? 0 production means that you make exactly the amount of the resource you use. Positive production means that you produce more than you use - do you see the distinction? It's easier to achieve 0 production than surplus production, because to produce more than you use you would have to build even more producers or upgrade them further, which might tip the economy off in some cases. What you're asking is not for the mods to simplify the wording of the quests, but to change the quests completely, and imo such a change would make these quests even more difficult. I might sound harsh now, but if someone doesn't understand what "0 production" means, the fault is not in the wording used but in that person's inability to understand either written word, or how EO works (and the latter at least they should have learnt from the introductory quests in the first place).

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Maladict View Post

How has no one mentioned that having 0 production is not the same as having positive production yet? 0 production means that you make exactly the amount of the resource you use. Positive production means that you produce more than you use - do you see the distinction? It's easier to achieve 0 production than surplus production, because to produce more than you use you would have to build even more producers or upgrade them further, which might tip the economy off in some cases. What you're asking is not for the mods to simplify the wording of the quests, but to change the quests completely, and imo such a change would make these quests even more difficult. I might sound harsh now, but if someone doesn't understand what "0 production" means, the fault is not in the wording used but in that person's inability to understand either written word, or how EO works (and the latter at least they should have learnt from the introductory quests in the first place).
    However, it doesn't say 'have 0 production', it says 'have at least 0 production', which means exactly the same or positive production.....

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sto_Helit
    However, it doesn't say 'have 0 production', it says 'have at least 0 production', which means exactly the same or positive production.....
    The way I interpret it, the quest tells you that it wants your economy to be balanced - for that, you theoretically need your production to be at 0 only, but if you can produce more than you use, then that's great, too (you get things to sell later). "Have at least 0 production" is just another way of saying "do not have negative production", or "do not use more than you can produce". If the quest was changed to "have positive production", it would mean that even players with balanced economy (0 production) would not be able to finish it. That's why I think changing these quests is a bad idea. I agree with you, Sto_Helit, that these words mean "have exactly the same or positive production" - it's been my point all the while, and I'm not sure why you would point this out? In other words, I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand what in my post you're referring to and why (assuming you don't agree with me).

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Having a zero production is not a good thing. My damascene weapon smith is sleeping and my production is zero.

The wording does need to be changed to avoid lots of confusion to something like "Have a positive production" or even an even more simple "Make more than you use".

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Maladict View Post
    I agree with you, Sto_Helit, that these words mean "have exactly the same or positive production" - it's been my point all the while, and I'm not sure why you would point this out? In other words, I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand what in my post you're referring to and why (assuming you don't agree with me).
    I was pointing it out because you seemed to say that it said 'have 0 production' and I wasn't sure why you said the quests would need to be changed. You didn't say 'have exactly the same or positive production' in your previous post, you said something about 0 production not being the same as positive production, which seemed to be completely beside the point. Maybe I'm just misreading your earlier post, but it wasn't clear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gytha_Ogg View Post
    "Make more than you use".
    That would get my vote for simple and clear wording.

Reply to Thread