Reply to Thread

Thread: New kind of cheat?

World
    Northisle

New kind of cheat?

I stumbled upon an offer at TO which was ridicilously and suspiciously generous, and I accepted the trade, but the trade is still in there seeable by my friend, when it should be gone. I wonder if others have taken that trade too.. And I wonder if the player who put up a trade has to pay for the resources that one is offering.. How can he afford it really, if the trade is stuck there permanently and can be accepted numerous of times?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    When placing a Trade you may choose to offer up to four 'Lots', that is four sets of the same offer, by using the slider bar above the big Crate/Place Offer button in the middle of the window. http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...e-Trade-System

Each customer can only buy from a specific Offer once so if you've purchased a Lot the offer vanishes from your TO though it remains visible to those who haven't bought it (or they may just need to refresh the TO using the little green circular arrow.) A seller may also buy extra Slots with Gold Coins or gems and place several Offers of four Lots each which can also look a little odd but is perfectly legitimate. Regarding pricing... sometimes I've no idea what people are thinking, I just hope they know.

If an Offer is *wildly* underpriced or looks like a mistake I've even been known to contact the Seller and make sure they meant it, often they did, sometimes it's simply an honest mistake and sometimes it's a new player still trying to figure out the Market, in the last two cases offering to swap back is a kindness.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 11.02.13 at 10:45.

World
    Northisle
    Ok thanks for the explanation..lol.. Happy to find logic in that..

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Haha Np. Just don't look too hard for logic in all things TSO or you'll have a bit of a bump when you encounter Titanium.

Reply to Thread