Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Guild quests Update

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    I fully accept that the forum staff are passing on the feedback as it comes in, sadly it seems that this information is not being acted upon by the appropriate department. This is where the frustration comes form ...

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    The unfortunate worldwide Press Release that inspired this thread does give, and very strongly, that impression. I'm looking forward to improved communication in the near future and hoping for "Updates" that contain more accurate assessments of issues that have been reported from the Test server to the live game, it is not always the easiest thing to include "We did err and now we are taking these steps to fix the problem, we apologize for the trouble." when "Player-side" is handy but when it's appropriate the ability to do so saves Staff being put in an awkward and uncomfortable position and can create goodwill instead of leaving players irate. Seems a large reward for a little accuracy and humility.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Dantesama View Post

Hello Nogbad,

This thread will not close, rest assured...

... many threads have reflected this frustration.
    This update may not answer all of your queries regarding Guild Quests, I understand that, but know that updates will follow.
    And no, we are not deliberately avoiding them. We communicate all the information as soon as we have it.
    Updates will follow, I simply ask that you bear with me.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best

BB_Dantesama

Thank you Dante, that's reassuring to know. Some of the "over-zealousness" lately has left me feeling rather uneasy, I'm all for editing out obscenities, and obvious rants, but I don't like to see constructive criticism buried. In fact, it can have quite a negative effect, as many duplicate threads spring up.

This cause in particular has really rankled with me, you may recall I highlighted the issues on the forum prior to these Quests going live (sadly the thread was locked), and yet we still seem unable to convince those responsible what problems they have caused here. Guilds are breaking, casual players ostracized, item values warped, and a clear imbalance between those lucky enough to have a reliable quest chain compared to those who don't. Not to mention an apparent push to play whatever adventures are on a limited list, to the detriment of choosing the ones you wish to play.

I really hope that the Developers finally sit up and take notice, this was a good idea poorly thought out and implemented, and they seriously have to look at the role and administration of the Testing server, these problems were well known at the time, but unlike previous incarnations, they were ignored and buried.
    I don't mind voluntarily trying to help out, but that site's raison d'etre seems to have been lost, instead becoming a kind of playground, where TSO can be played for no cost yet all features available, as long as one does not mind the occasional wipe.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Hi BB!

My problem is that I am at level 36 and among the guild quests there is one the "your brother Theodor" (The foul eggs quest) and this one does not want to open for months in spite of the fact that I am at level 36, and it has to be open at level 31. Therefore, I do not know what to do

thanks and sorry about my English

Maya4
    Last edited by Maya4; 13.02.13 at 13:26.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    i havent got guild quest for 2 days.could you pls help me?

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Sigh, it's people like the two posters above who lead BB to insult the players who actually know what they're talking about

Maya4: that's not a guild quest. But it is another well known bug that BB were told about months ago on the test server so quite why it's still a problem is a mystery.

diegotopkas: there's any number of things that might have gone wrong. And this thread is for feedback about a specific announcement, not for asking for help. Try in game help chat or the help sections of the forums.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I am afraid I am a little more cynical than many here and I believe the guild quest 'glitch' could simply be a way of generating more revenue. We are tempted by the offer of glittering prizes that will always be beyond our reach, we buy gems to get our promised goodies.
    A little less cynical, devs have ran out of ideas.
    Although the main problem remains the lack of information, it is quite refreshing to see this thread, thank you dante
    Last edited by plonka; 13.02.13 at 16:16. Reason: ad endum

World
    Newfoundland
    Unfortunately Gerontius, some other users might not be as forum able as yourself.

Maya4, please check this thread regarding your issue.

diegotopkas, please can you give us some more information regarding this? Has anyone else in your guild received a quest, or is this limited to just yourself? Do you have any waiting quests?
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by plonka View Post
    I am afraid I am a little more cynical than many here and I believe the guild quest 'glitch' could simply be a way of generating more revenue. We are tempted by the offer of glittering prizes that will always be beyond our reach, we buy gems to get our promised goodies.
    A little less cynical, devs have ran out of ideas.
    Although the main problem remains the lack of information, it is quite refreshing to see this thread, thank you dante
    Aha, the old 'conspiracy vs competence' dilemma.
    Trust me, this one is all down to the latter.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Sandycove
    So I just logged in, after maintenance finished. Guess what: GUILD QUEST! Yes, I have indeed received a new guild quest. It's taken 6 or 7 weeks, but I do have one now. Off to buy some hard wood

Reply to Thread