Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pirates as guild quest: waaaay too common

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    I do agree, Qualan. There will always be differences, but as someone who never did Pirates, I find myself doing it 2-4 times a week. Then again I do wonder about asking for a change... Pirates is still preferable to SoTV (BB - get rid of that thing...)

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Pirates is one of my favorite adventures, so that's not the problem. But getting it as guild quest constantly has already pushed its price on TO to 3-4x what it used to be, since the guild quests consume a disproportionate amount of them compared to what explorers actually find. I certainly wouldn't want awful adventures like SotV or SE appear as guild quest, nor would I want to pay 40 very-hard-to-get carriages, but constant Pirates isn't exactly nice either.

Just to be constructive, here are some possibilities for guild quests, some easy, some not so... in any case, the more there are, the less they repeat and less often Pirates pops up:
    - upgrade any mine to level 3
    - start any adventure of your own choice
    - complete any adventure of your own choice
    - train 50 cavalries (or 200 recruits, something you lose often anyway, few soldiers might work too)
    - demolish a mine
    - produce X of Y (and no bows, longbows, iron swords etc. that lot of people are not making, including all expert building junk apart from exo planks)
    - pay X troops or Y (instead of just paying longbows, could actually pay longbowmen thus requiring the training time & effort)
    - discover X ore deposits of any kind
    - get rid of all buy/sell quests because people do them by trading with a friend and then trading the stuff back, making the quests just pointless
    - produce 50000 fish food
    - produce 25000 meat refills
    - produce 50 baskets

And with bit of extra coding effort, a new type of quests where you get "Do A or B to complete quest", so players actually can choose whatever suits them better. Then you can put potentially hard stuff as option, e.g. "Upgrade a building other than mine, OR complete Island of the Pirates adventure". That wouldn't be my favorite quest, but I'm sure you get the idea.

Reply to Thread