Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Guild quests Update

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    There is an SIMPLE solution to this problem.

First we increase the number of guild coins you get for completing your task. Secondly at the end of the day, the guild quest is finished, and everyone who participated in this guild quest get an bonus in guild coins. If you didn't participated but you did participate in four times out of seven times you get half that bonus. Then a new guild quest is started.

This will make sure you get one guild quest every day. Also those who participate get more guild coins then those who have to miss this one, but still if you are doing it often enough you get some guild coins. Those who never do an guild quest or only very rarely will only get the coins when they contribute.

World
    Sandycove
    Neither of the reason specified apply to my guild.

1. I'm the guild leader so i'm not inactive
    2. Membership did not change when we stopped receiving them
    3. We literally completed one and never got another one

But if your fix on the 21st fixes my issue then i'll be satisfied (even though that's one week short of 2 months that we've been waiting)

Before the change happens can you please (re)post the conditions that should be met to receive the guild quests so we can all make sure that we are fulfilling those conditions
    Last edited by EternalPink; 08.02.13 at 22:42.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    There is an SIMPLE solution to this problem.

First we increase the number of guild coins you get for completing your task. Secondly at the end of the day, the guild quest is finished, and everyone who participated in this guild quest get an bonus in guild coins. If you didn't participated but you did participate in four times out of seven times you get half that bonus. Then a new guild quest is started.

This will make sure you get one guild quest every day. Also those who participate get more guild coins then those who have to miss this one, but still if you are doing it often enough you get some guild coins. Those who never do an guild quest or only very rarely will only get the coins when they contribute.
    The problem being discussed is that people aren't getting the Quests at all, the last Quest was completed, the reward claimed, then... nothing. It certainly hasn't guaranteed a new Quest every day. While there is room to argue about the distribution of Coins in Guilds still receiving them that many Guilds have been without a single Quest or Coin for days, weeks, or more than month is a larger issue. Unfortunately this number is only likely to grow over the next two weeks.

While it's good to know the Geo will be reappearing and progress of a sort is being made there is no mention of these lost Coins, here's hoping something is planned to remedy this as well. It's also unfortunate and discouraging to find the responsibility for this server-side problem laid, once again, at the feet of the players. The Original Post is exactly the same on the US and German servers and one really is forced to wonder just what the Devs are thinking. Can they really be this out of touch when so many people are taking so much time to point out and carefully explain these issues? Once again, honest information and open communication would serve everyone so much better, these repeated and clumsy attempts to sidestep just make things that much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalPink View Post
    Before the change happens can you please (re)post the conditions that should be met to receive the guild quests so we can all make sure that we are fulfilling those conditions
    Seconded. The specifics on receiving and completing them would be very helpful.

About-guildquests

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Before you post, please remember that Dante is the messenger, please don't shoot.

The Devs have sent the same inapplicable statement out to all the servers, and all night I've been reading in French and German, exactly the same kind of feelings that we have here.
    The GQs, in theory are a great idea, but their implementation has been poor, and bugged beyond belief. These bugs were apparent long before these went live, and judging by this statement, somebody still hasn't grasped the problem with these at all.
    Some of you may well be certain that the image of a guitarist in a tall black hat keeps popping up in my head.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    I've had no problem with the Guild Quest until this week and so it seems that there is a systemic problem with the core logic that needs identifying and addressing with more than vague hand waving.

This is why asking for us to vote for this, potentially wonderful, game on it's community relations is so laughable.. the vague responses to problems that tend to err on the side of 'it's mostly user error' are irritating and more humble acceptance of problems would surely be treated with more tolerance by the community rather than the endless allusions and excuses that just inflame the already burned users.

I did note the only thread that someone opened to discuss the 'community relations' vote was closed down right away.. nuff said.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    hmmm - we had to cancel or quest, it was completed, but as a guildie quit the game; it was either cancel or wait 2 weeks and hope it might be fixed.

Some of our guild have played a while, so we take deadlines with a pinch (or 20) of salt... As we had to cancel - will we get resources back if we contact support?

Tbh - I am not too bothered for myself, but I have some guild members that are really trying hard, they do not ask for freebies - as they want to complete on their own (feel free to agree or disagree on that philosophy).. I just find it really unfair that people loose out because of a bug.

Blue

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ok you say Dante it is the messenger but also the"face" we know on our servers as representing BB.
    Looks like I was a bit harsh?
    Yes I was! Why was I like that?
    I felt insulted by BB_Dantesama words or if you like by BB words.He says that we did report to support not having guild quests because some guildie didn't complete it,therefore we were like "idiots" claiming something that we shouldn't and also what he it is saying at the end of the day it is that whole guilds don't know how to play the game.
    But we did report to support NOT having guild quests AT ALL for over 1 month.No there isn't any guild quest to be completed,we do not even have the guild quest tab on the quest book and we didn't send silly claims about this situation,we did report NOT HAVING IT,not even the leader of the guild have any kind of guild quests or guild tab for almost 2 months.
    So I did reply to BB_Dantesama in the same way that he did insult me and all players that did report the same problem.As the "messenger" of a service provider he/they need to be more careful with they way they deal with costumers.
    If they didn't understand yet it is simple as that all what he said it is a gross misinterpretation of what we did report!!!
    Last edited by Ares-1; 10.02.13 at 00:06.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ares, all you are doing is ensuring that this thread will be closed, and then nobody else will be able to put forward their views.
    By all means start your own, or even better, send a mail, but please let us have an opportunity to put over our concerns in a civil manner.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Ares, all you are doing is ensuring that this thread will be closed, and then nobody else will be able to put forward their views.
    By all means start your own, or even better, send a mail, but please let us have an opportunity to put over our concerns in a civil manner.
    Hello Nogbad,

This thread will not close, rest assured.

Ares-1, I sincerely apologise if you took offense at my latest post, it was never my intention to upset anyone. I am not one to usually justify my work but I can assure you that all the issues you guys have reported regarding the guild quest in the last few months have been reported to appropriate department.
    We wanted to give you a quick update on the guild quest issue as we understand that this has been going on for quite some time, many threads have reflected this frustration.
    This update may not answer all of your queries regarding Guild Quests, I understand that, but know that updates will follow.
    And no, we are not deliberately avoiding them. We communicate all the information as soon as we have it.
    Updates will follow, I simply ask that you bear with me.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best

BB_Dantesama

I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello BB_Dantesama.
    I do accept your apologies,however I can't hold all my frustration since we did report the problem by the 23rd or 24th December and so far support says they can't do anything and pass the problem to Devs and we do not get any answer for very long time and then you come up with that post.
    I see the 21st coming close everyday and the implementation of the new version and by then it will be close to 2 months,near 60 days with no guild quest at all,and I see that we are losing guild coins everyday,some of us even over 80 guild coins a day and after all that time it will over 4500 guild coins that many of us did lose,some even more than that.
    Sincerely 2 months it is too log for this situation with no answer at all,something NEED to be done before the new version come up!
    Please do not come up with any thing new on guild market or guild quests unless you sort the problem before.

Reply to Thread