Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Contest] A Valentine's role playing Story!

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove

[Contest] A Valentine's role playing Story!

The awkward moment when you realise Valentines day is approaching fast and the only one who loves you is your pet...

You feel sleepy and finally fall asleep after having enjoyed a nice good cup of tea by the fire, you are suddenly woken up by a very loud bang in the room next door.
    "Great...Probably that silly cat again" you mumble to yourself.
    You enter the room. It looks like every single book has fallen from your grandmother's bookshelf...
    "If I catch that cat..I swear..I will.. mehhhhh" .
    After spending a good hour picking up all the books from the floor and placing them back to their rightful place, you notice and old letter on the floor, the letter seems quite old now! You read it and have a sudden flash back...
    Indeed, this was your first love letter... you wrote it and had every intention to to send it to that special person at the time but you never had the guts to do it!

You are suddenly engulfed by nostalgia, excitement and panic as you realise you've been alone all this time and that the person you have been admiring and loved for years now doesn't even know you even exist!
    What happened? Time flies! Valentine's day is approaching, it's clearly time for you to do something about this!

Now what would a Settler do in this situation? It is up to you to write up the rest of this Valentine story!

You have one week to create a follow up to this little extract!

RULES

Use your imagination and write up the rest of this story

-One entry per person only!

REWARDS

Top 3

1st-1000 gems
    2nd-800 gems
    3rd-500 gems

We might consider rewarding others depending on how the contest goes

DATES

Contest starts today and ends February 15th!

Get your pencils and creative minds going!

BB_Dantesama
    Last edited by BB_Dantesama; 07.02.13 at 16:03.
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by LibiboMorbido View Post
    We are not allowed to mention beer/ale in chat, but you are here ?

As requested, I have changed it to tea

Let us go back to topic please, we await your entries!
    Last edited by BB_Dantesama; 07.02.13 at 16:09.
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm sorry to keep off topic but:

Quote Originally Posted by LibiboMorbido
    We are not allowed to mention beer/ale in chat, but you are here ?
    we're not?

I see the exemption has gone from the Code of Conduct but "Brew" (Beer/Ale) is a rather important component of the game and clearly part of Settler life. o.0

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    I'm sorry to keep off topic but:

we're not?

I see the exemption has gone from the Code of Conduct but "Brew" (Beer/Ale) is a rather important component of the game and clearly part of Settler life. o.0
    Brew is not beer or ale. It is just something made with wheat and water.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Staring at the screen again, watching my settlers carry the goods from place to place.
    Building my stores and making me big and strong for the next adventure.

Ahh a new guild member? "hello alexie" typed quickly to beat the other guildies to the punch.
    "hello Bale" the tentative reply in my little chat window,
    "Welcome to Skull" a person online to chat to, always a good thing, relieves the hours of waiting.

The standard welcomes and pleasantries passed and resources supplied to help her grow big and strong.
    Days pass and chatting with each other gets to become a buzz, waiting each day for the little light to come on above her head.
    That little green halo signifiying the beginning of the start of my day and the quicker passage of time. All too soon a goodbye and
    my game reverts back to the humdrum of management and troop building again.

"pop pop" the sound of a whisper. Alexie again. "why the whisper?".
    Finding that she's not well, but wanting to chat with me, not in the guild chat.
    Time flashing by in a pink haze, not seeing the rest of the world online, concentrating solely on the chat with "my Lady".
    Wondering at what point did i begin to think of her as mine? When did i start to get excited at the prospect of her appearance?

Weeks pass in a blur as we begin to garner feelings, the outpouring of our lives, loves, wants and desires.
    Occasionally remembering that we are playing a game and need to do stuff. The laughing as we realize coal was found 2 hours ago and
    we still haven't placed the mine. The complete distraction afforded by her presence and the myopia on my part to her whims.

Finally all chat comes to an end with the question, "shall we meet?"
    Consider my surprise when the reply is "yes".
    Tentative plans are laid and the date draws near. Chat dwindles as we both ponder our impending face to face.

Finally the day arrives, showered, shaved and even deodorized i await her arrival, no fingernails remain and teeth marks ending at the elbows.
    The meeting wasn't love at 1st sight. Thinking back, that had already started with the 1st "hello alexie". We settled down into a nice comfortable chat,
    nerves, yes. Fears, yes. But also, hopes, dreams and the thoughts of needing to buy a new hat.

Many months have passed since that day. we've shared a football event, hallowe'en event, and even spent our christmas together gathering all
    our pressies and buying what we could. We now share a life, a home and a cat.

We still have two islands. But now we have one goal.
    We still have two accounts. But now with one purpose.
    We still have two armies. But now with one objective.

There is only one settlers. To the developers we're thankful.
    There is only one northisle. To meeting, we owe chance.
    There is only one skull. To the guild we owe our gratitude.

There is now only one couple, and the arrival of our 1st valentine.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    HI BB

How do you submit your entries?

Cheers
    Ash

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Forzeegamink View Post
    HI BB

How do you submit your entries?

Cheers
    Ash
    You can submit them by posting in here as Balerathon has

Don't forget to use your imagination and come up with a creative story in the realms of the Settlers World!

Let us know how the story unfolds with the fate of our settler and his pesky cat!
    Last edited by peck_ed; 07.02.13 at 17:13.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

World
    Northisle
    Nice one Bale and I can say all true, all the best for your future Balerathon and San Alexie, and of course Tiggs (the cat)

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    The Farm Boy and the School Girl

I was spending most of my days on the farm fields, waiting for something new to happen. I watched as my neighbors worked hard at their brewery, preparing the good drinks for our troops that have been called yet again to an odd adventure. Some Nords attacked again. Funny stuff.

The sun was almost down and I needed to decide what to do next: should I consider going for a stroll, visiting Samuel the Deerstalker, or should I head back home, have some dinner, and end up sleeping in the barn. I decided to to go home, there were some fresh sausages and some good bread my mother made just this morning.

As I entered our residence, my mother asked me if I'm hungry, and after I confirmed it with a bored nod, she filled the table with all the goodies a young man could ask for. It was delicious, but I had to listen to my mother's preach about me getting a girl, getting married, have some kids, bla bla bla. And she kindly reminded me that Valentine's day is tomorrow... Who cared? Time for sleep and hope for a new, different day, when I will wake up in the morning.

It must have been noon when I first heard the laughing. It felt weird to my ears, there were no kids around the farms, and my parents were born without their funny bones, they don't laugh. I tried to locate the source of the laughs, but I couldn't see anything because of the Wheat, so I decided to climb the tree, in hope of a better view.

I saw a wagon filled with people, mostly girls. The wagon was heading toward the village, I guess it was taking them to the school. Weird time to start a lesson, but how would I know? I want to be a soldier, not a scholar. Losing that thought my eyes focused on one particular girl, I can't really tell why, but I could not take my eyes of her. She had amazing red hair, and her face seemed as beautiful as the moon. I though of the moon cause her face was also pale, but I guess that's normal. I tried to follow her face with my eyes hoping her to see me, but the wagon was leaving my line of sight.

Quickly, I jumped off the tree and started running. I needed to cross our Wheat fields, then down the road after the wagon, ending up inside the village, just near the village school. I hid behind the corner, and peaked out, searching for that girl. She was nowhere to be seen.

I turned around, kind of nervous, realizing that I don't do this things, and I asked myself, what's wrong with me? I should be watching the What grow... cause that's what I'm good for right? I decided to go back to farm but the moment I turned around, there she was! She was standing behind me all this time.

She was smiling, asking me if I was stalking her. Of course not, why would I do that? But my face, my traitor face, blushed so it was obvious I'm not telling the truth. But she didn't care. She found it really funny. I felt like a little kid, had no clue what to do next. She tiled her head, smiled again and said "Com on!." She grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the road that leads out of the city. We were running, laughing, I felt happy.

We stopped at the tree I usually used to sleep, and she told me that she saw me. It felt good that I was not only imagining things. We talked for a while and we decided to meet tonight. I asked her if it's a date and while leaving, she turned back and said :

"It's Valentine's Day, after all"

World
    Sandycove
    As I sit there I wonder what has happened to my long lost love Cyril, I clutch the letter close to my heart remembering all the words as if I wrote them yesterday.

Dear Cyril,
    I have admired you from a far, you are strong, rugged, handsome and a very brave explorer, I long to hear your stories from your travels far and near, The adventures you have along the way. I long to hold you in my arms knowing you are my one true love and our love will never die.
    Will you be my valentine forever
    All my love Beryl

As I get Dressed I catch a glimpse of Bert and Ernie those darn cats I think to myself then I smile, after all if they had not have knocked the books down I would not have found the letter, My heart skips a beat with excitement I cant believe what I am about to do "you can do it Beryl I think to myself"
    I put on my coat and close the door behind me, Outside it is a nice sunny day in Luluville, the streets are busy with people rushing here there and every where all hoping to find a special gift for their loved ones, after all it is Valentines Day tomorrow.

I wander the streets l look for Cyril there is no sign of him, I sigh after all he has been missing for the last 5 years, no where to be seen, nobody has heard from him he is missing presumed dead on one of his treasure hunts or maybe he was killed in action on a adventure.
    A tear rolls down my face, my heart wont believe the worst, he is out there I know he is I have to find him to deliver this letter. My love for him has never faded and I must know the truth. But I need help!

I follow the main road out of Luluville to the outskirts, I come across a flour mill and farm, Its Luigi my jolly friend sure he can help me. I knock and he answers, I told him I must find Cyril my heart must know the truth like he needs to know the truth about how I feel. Luigi agrees and joins me on the search for my true love.
    We walk further out of the town, and on a tree we see the following notice.

I get scared, there's bandits and outlaws about, we are not a brave warriors or explorers but Beryl and Luigie looking for the love of my life, what can we do???? We walk further into Bandits nest there are old camp fires every where, I feel like we are being watched from hidden places that we cant see.

We are both on the floor I look at Luigi and see a dog licking his face, Luigi is laughing and says "we should take it with us, it can help protect us from what lays ahead." I think for a while and decide that the dog can come, I name him Defa the protector. All 3 of us are off on our journey once again.

It is 18 hours until Valentines day I must find my true love fast. Defa the protector stops and stares, there is music up ahead, we can believe our eyes we see a monkey and its nephew singing a tune,

"Five little monkeys jumping on the bed
    One fell off and bumped his head
    Mama called the doctor,
    And the doctor said
    No more monkeys jumping on the bed

Four little monkeys jumping on the bed
    Mama called the doctor
    And the doctor said,

Three little monkeys jumping on the bed
    Mama called the doctor
    And the doctor said,

Two little monkeys jumping on the bed
    Mama called the doctor
    And the doctor said,

One little monkey jumping on the bed
    Mama called the doctor
    And the doctor said,
    Put those monkeys right to bed"

We go further along the long winding road, we come across 3 Black Knights Boris, Morris and Doris,they are brave warriors from the Dark Brotherhood and they join our quest too. They tell us stories on our travels of defeating a vicious victor and and how they used gunpowder to have a surprise attack against a roaring bull controlled by a wild Mary and her crazy cook who used to do secluded experiments and steal from the rich to give to the dark priests. they seem to have very exciting and adventurous lives, But they haven't seen or heard from my true love Cyril,
    They did say that if he was to be anywhere there are folk tales of a witch who lives in a swamp that likes to keep prisoners for her amusement. And that they will help us to reach her tower to see if he is there.
    I look at the sky its getting dark and there is a dark castle ahead, Morris,Boris and Doris say it belongs to the Nords a friendly bunch who captured the castle from the sons of the veld who were evil and nasty and practices the dark arts.
    We all enter the castle and the nords treat us all like old friends, they came over from the island of pirates to found a new colony. We talk a while and explain we are on a quest to find my one true love Cyril and we think he might be in the witch of the swamps tower. They give us noble steeds so that we can go faster by horseback to rescue Cyril if he is there. They warn us that there are traitors about that work for the witch to help her get prisoners, Me and Luigi look at each other then we look at the black knights Morris,Boris and Doris. Nahhhhhh I say to myself there's no traitors among us we are all on the same quest the quest for true love and overcome any adventures we have on the way.
    After 5 long hours and only 7 hours left to Valentines day it is there before us we have crossed the swamp I held on to Defa the protector on my noble steel so he didn't sink in the swamp.
    The tower is ahead in the distance.

I am once again scared what if the witch captures us? what if Cyril is not there?what should we do?
    CHARGE Morris,Boris and Doris shout as they storm the castle a large scary lady comes out with a lot of dogs.......Oh no its wild Mary they cry, they battle, Defa the protector battles the dogs he is brave he killed 199 dogs all by himself as the black knights battled Mary she is one tough scary lady, Luigi and myself hid in the trees we were to scared to fight. and waited until the long battle was over.

Luigi enters the tower alone, he finds Cyril and frees him the witch was not at home, on his way out of the tower Cyril was telling Luigi how the witch was just smothering him with motherly love and how he thinks she was lonely.
    They exit the castle. My heart skips a beat my Cyril is before me he has been gone for 5 long years. I run and hold him close, and I give him the letter out of my pocket and tell him I have had it for 5 long years hoping he would receive it. Everyone is staring at us, Morris,Boris and Doris are tired after their hard battle with Mary, Defa the protector looks all battered and wounded and tired, jolly Luigi is smiling at us.
    I start to tremble he is opening the letter and reads.
    Dear Cyril,
    I have admired you from a far, you are strong, rugged, handsome and a very brave explorer, I long to hear your stories from your travels far and near, The adventures you have along the way. I long to hold you in my arms knowing you are my one true love and our love will never die.
    Will you be my valentine forever
    All my love Beryl

He looks up and around, he stops and looks at me, he smiles and whispers in my ear "I will be your valentine forever" and kisses me on my cheek. I whisper back "I love you. but can we Keep Defa the protector he needs a home and to mend and he can keep the cats Bert and Ernie in line?"
    We did it we found my true love and he is all mine.

Closed Thread