Reply to Thread

Thread: About guildquests

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

About guildquests

I'm really into this question and was about to find something particular how exactly guild quests work. To be precise how the number of players to complete is determined. I found some threads mentioning that it has something to do with the last 2 days log in (so it depends on activity), but can someone please confirm exact numbers or percentages.

The posts i found:

Patch note
    Activity is considered

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I'd love to know this for a certainty too. From an aged Dev Diary:

Every active guild member (active if logged in during the last 2 days) gets a personal task that may differ between the members. When a player fulfills his personal tasks he gains a personal reward. The guild quest is active until the overall main task is completed or until the guild leader cancels it. When a specific percentage of the guild members have finished their personal sub quests, the main quest is completed and all pending personal sub quests become obsolete.
    and this is from the German Wiki (via Google Trans):

To comply with the guild quest, ensure that 80% of all active members to complete the quest. Herein active that the player was logged within the last 48 hours in the game.
    Newly added players the guild quests are available after 24 hours.
    Is the "specific percentage" in fact 80% and is "within 48 hours" still the measure of 'activity'?

World
    Newfoundland
    From what I've seen it goes off the time that the server swings over at 2AM. So if a player has been inactive from 02:00 until 01:59 (the next day) they wont be eligible for the next days (the one that will appear at 2AM) Guild Quest.

I could be wrong but that is what I have seen so far. Also would likely mean you'd need 80% of the number of people that had logged in during those times for the day before to complete it as a Guild

(Again those are my own personal findings, no idea if they are true or not)
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Cheers peck_ed. When they work as they're meant to that seems well in line with everyone's guess-timate. The 80% I've only seen mentioned by players, the German Dev Diary also says only "a certain percentage" and the American edition repeats our equally vague "a specific percentage", while the clock TSO reckons by is often set to accommodate a strange plane not our own.

Considering the many difficulties Guild Quests are having and the resulting frustration felt across worlds, knowing how they are intended to work and what precisely is required for a Guild to complete them (should they still be receiving them) would I think be very nice indeed. It would certainly help Guilds recognise when something starts to go hinky.

Reply to Thread