Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Black Knights - sending invites and accepting invite crashes game

World
    Sandycove

Black Knights - sending invites and accepting invite crashes game

Who else is still getting this error?

The game refreshes nearly every time I either accept an invite or send one.

Another thread I posted in yesterday about this states this bug is fixed, but it is not; it happened to me again this morning. Most of my fellow guild members also experience the same problem...

World
    Newfoundland
    Hey jollyfog2012, have you spoken to Support yet about this issue?
    I'm more than likely working right now.

World
    Sandycove
    yes - 2nd time now and waiting for another response...

Further to this - advice from the Mods about clearing cookies and cache have NOT resolved the problem
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 29.01.13 at 16:26.

World
    Sandycove
    literally just happened to me when i accepted a bk ls but happens when i accept or sell any ls for over a month now all they say is they are looking into it even though like me you cleared the cookies. cashe and history it dont make a difference

World
    Sandycove
    I have to add - this is not restricted to this single adventure anymore Had the same thing again with VtV and RB...

World
    Sandycove
    only response from support has been that they run a script each night. Have told them this has not fixed the issue and have received no further contact from them...

World
    Sandycove
    heres the latest response from support - please tell me if this has any relevance to the ticket I put in re the above?

ME: A lot of my guild experience the same problem when either accepting an invite to Black Knights or actually inviting others to play. The server times out and we have to refresh. This error has also got a thread on the forum..

SUPPORT: Thank you for taking the time to get in touch and apologies for this inconvenience. We are running a script every night to try to fix this zone problem. Can you please confirm if you are still having this issue?

ME: Yes I can confirm myself and others are still having issues with this problem, as of all day yesterday and last evening.

The adventure also remains in the quest tab after completion/claiming rewards, inducing another manual refresh in order to commence a new adventure.

I'm beginning to wonder if it only affects players over a certain level, as some players do not get these issues. I am at level 47 at the moment, and it seems those over level 42 have the same problem. So you might want to consider this into your investigations.

I would appreciate further feedback on this, as the script you are running each night is evidently not working..

Thanking you in advance

SUPPORT: As you may have noticed all of the quests you have now are meant to be completed as you progress (level up) in the game, however quests like the one you mentioned seem to be hitting a dead end since the higher level players (such as you) have already completed the objectives in the past or have already passed the required level.

There's a new patch been deployed that will fix this problem. The next version (mid February) will include several fixes and this will be fixed.

Also what seems to be happening at the moment is that when players are trying to place/move buildings in their land the game exits itself from the server, for the present moment, until the deploy of this fix, donĀ“t place it in your island just yet.

In the meantime we apologise for the inconvenience and we thank you for your patience in this matter.

For more information please visit: http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...nd-Performance

CONCLUSION: BB have not read the ticket correctly and are answering a problem I have not raised an issue with

World
    Newfoundland
    Agreed, looks like they have misunderstood your issue, maybe provide some screenshots as well so they can't get it mixed up with the other issue that appears to be affecting some of the other players in their chain quests locking. I guess they're used to fielding a lot of tickets regarding that issue, human at the other end of the line after all!

Hopefully a 3rd run with screenshots might help
    I'm more than likely working right now.

World
    Sandycove
    thanks for your response Peck_ed, but I am slowly losing the will to live here

response to the above today:

ME: This response has no relevance to the ticket I originally put in. Please read the ticket again very carefully, and respond with information that actually may just prevent this problem from arising again in the future!

SUPPORT: Thank you for taking the time to get in touch and apologies for the irrelevance of the previous email.

Can you please answer the following questions in order for us to look into this issue further?

Is this problem still outstanding?
    Can you confirm if all your members are affected by this issue?
    What are the levels of your guild members and your guild size?
    Has any member join/left the guild recently?

ME: Yes the problem is still outstanding
    No - not all members are affected
    Guild size is currently 100, with 71 members
    Yes quite a few have left and joined.

This issue affects players outside the guild also, and has nothing to do with guild quests. Its about inviting friends to play different adventures. Upon accepting invites, the game refreshes itself with server busy. It happens to other people in different guilds and is mentioned on the forum.

I await another reply

World
    Sandycove
    The problem might be more specific then just inviting or accepting an invitation for an adventure.

- Does it matter who starts the adventure?
    - Are all players lvl 42 or above , or is there always a player beneath 42 when trying?
    - If there is a player beneath 42, does it matter in which order you invite him (first or last)?
    - Do you invite friends from the dropdown menu, or from the quest book (while visiting the adventure map)?
    - Can you think of anything else that you might do while starting an adventure, but others don't?

Reply to Thread