Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Officer mail

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    The only person in a guild who I can see who would need to mail all officers is the guild leader, I can't think why anyone below that level needs to.
    This may be about the size and nature of your guild. We use an officer only forum for Guild strategy discussions, designing and getting agreement to guild competitions, co-ordinate guild resources and prizes, to share info about other guild members and potential guild members.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus
    If i was in a guild that badly run I would want out.
    You totally misunderstand!

However: I would prefer more general improvements to the mail system than ones solely focused on officers. If we had a "Sent Items" then I could easily forward to all officers and it would bring lots of other advantages too. Happy for total mail box size to be limited to enable this . In fact we don't even need a separate box - just have a "Sent" mail "Type" (the first item in the mail listing)
    Last edited by Gavona; 03.08.13 at 11:52.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBranch View Post
    That's only possible on a ship. Most likely rebellion therefore.
    Please look up the meaning of mutiny it does not only apply on a ship.

"Mutiny is a conspiracy among members of a group of similarly situated individuals (typically members of the military; or the crew of any ship, even if they are civilians) to openly oppose, change or overthrow an authority to which they are subject. The term is commonly used for a rebellion among members of the military against their superior officer(s), but can also occasionally refer to any type of rebellion against an authority figure."

Thanks

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ah, you're right. But, also notice:

A mutiny is when members of a military unit defy the orders of their superiors or commanding officer.
    A rebellion is when citizens of a country challenge the authority of their leaders and government.

Unless you are a military guild, perhaps a rebellion after all?

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Since when is a guild a country?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    If i was in a guild that badly run I would want out.
    I was just giving hypothetical examples of where group mail to officers could be a useful feature to some people: this is after all what this thread is about rather than a discussion on how a guild should be run!

Quote Originally Posted by Gavona View Post
    However: I would prefer more general improvements to the mail system than ones solely focused on officers. If we had a "Sent Items" then I could easily forward to all officers and it would bring lots of other advantages too. Happy for total mail box size to be limited to enable this . In fact we don't even need a separate box - just have a "Sent" mail "Type" (the first item in the mail listing)
    +1 this would be even more useful to a much wider audience and in many more scenarios!

Reply to Thread