Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Unfair guild quests

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove

Unfair guild quests

Guild quests are fast losing their appeal for me. In the last 3 weeks I have had to complete Nords 4 times, Pirates twice, Dark Priests 4 times, pay cannons twice and carriages twice.
    My explorers/scouts have NOT found one Nords in the last month, meaning I have had to purchase them in order to complete quests, same goes for the cannons and carriages... and they are not cheap to buy.
    All for what? A measly 91 guild coins if the entire guild completes the quest.
    My request is that if BB are so set on handing out these sort of quests, then at least give us a fair chance of getting the required adventures from searches. I do not want SOTV or Secluded or Victors... ever!!

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    here here.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    totally agree

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    nonsense

The price is relative at best and varies. As to the adventures- you can:
    1) Do pirates without a loss of money- more likely a gain as it is the best source of granite in drop percentage around- the loot will be worth it- although it might get boring
    2) The adventures like nords and dp can be done easy enough by buying the lootspot- all these adventures have very regular sales of lootspots and/or u can share the lootspots within guild.
    3) If as a guild you decide that some quests are too unattractive, you can cancel em easy enough. A lot of guilds do not complete 1 guildquest every day and many take 2-3 days to complete em, some more. This means that usually u have a follow on quest popping up which can be cancelled the same day and then wont impact duration of the quest as the next day a new "waiting " quest will pop or a new active one if you finished the previous day

If a guild is so hard core on the quests they manage to finish each one the same day- then theyc an afford to do the less desirable quests as well imo

4) Items like cannon are really not more expensive than 50 gold ore or 20 gold coin etc which is needed on a regular basis as well. Most times i see cannon for around a 2:1 ratio or better and most people who get cannon can have a stock of em in storehouse from doing the higher lvl adventures where they drop- so as a guild you should be able to work together easy enough to have cannon to go around. As to carriages- if you do the main questlines or someone in guild will do the main lines- they will have a carriage maker and can make em- or youc an label em as unattractive and cancel
    5) The amount of people needing to finish the guildquest is not the whole guild but a percentage of the players labeled as actives- which means they will have had to have logged on in the previous 2 days or so- so there is some leeway for non completers of the quest. You can argue that this percentage needs to be adjusted- which it might need to be to get a better reflection of true actives, but it still doesnt make the quests unfair

At the end of the day- the main rewards for the quests are items you normally have to buy with gems so imo should cost a fair bit of in game effort and in game currency to get

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFairy View Post
    Guild quests are fast losing their appeal for me. In the last 3 weeks I have had to complete Nords 4 times, Pirates twice, Dark Priests 4 times, pay cannons twice and carriages twice.
    Interesting. Nords, carriages and cannons are from the same level as I have. But I don't get Pirates or DP as guild quest, those are received only by lower levels. Is it different by guild ?

World
    Newfoundland
    The Guild Quests will depend on a few factors, this post has a little about the different levels and amount of players needed for them

• Daily guild quests are split into different groups to match the level of the player: 10-18, 19-25, 26-35, 36-45 and 45-50
    • The number of members in your guild will affect which guild quests you will receive. The level ranges are: 10-20, 21-35, 36-55 and 56-100 members
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Maybe a small improvement could be the level ranges, 26-35, 26-45, 26-50 so players level 45 aren't always getting level 47+ requests. Not easy to produce gunpowder and carriages when you don't have the level to build the buildings or even the resources, and other guild members level 45+ getting the exact same request. At least with a possibility of a lower requirement you get more variety and less chance of the whole guild asking the few with the building or resources saved to use them all daily.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Could you guys tell me what the exact percentage of actives could be? As it seems pretty high for me our guild is 39 members and 27 is needed to complete (this does not sounds extremly high however we have continuous problems with completing guild quests)

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Please don't complain about how guild quests are unfair, bb devs haven't made a new guild quest for ages and are penalising players for complaining about this state of affairs. I am seriously thinking about spending my cash elsewhere

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Has anyone noticed that the moment someone gets bored of a feature he posts on the forums and many others follow?

If this would be such a Unfair thing, why is all the other 99% doing it? Please answer politely, not trying to create static here.

Reply to Thread