Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pirates as guild quest: waaaay too common

Nifty
    World
    Northisle

Pirates as guild quest: waaaay too common

Guild quests are causing Pirates to beg for mercy. They're a popular target to begin with, but two different guild quests keep sending everyone to kill them over and over again every couple days. The pirates' representative is blaming this all on the Witch of the Swamp, who has apparently bribed BB to completely ignore her when it comes to guild quests. In addition, the Pirates' representative is blaming BB for wrecking the economy due to extremely high demand for the maps leading to the Pirate Island, ruining guild atmospheres due to lot of people simply not being able to complete their quest as they have no way to get to the Pirates.

In other words: make LOT more guild quests or take Pirates out of guild quests, because the rate everyone gets Pirates as their daily right now is not sustainable. WotS isn't used at all, HB pops up rarely, Traitors isn't used either (I hate the place so don't mind that), DP can be shared by 2 people so that cuts down the number of adventures consumed. But Pirates: far too often.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1

I think we need new guild quests, that would solve the problem.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    guildquests that don't require you to pay 40 carriages which is a [ Censored ] load in resources would be nice as well. I can live more with paying weapons as you can get those from adventures but spending 10k granite and exotic planks on the buildings and then another 300 exotic wood + a load in iron for each quest is a bit meh.

Please be careful with the words you chose

Thanks,
    peck_ed
    Last edited by peck_ed; 29.01.13 at 14:12.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Don't forget that you can get stuff for Guild Coins. Something for something, my friend.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Island of Pirates cost 2000 guild coins - it's not even close to being profitable to buy it...

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    It might not be profitable, but there are some who turn the adventure into resources by trading.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Erm, the title of the thread is "Pirates as guild quest: waaaay too common". 2000 Guild Coins for an Adventure/Quest that will bring you maybe a few hundred is not a very good deal no matter how one looks at it.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    For me the Pirates is about the best guild-quest I can get. Much better then "finish traitors" which I had several times (more often then the pirates actually), or having to pay a bunch of cannons. And you get the guildcoins on top of the already nice loot of the pirates.

Adding a few more adventures or other guild-quests would be nice though, that would also reduce the chance to get 1 particular quest several times in a short period of time.

*off hunting pirates now, got a guild-quest to do!*

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    As someone who does not like Pirates... I agree it comes too often
    (not just to be contrary:P I just find it really annoying that the start zone does not have the space for the generals needed to do it in one go, and as this quest seems to be aimed at higher level players, BB should expect most of us to have more than 4 generals + I always seem to get exo logs, I want granite, and don't we all)

+ 1 for the thread

and totally agree with getting some new quests after they fix some of the annoying bugs; like adventure invite.

Blue

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    `same things can be said for stuff like nords etc - there are pro's and con's to any adventure that needs to be finished for a guildquest and imo guildquests are just like daily quests- i see no need for all to be desirable to finish for all players. Some will have different ideas/goals and some quests wont fit in it and for some others they fit perfectly and for some the reward is worth the effort/investment-

Reply to Thread