Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Auction channel - please show interest

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland

Auction channel - please show interest

The Auction Channel

There is a few of us that miss the camaraderie from the EotW event, we would like g4 to stay forever... An extra channel apart from trade (g3) or the general chatter of global 1. With the introduction of a new tab for global-3 from BlueByte, this can hopefully be achieved. You can play the trading game, but more so - if it will be a way to keep in touch server wide, across guilds. Some do not like the general chattiness of G1, some would like more chat than G3. Can we with BB’s help make this happen in g4?

Some other servers have “Auction” channels - would you be interested in seeing the same here?

A caveat - this idea has not been pitched to BlueByte, so we do not know if it is possible.

From what I understand - Blue Byte needs to moderate channels conducted in English. This means that a channel like this would be a strain on the chat moderators. My suggestion is this: Let us try it for a month - one day a week, or 2 days would be even better. My suggestion is Sunday as 1st choice and Wednesday as 2nd choice.

I also have some suggestions for rules... (Please feel free to disagree, agree, come up with new ones etc) Generally we do not need rules in TSO, but there are always some that provides a reason as to why we have them
    • All general chat rules and Terms and conditions apply
    • Scammer - you cannot use the word. You always have to consider if people have a bad connection
    • To make it more interesting... ask for highest or lowest bid as the winner
    • Do a quiz - fastest or most creative reply is the Winner. (this is subjective, so be prepared to loose)
    • All auctions must have a time limit. I think 10, 15 or 30m is fair
    • Guild Leaders should be a point of contact - and also responsible for their guild members behave
    • All trades have to be agreed on by both parties, ie how much, when and how long

What do you think? Bring ideas and criticism on in a constructive manner, please

Kind regards, Blue

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think it sounds like a super idea, and I would definitely like to see it given a try!

Fendal

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    its a lovely idea.
    im in

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I found my self in this post in "few of us that miss g-4" and here to support idea of auction channel,not because few of us already talk about it and liked it ,just because we need something new that will keep us "together" and make game more interesting like eotw did

Nothing to add or disagree

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Absolutely a fabulous idea - highly endorse

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'm in also. I missed the era of EotW.

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello BlueFairy,

I'm going to move this thread to 'Game Suggestions' .

[Thread moved]

Thank you,
    Sinister-King

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Whether it's a trade channel or auction channel (can be the same), we do need the current global-3 to have its own permanent tag.
    If I want to swap baskets or sell a lootspot, I do not want to leave the discussion going on in global-4 to do this.

I also understand this same applies to those normally being in their own language channel.
    Why would they have to stop their conversation just to check a trade?

Having a dedicated trade channel would also reduce the constant need for moderating in global-1 after each maintenance.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think a channel where you can trade and chat is a brilliant idea and g4 worked perfectly and brought people together from all over,
    all with the same goal to enjoy the game :-)

World
    Newfoundland
    Idea is good and i support it Its always nice to feel better in game when u have people around you that make something big together

Reply to Thread