Reply to Thread

Thread: Bigger Stacks of Fishfood and Meat Deposit in Provision house.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Bigger Stacks of Fishfood and Meat Deposit in Provision house.

Hey i think, my Topic says it all.

i have 10 lvl5 fisherman, and to keep them running i need about 150k fishfood every week, to make it i have to klick like 60 times on this fishfood icon thats annoying.

please add a bigger stack for example with 25k fishfood pro stack or more. so i can que bigger volumes on fishfood and meat easyer.

Would be an easy and helpfull feautre. -.-

World
    Newfoundland
    I have the same problem, it's irritating and if it took more than an hour to change this I would be shocked. Just have the stacks run like the settlers with a cap of 2500, 12500 and 62500 and bingo, problem solved.

Having one entry in a database with a value of 62500 is better than having twenty-five entries of 2500 and if they are stored with a different format along the lines of "stack_type|stack_quantity|stacks_available" and they are just displayed as individual stacks in the star menu then there's still some optimisation to be had from the number of client/server interactions involved for adding, say, fifty stacks to your production queue and then adding fifty refills to a deposit. Multiply those database entries and client/server interactions across, potentially, tens of thousands of players and you're going to see a very real increase in performance by changing something that some players find irritating... It's a win-win!

It could be argued that this is so people log in and do their refills but if that is the intention it's not how it's working in practice because people with a lot of fishers usually just create tons of stacks and more to the point active players that this irritates are likely logging in and playing daily anyway so you don't need this kind of hook in our mouths to reel us back in to play.

I suppose it could also be argued that it is like this so you can reorganise the production queue if something comes up and that point would be valid if you didn't have to cancel everything in there to change your priorities but you do, so it's not... Let's also remember that there's that little speed up option on there that, for fish food deposits at least, is relatively pointless because they take hardly any time to complete with a high level provision house and it's overpriced. Drop the price, add the large stacks and if someone has an issue with a huge stack hogging their provision house they might consider spending gems to speed the process up.

Final argument has to be that there is no indication of how long something is going to complete and having a low level provision house with the ability to create a super-sized stack could result in a player adding something that takes a ridiculously long time to complete. Low level players will not have the bread to make these huge deposits and if they do then they are obviously considering doing this because they want to. Adding one line of text beneath the slider along the lines of "Estimated completion time HH:MM:SS" resolves that issue while simultaneously resolving the other minor irritation of not knowing how long it will take to complete the stack before it's added to the queue.

The way I see it you could increase performance, decrease database clutter, stop irritating some of the players and create a more viable gem sink all for a very minor changeset. I think that this kind of thing has been said many times before, there are already posts about it, but I don't think there's ever been an "official" response. I'm posting because I've never posted in any of the other threads and I don't really like necroing when there's something on the front page.

So for what it's worth: +1
    Last edited by Splotch; 25.01.13 at 10:24.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    + 1 Good Idea !

World
    Sandycove
    I'll go +1 with this aswell, I need alot of fish and 2500 each time isn't enough
    http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2...c4908a8em3.png

Need any Help? Just ask. I will try to help you as much as I can.

TSO Beginners Guide -- Important TSO Links -- TSO Help & Support.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    well said splotch, i couldn't have said it better myself. hogging the DB with tons of entries sure is totally counterproductive and adds to the lag we all know and "love". i made 1.5kk fish food last week, don't ask me how long it took me to click myself through that task.

So +1 from me as well.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Agree with the suggestion, and while we're at it, bigger stacks for recruits as well please.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Totally agree. Its time for a slider that can take more than up 25 in Provision house and Barracks. The slider in the Trade office goes from 0 to your max, plz make it the same for Provision house and Barracks.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo

Its been said before in previous threads.
    You do this and you devalue the purpose of the deerstalker so why would BB want to do something that makes a gem building replaceable? By default that will seriously impact upon their sales and god forbid destabilise their business model meaning we end up on shoddy servers that creak and lag along with 3rd rate development teams that cant even develop the things they said they would develop 12 months ago!!!

You've got to remember their intention is to draw you in, get you hooked on the game and then encourage you to buy gems or at least trade and buy giftable gem related items from people that will buy gems.

PS - Whats the odds on BB overcoming the fish issue with fish farms that breed fish. What else are all those water spaces going to be used for...

Reply to Thread