Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Auction channel - please show interest

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Great idea, i miss the good times on g-4 allot, i hope they do server/game wide events more often because that realy made g-4 alive.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    +1 to the idea of an Auction Channel trial, because it sounds like good fun.

There seems to be some confusion in a number of previous posts but we are getting a dedicated Trade Chat-Tab in the February update, it's live on the Test server now.

"A major request from the community will be implemented as well: The chat will have a “trade” channel. A permanent tab will give you easy access to the channel!"

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Great idea

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    As Iolanthe says - we are due to get a separate Trade tab, it's on the test server at the moment. See - there's a trade tab

So - if they can implement that as fast as the fix they did for the bugged wheatfields and wells, it would mean that those in g-3 could still see trades in foreseeable future. People that normally stay in g-1 would have to change channels if the current version on test is anything to go by.

I just think it would be nice to have something different happening in the game. May be it will fall flat on it's face. May be it can cause problems. However - I would love it if we were given the chance to try.

I found that g4 took me back to when I 1st started playing the game. There was a real sense of camaraderie and of helping each other (I'm choosing to ignore the amount of people that got banned due to their ability to type combined with their inability to read. Harsh - may be..) You do not have to be mercenary to progress in this game, I'd like to be given a chance where we can come together, outside of events that BB might have planned, and outside of guild.

Blue

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Hello, I'm so noob, please anyone could help me. What for a trade tab? What's the difference compared to trade office? Ok, I also would like auctions, but why on chat?

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    i like it, enythimg to make the game more interesting

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    That's a good question Brankovics, I'll try to 'splain.

The Trade Office holds Offers only, there is no player to player interaction.

The current Trade Chat (global-3 here though many servers don't yet have a dedicated Trade Chat Channel and trades are posted in the midst of global-1 chatter) is Trade *only* and chat, even when it's related to trade, is heavily discouraged by both players and Mods. When the new Trade Tab comes in it will replace global-3 which is lovely because we'll be able to have Trade chat and another global open at the same time but it will still be relatively chat free and consist mostly of WTS/WTB etc.

Auctions are a player creation and are done on other servers in assorted globals semi-assigned for them and many have their own sets of strict, player-enforced rules much like our own global-3.

The idea here, if I've understood it correctly, is to have a test run on global-3 (after the Trade Tab goes live) of Auctions/Trade chat that's a bit more unrestricted. This would allow not only the fun of bidding on things you may want but doing so with people from across your server, not just those in your [Guild] should you have one. It would also create a space for newer players who've been sent from Help to global-3 with their Trade questions then hushed in global-3 for chatting (very frustrating) to ask and find answers and for older players to have more casual, in-depth Trade conversations without getting spammed by "Is this Trade? Take it to g-1." The main difficulty is the need for moderation, some other servers are only lightly moderated but all the English channels here in 'Euro English' are more or less constantly modded so adding another would mean more for Mods to try to follow. Since Auctions are a player notion only and not supported by BlueByte (There is no Auction function in the TO) there is also unfortunately some risk of things going wrong. While this must be acknowledged it seems to me at least a fairly minimal risk and the rewards of a well run Auction channel would I think outweigh the possible challenges of "keeping people honest."

Hope that helps, and BlueFairy, if I've gone well off the rails do please correct me. Cheers.

Edit: Ha! I've just realised the above is basically a carbon of the original post, I really should do coffee *before* typing... but as it's here I'll let it stand.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 02.02.13 at 14:54. Reason: Narf.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    i like the idea very much.
    all the other servers got an auction global i think. we tried in past to make some auctions but people didnt understand the idea of it.
    lets try on a different global and see. for BB all globals except 1 and 3, is dead.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    The Trade Office holds Offers only, there is no player to player interaction.
    OK, it is a big deficiency of TO, but I think, it is not incommutable.

Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    The current Trade Chat ... is Trade *only* and chat, even when it's related to trade, is heavily discouraged by both players and Mods. When the new Trade Tab comes in ... we'll be able to have Trade chat and another global open at the same time...

Auctions are a player creation and are done on other servers in assorted globals semi-assigned for them and many have their own sets of strict, player-enforced rules much like our own global-3.
    More or less I see. But what helps on this, harder on the other side. At first glance that is a big advantage, but IMO a new *trade* tab/channel *parallel* with trade office just make confusion. Seems a big advantage, because opens the possibility of bargaining, what is very needed. But a TC has no the effects of TO. I mean such ability to hold more offers at the same time, recognizable time limits, advanced search and filtering, history and last but not least a handy interface. OK, some of them can be greatly improved, but I think developing one stuff to the top is more effective like developing two different thing halfway. Other hand if there are two face for trading, then an offerer should choose one (what's result is narrowing the range of products on both), and customers should watch both (pay double heed). I think it is better to develope an option to bargain into TO, such simply like in old trade channel: click on the offerer's name, and send back a modified offer which can be accepted (resulting transaction takes place immediately) or rejected. I can imagine also a *trade channel/tab* similarly to "old trade office", but because of its limited possibilities, on lower level only, what helps to "learn" the usable trading rates in TSO.

An *Auction* is totally else, it is really similar to a multi-stakeholder conversation, to a chat. There are a lot of kind of auctions with very-very different rules (e.g. english or dutch?), applying them to the TO is hard to imagine. So the main expectations of auction channel should be discussed widely, but mainly I found only posts about demand of its existence, without details.

So shortly what I say: 1. No parallel Trade Tab and Trade Panel (except on different levels), 2. Need of bargaining option, 3. Discussion about details of auction *before* implementation of auction channel.

World
    Newfoundland
    +1!!!!

would be great to see it implemented.. =)

♥♥♥ Thank You BB_Ravel and Dantesama! ♥♥♥

Reply to Thread